Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist benefit for multiple rooms

Old Mar 30, 21, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Avis First

Just hit my 60 night milestone for the year. Planning a family trip later in the summer at a Grand Hyatt resort in Asia. I will be traveling with a party of 7 and will need 3 rooms. How can I maximize Globalist benefits for all 3 rooms? Can I extend Guest of Honor benefit to one or both of the rooms?
Old Mar 30, 21, 5:19 pm

You can extend Guest of Honor to both -- you have to book the reservations with points or certificates from your account though. Can't be applied to paid stays.

That said, I have had folks traveling with me be given free breakfast, or upgraded to nicer rooms on paid stays -- but it's all at the discretion of the property. In the case of the upgraded room, the property manager had reached out proactively to see if there was anything that I needed ahead of my arrival. I informed them that I'd be traveling with my family and some friends in another room, so they moved us into a standard suite, and our friends into a nice ocean view room two doors down from us. But again -- all up to the property.
Old Mar 30, 21, 6:01 pm

Iíve booked two rooms at a many different properties and never had a problem. Both rooms are always in my name and I pay for both. Iíve gotten all benefits up to and including suite upgrades for both rooms. It is technically up to the property though.
River in Sight and catchgops like this.
Old Mar 30, 21, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Hope for the best, expect the worst (aka following the T&Cs)
Old Mar 30, 21, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
what property are you going to? (if you don't mind saying)
Old Mar 30, 21, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
As others have mentioned, most properties seem pretty good about extending elite benefits to multiple rooms, but it is still up to the property - so it may be helpful to check the property-specific review thread.
Old Mar 30, 21, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Agreed with all of the above.
- Typically (though not guaranteed) I've gotten benefits for a second paid room in my name
- To guarantee benefits for rooms #2 and #3, book with points and use Guest of Honor. T&C are clear, all the rooms get benefits. "Your" room can be any mix of paid/points/certs.
catchgops likes this.
Old Mar 30, 21, 11:24 pm

Assuming you're looking to do a paid rate rather than awards, another good way is to apply Club Access awards for the remaining rooms (where possible), so that there's no question of having club access for all the rooms even if the hotel doesn't grant it for free.

Having multiple rooms is pretty much the only time it makes sense to apply Club Access awards, which are otherwise completely useless for a Globalist travelling alone.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Mar 31, 21, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Assuming you're looking to do a paid rate rather than awards, another good way is to apply Club Access awards for the remaining rooms (where possible), so that there's no question of having club access for all the rooms even if the hotel doesn't grant it for free.

Having multiple rooms is pretty much the only time it makes sense to apply Club Access awards, which are otherwise completely useless for a Globalist travelling alone.
+1. Unless you really want to use points - GoH - then apply the otherwise useless Club Access awards. The hotel will still upgrade to suites if it was inclined to do so in the first place...

The other option I suppose is to burn several TSUs (if available). IIRC a suite always gets you club access, breakfast, etc.
catchgops likes this.
Old Mar 31, 21, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
IIRC a suite always gets you club access, breakfast, etc.
Unfortunately not. For globalists (who have that anyway) that's true, but just because you pay for a suite or get upgraded to a suite doesn't mean that you have club access or breakfast included. You can take a look at lots of hotels (for example, GH San Diego) you can book a suite and it doesn't automatically come with club access.
Old Mar 31, 21, 10:36 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
The other option I suppose is to burn several TSUs (if available). IIRC a suite always gets you club access, breakfast, etc.
Definitely not lol.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 31, 21, 10:55 am

At least this is not a topic or question that has been asked or discussed before at length multiple times....

What everyone else said. Most properties are good about it but do not have to unless you GoH. That is the full story. Anything beyond that is the discretion of the property.
Old Mar 31, 21, 11:29 am

If globalist books two award rooms and stays in one of them (one for the kids), technically by default the second room is eligible for GOH but for convenience purposes, booked both under globalistís name. I wonder if the properties can buy that argument if it comes down to it. I guess GOH is the best to remove any questions on benefits.
Old Mar 31, 21, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by strife View Post
Definitely not lol.
Sure... laugh all you like...

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
Unfortunately not. For globalists (who have that anyway) that's true, but just because you pay for a suite or get upgraded to a suite doesn't mean that you have club access or breakfast included. You can take a look at lots of hotels (for example, GH San Diego) you can book a suite and it doesn't automatically come with club access.
OK. So it's not automatic. But it is definitely included with suites at quite a few international Hyatts in Europe and Asia...
Old Mar 31, 21, 2:11 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
Sure... laugh all you like....
Oh I am definitely still laughing, you claimed "always" and that is definitely not anywhere close to being the case.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: