Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist benefit for multiple rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist benefit for multiple rooms

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kthpence
I have an upcoming stay at the Andaz in Maui and we booked two paid rooms and are hoping that our parents (in the 2nd room) will be able to enjoy breakfast with us via my partner's globalist status (both rooms are booked under his name). Any anecdotal evidence they'll allow this ? Should we ask upon check-in, or should we just go to breakfast the first morning and see what happens?

Also, what about the waived resort fee? Will that apply to both rooms or just one?
Would it make sense to switch the parents' room to points from the Glob account? A GOH booking would give the benefits you want, plus free parking IIRC.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would it make sense to switch the parents' room to points from the Glob account? A GOH booking would give the benefits you want, plus free parking IIRC.
We were able to get an incredible rate with the Healthcare offer that booked into a King Ocean View room (I'm embarrassed to say how inexpensive it is based on what the room is going for now...) so it wouldn't be a good use of points in this instance, particularly because the rate and the room category is really a steal,
Old May 17, 2021, 1:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skj
Was one of these at the Andaz Maui ? I've received Glob benefits for multiple rooms several times, but I've never tried at the Andaz. Given the games they play with award nights and other benefits, I'd be surprised if they would go this far beyond what the T&Cs require.
no unfortunately not
Old May 17, 2021, 8:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
We were able to get an incredible rate with the Healthcare offer that booked into a King Ocean View room (I'm embarrassed to say how inexpensive it is based on what the room is going for now...) so it wouldn't be a good use of points in this instance, particularly because the rate and the room category is really a steal,
In another thread you said you booked a Prive rate, which should include breakfast. Was your TA able to stack Prive benes on top of the THANKYOU rate or did you rebook ?

Personally, if the rate is as low as I've heard, I wouldn't push for benefits that go beyond what's in the T&Cs. Even if you add paying for breakfast, the rate is still a great bargain.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skj
In another thread you said you booked a Prive rate, which should include breakfast. Was your TA able to stack Prive benes on top of the THANKYOU rate or did you rebook ?

Personally, if the rate is as low as I've heard, I wouldn't push for benefits that go beyond what's in the T&Cs. Even if you add paying for breakfast, the rate is still a great bargain.
AFAIK to get Prive benefits, you must book an official Prive rate. Moreover, Prive agents might not be willing to book nonPrive deep discount rates for unless you're a regular client.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK to get Prive benefits, you must book an official Prive rate. Moreover, Prive agents might not be willing to book nonPrive deep discount rates for unless you're a regular client.
No, this was not able to be stacked with a Prive rate, unfortunately. I'm not sure having a discounted rate that is eligible for WOH points + status recognition should negate any potential added benefits that a globalist usually gets (i.e. breakfast for a 2nd room). We'll see what they say at check-in and will report back.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:35 pm

As a Glob, you get Glob benefits on Prive rates, but if you book a rate through the Hyatt website, you don't get Prive benefits, and Prive agents might be unwilling to book such rates for you if you're not an established client.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
I have booked a 2nd room with Guest of Honor before, but I have not been able to apply a TSU directly to GOH and was shot down once over phone.
Is it possible to apply TSU or Club Access to a GOH stay booked with points? If not it seems like getting two guaranteed TSU applied for the two rooms is weighed against the risk of not getting perks like free breakfast for second room if that is not explicitly required although typically honored? I am trying to book 2-3 rooms for a family vacation next year and probably have an extra TSU to spare, but not clear best path.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:17 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by TrojanDomer
I have booked a 2nd room with Guest of Honor before, but I have not been able to apply a TSU directly to GOH and was shot down once over phone.
Is it possible to apply TSU or Club Access to a GOH stay booked with points? If not it seems like getting two guaranteed TSU applied for the two rooms is weighed against the risk of not getting perks like free breakfast for second room if that is not explicitly required although typically honored? I am trying to book 2-3 rooms for a family vacation next year and probably have an extra TSU to spare, but not clear best path.
you cannot use TSU on a GoH booking. Club access award is not necessary, as GoH has the same benes as Glob (except TSU).
you can use 2 TSU on 2 rooms in your name though, done that multiple times.

you get points for 3 rooms in your name, but night credit for 1 room only. Although not explicitly mentioned as a bene in the T&C, i always got all benes for all 3 rooms, while suite upgrade on checkin only for 1 room.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
Thanks that was my thought book the 2 rooms and 2TSU in my name since would rather be guaranteed space if we need it and take chances on lounge/breakfast which as you noted is sometimes a non issue and provided by property even if not an absolutely guaranteed, could always have fun and attach club access to 2nd room to finally use one before it expires even if it doesn’t do anything

Last edited by TrojanDomer; Nov 9, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by myperks
I’ll just wait until time gets closer and we finalize who is all going and then go from there. Maybe reach out to the property to confirm as well if the concierge can’t convert award.
I have booked two rooms under my name and am paying for both. One at a paid rate and one at a cash and points rate.
As a Globalist will the resort fee be waived in both rooms TIA
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:05 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I have booked two rooms under my name and am paying for both. One at a paid rate and one at a cash and points rate.
As a Globalist will the resort fee be waived in both rooms TIA
Not according to the T&Cs but some properties will provide Glob benes, including waived resort fees, for multiple rooms booked in the Glob's name. Did you call the property and ask?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
at GH Jeju (S. Korea), they are sticklers for rules. I booked two rooms, both using points, both under my name. Upon check-in, they wouldn't allow the rest of my party to check-in the other room since my name was on it. I told them I could've easily done a GoH for them and she said it was technically true but it's not what I did. I then had to escalate to the manager who finally allowed me to move forward. It was stressful and so be warned if you're going to GH Jeju. Many of the Korean Hyatts are sticklers about T&C.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by swhang
at GH Jeju (S. Korea), they are sticklers for rules. I booked two rooms, both using points, both under my name. Upon check-in, they wouldn't allow the rest of my party to check-in the other room since my name was on it. I told them I could've easily done a GoH for them and she said it was technically true but it's not what I did. I then had to escalate to the manager who finally allowed me to move forward. It was stressful and so be warned if you're going to GH Jeju. Many of the Korean Hyatts are sticklers about T&C.
Did they allow both rooms to use the Grand Club?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
As I understand, you cannot transfer free night awards, nor can you apply additional certificates (suite upgrade, GoH) on top of the FNA.

Therefore, when you use 2 FNAs to book 2 rooms, it is up to the hotel whether they grant globalist benefits (waived fees, breakfast) for the 2nd room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.