Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Credit Card Double Tier?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Credit Card Double Tier?

I'm venturing away from Hilton and was looking at some credit cards today and making a run at Hyatt Globalist with the reduced requirements. On the credit card page I noticed the following in the fine print:

2 World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for Each Stay: To be eligible for this offer you must apply and be approved for the World of Hyatt Credit Card between August 16, 2021 and September 30, 2021. You, as the primary cardmember, will receive 2 World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits for each qualifying night you stay from August 16, 2021 until December 31, 2021. Please allow up to 8 weeks from the last day of the calendar month of your stay, for World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits to be added to your World of Hyatt account. To qualify for World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits, your World of Hyatt Credit Card account must be open and not in default and you must be a member in good standing with the World of Hyatt program. World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits are valid from the date of issuance through December 31st of the same calendar year, however, please note that World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits awarded for 2021 nights will apply to status for 2021 even if issued and/or received in 2022. An authorized user will not receive the World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits. World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits will apply to achieving World of Hyatt status and milestone benefits applicable to Tier-Qualifying Night requirements (as outlined in the program terms). The Tier-Qualifying Nights earned are not Free Night Awards. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Is this new? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet. At first I thought it was just a weird way of saying the requirements are in half for elite status this year but this is specific to the credit card and looks like it may have been added in today. Either that, or it's basing it off of it being today which would be a little weird. Anyone know anything else about this?
nmoe and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes it’s new. It was reported on View From The Wing this morning.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

OK cool good timing for me to give Hyatt a try then. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:58 pm

seem like one can get globalist with only 10 night stay with the offer to max out the signup bonus (5 for the card, 6 for spending $15k to get full signup bonus) and doubling of 10 night stay = 31 nights = globalist.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Yeah this sounds strange to me. I wonder if their bookings are slumping due to the covid surge right now. Seems like they're going to end up with a lot of globalists kind of like Hilton with diamond when they added it to a credit card.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Seems to me that Hyatt wants to run up Chase Hyatt card customer counts and to do so without dangling out points as much and as easily as they did in Q4 2020; so instead now Hyatt is using the carrot of extra, extra easy elite status acquisition and the benefits that may come with that status to push more Hyatt credit cards.

They had already made it extra easy for Q4 2020 credit card sign-up customers, but that had a better/easier card bonus for point acquisition.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 17, 2021 at 5:03 am
Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm, I'm currently doing a mattress run that ends on August 20th and will leave me at 30 nights, plus organically will have another 10 at least before the year ends. Haven't had a WoH card but wondering if it's worth jumping on now as it will gave me the extra nights to get the suite awards and cat 7 reward? Does anyone know if it would apply to the current stay... Or I guess if I would even receive it in time to utilize it? Thanks all!

Edit: looks like I don't need to use the card to pay for the stay. Might pull the trigger... It'll be my 5/24 card but only until October when I can hopefully do another round of ink cards.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Hmm, I'm currently doing a mattress run that ends on August 20th and will leave me at 30 nights, plus organically will have another 10 at least before the year ends. Haven't had a WoH card but wondering if it's worth jumping on now as it will gave me the extra nights to get the suite awards and cat 7 reward? Does anyone know if it would apply to the current stay... Or I guess if I would even receive it in time to utilize it? Thanks all!

Edit: looks like I don't need to use the card to pay for the stay. Might pull the trigger... It'll be my 5/24 card but only until October when I can hopefully do another round of ink cards.
I'd guess it'll work just fine. But how long is the stay that's ending on 8/20? If it's a short stay and you don't have anything planned through the rest of the year then I would consider holding off for a better SUB. But if it's a long stay that's going to get you the 40/50/60 night milestones (as well as a concierge for the next ~year+) then it seems well worth it.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I'd guess it'll work just fine. But how long is the stay that's ending on 8/20? If it's a short stay and you don't have anything planned through the rest of the year then I would consider holding off for a better SUB. But if it's a long stay that's going to get you the 40/50/60 night milestones (as well as a concierge for the next ~year+) then it seems well worth it.
It's about 20 nights, although I think only the last 3 would count as double based on the wording. I have another 10 nights booked for the year which is why I wanted globalist which would put me normally at 40. With this promo and getting the card I think I get an extra 3 (August stay), 10 (rest of year) and 5 (from having the card) which will put me at 2 nights short of 60 which I can easily hit normally (I have 2 weeks in Europe also booked with no hotels selected yet).
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
It's about 20 nights, although I think only the last 3 would count as double based on the wording. I have another 10 nights booked for the year which is why I wanted globalist which would put me normally at 40. With this promo and getting the card I think I get an extra 3 (August stay), 10 (rest of year) and 5 (from having the card) which will put me at 2 nights short of 60 which I can easily hit normally (I have 2 weeks in Europe also booked with no hotels selected yet).
For the piece in bold, it's best to assume/plan for only the last 3 counting. But often Hyatt promos are based on checkout date only so it may end up doubling the entire 20 nights. So if you're going to do it then it's definitely worth taking the chance and signing up ASAP in the hope that you end up with 40 nights.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
For the piece in bold, it's best to assume/plan for only the last 3 counting. But often Hyatt promos are based on checkout date only so it may end up doubling the entire 20 nights. So if you're going to do it then it's definitely worth taking the chance and signing up ASAP in the hope that you end up with 40 nights.
I'll sign up tonight, cheers and thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Got approved for the card last night so I’ll give it a go. I was going to get the Sapphire Reserve as well but might have to wait because I don’t want to get declined and chase frowns upon multiple applications. Bummer because I need that card for upcoming travel but the Hyatt offer is too much to pass up.

Anyone have any experience in how long it takes for the tier nights/status from the card to post after approval? I have a stay starting tomorrow I’d like to have at least some status for.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:11 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Got approved for the card last night so I’ll give it a go. I was going to get the Sapphire Reserve as well but might have to wait because I don’t want to get declined and chase frowns upon multiple applications. Bummer because I need that card for upcoming travel but the Hyatt offer is too much to pass up.

Anyone have any experience in how long it takes for the tier nights/status from the card to post after approval? I have a stay starting tomorrow I’d like to have at least some status for.
You can MDD to get 2 chase cards back to back (second card within 24 hours of approval of the first)
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:22 am

The bonus for the card is really 45k, right? Since you need to spend $15k to get to the maximum signup bonus which is part of the 60k. I guess this card is only attractive to those that need the double nights or are starting from scratch to globalists. (Or catch up on the summer redemption bonus since those historically were retroactive, at least the rebate from last year was)
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WasKnown
You can MDD to get 2 chase cards back to back (second card within 24 hours of approval of the first)
thanks I’ll apply today then. Guess I missed that part. A lot of what I read said same day will almost always be a decline but next day might be ok and you still run a risk of chase closing them shortly after. I was going to wait a little longer but I’ll give it a try. Just thought that changing my no fee sapphire to a Freedom unlimited and applying for 2 cards all within 24 hours would’ve been too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.