Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Why do I have to fill out a credit card authorization form before my stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I have a room booked at the end of the month, which I booked using the Hyatt app with my World of Hyatt card. I called the hotel to just request a bottle of champagne in the room for our arrival. I have to fill out 2 forms to get this done. They want me to fill out and sign a credit card authorization form, to charge my card before I arrive. Then I have to fill and sign another form for what I want delivered to my room.I remember before, you'd just call the concierge and request something to your room, and they'd have it done and just put the charges on your reservation to be paid at checkout. Is this new, or just a Hyatt thing?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:37 pm

I'm guessing they need to charge/authorize you before arrival -- and they don't have a room associated with the reservation yet. Right now, technically you've only authorized them for a charge/deposit for the room rate -- according to the T&Cs and deposit policy of your booking type. It's only at check in that you authorize for "incidentals".

Just a guess.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:38 pm

Did you want something very specific? Maybe they had lots of recent chargebacks or lots of “I thought it was complimentary” comments. (Just speculating)
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Atreyu21
Is this new, or just a Hyatt thing?
It has nothing to do with Hyatt. These are the requirements of the individual property.

Also, you don't mention the country, but these sorts of procedures are particularly common in countries where credit card transactions are subject to more rigorous requirements.
Often1 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:20 pm

Property dependent perhaps, though it seems pretty preemptive for a bottle of champagne. Did you ask for a bottle that isn't typically available?

I've definitely filled out these authorization forms before, specifically in Japan at the PH and HR Tokyo, when asking the concierge to make some dining reservations for me. It's to discourage no-shows/late minute cancels for hard-to-get reservations.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Where is this?

Some parts of the world, there needs to be a signed form. Others, it is not required but harder to challenge and yet others may have had poor experiences.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Atreyu21
I have a room booked at the end of the month, which I booked using the Hyatt app with my World of Hyatt card. I called the hotel to just request a bottle of champagne in the room for our arrival. I have to fill out 2 forms to get this done. They want me to fill out and sign a credit card authorization form, to charge my card before I arrive. Then I have to fill and sign another form for what I want delivered to my room.I remember before, you'd just call the concierge and request something to your room, and they'd have it done and just put the charges on your reservation to be paid at checkout. Is this new, or just a Hyatt thing?
If it's a menu bottle (e.g., available via room service, etc.) I agree that I'd find this over the top. If you're asking the concierge to procure a specific bottle the property doesn't normally stock, then it's a more reasonable request.

As others have noted, hotels in some countries (like Japan) do love to insist on CC authorization forms especially for anything 3rd party or requiring a deposit, although I find the top properties to back off on this a bit after repeat visits.
Doppy and writerguyfl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.