Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist via Vegas and Mlife

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I've had dozens of nights at mLife properties in Vegas (mostly Bellagio & Delano)... I think it's correct to say that I've always gotten night credit when I've paid an upcharge to upgrade from the comped room to a suite, but I have only occasionally gotten night credit when there's just resort fees & F&B spend on my folio.

My Vegas offers have never been too great (unlike at MGM National Harbor where I was getting >$1000/week in Free Bet recently despite having a winning year there last year...), but yes they do fluctuate with your play. I don't think it takes too much to keep the basic "free room" offer, but if you're getting RFB then 2 weeks of small play will definitely kill your offers.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by shand32783
I'm confused now also... I had all my stays post to Hyatt from comped Mlife. Just checked My New Years 3 night stay and now that says "0" nights earned. This messes up my Globalist run for Jan-Feb now. I had those stays, plus another Vegas and Orlando run and can't see making it now. =( I banked on the stays in Vegas. They have always been comped (with exception of resort fees) and the next Vegas one is comped also.
In my experience, it's hit & miss. I've had 100% comped stays earn credits and, if I recall, even bonuses; while others, not so much. A suggestion for your future stay is to bill something to your room daily, like coffee or a gelato. Or, if you have a host, ask if he/she can set a very low room rate of, say, $1; or, a small upcharge for a room upgrade. At this point, it's pure speculation.

Good luck on your next stay, and hope your nights post!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Technically if it's comped it's not supposed to earn credit for that night (resort fee does not matter).

In reality, it seems like a mixed bag, which may, in part, depend on which property you're at.

Always a good idea to have your Hyatt number on file - even if you don't earn nights, you're still eligible for Hyatt points. So unless your bill at the end is literally $0, you're leaving points on the table.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:42 am

In all my stays at Bellagio (all comped and no resort fees) I’ve never had any nights post as qualifying. I wonder what’s happening for those that do get credit?
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gengar
I've never actually provided my Hyatt number at check-in at Mlife properties - but it's also never been a problem. Nearly all (certainly 90%+) of my stays have posted automatically without issue, although a few needed me to e-mail the Mlife memberservices e-mail address.
I've had a number of stays where there were tips/retail leftover after everything else was comped and never earned Hyatt points on those. I submitted the most recent two for retroactive credit via mLife and the first agent said my Hyatt number was already on the folio and wait 30 days before requesting, so I waited until both stays were 30+ days and resubmitted and the 2nd agent "gently" reminded me to always give my Hyatt number at checkin, "since the system does not do it automatically because we have different partners" /shrug. Dunno how long these take to work their way through the system, but that was over a week ago and nothing has shown up yet.

Originally Posted by Zorak
I have a test stay booked in Jan at Excal through the Hyatt app though for $23/night + resort fees (hoping either to get those removed or use express comps), will see how that goes.
Checked out Friday, nights and points posted today. I went by the front desk and asked them to remove resort fees and food but leave the base rate (which confused the agent "you don't want everything taken off?" -- probably unnecessarily, I made something up about getting reimbursed for just the room rate and that avoided any followup questions ); this was taken out of my Express Comps balance.

For others considering this who are actually planning on staying and using the room, be advised that the base room at the Excal has a single small table that's not really suitable for remote work unless all you have is a laptop. Wifi also dropped out and reconnected occasionally (didn't do a speed test but Zoom was fine and everything else I do is over ssh so I don't need a ton of bandwidth)

Given there are data points each way, I wonder what would've happened if I'd had the room rate comped also. Since this was 5 nights I didn't want to experiment too much, but I might try with a shorter stay where I'm only risking 2 nights. And also at a nicer property
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
For others considering this who are actually planning on staying and using the room, be advised that the base room at the Excal has a single small table that's not really suitable for remote work unless all you have is a laptop. Wifi also dropped out and reconnected occasionally (didn't do a speed test but Zoom was fine and everything else I do is over ssh so I don't need a ton of bandwidth)
There are offers with F&B credits that can offset the room fee. As long as you are planning to eat and/or drink you can "rescue" yourself from the Excal room and stay at a better property. I've seen dates where the F&B credit completely offsets the room rate (Vdara, Park MGM come to mind).

Current offer is Experience Sports in Vegas
italdesign and Zorak like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jan 18, 2021 at 11:51 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
There are offers with F&B credits that can offset the room fee. As long as you are planning to eat and/or drink you can "rescue" yourself from the Excal room and stay at a better property. I've seen dates where the F&B credit completely offsets the room rate (Vdara, Park MGM come to mind).

Current offer is Experience Sports in Vegas
useful to know in general (although in my situation because I generally accumulate Express Comps faster than I can use them, I can always use those to get F&B removed, so for me the offset is less useful)

Asking my Aria host for other creative possibilities
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
I've had a number of stays where there were tips/retail leftover after everything else was comped and never earned Hyatt points on those. I submitted the most recent two for retroactive credit via mLife and the first agent said my Hyatt number was already on the folio and wait 30 days before requesting, so I waited until both stays were 30+ days and resubmitted and the 2nd agent "gently" reminded me to always give my Hyatt number at checkin, "since the system does not do it automatically because we have different partners" /shrug. Dunno how long these take to work their way through the system, but that was over a week ago and nothing has shown up yet.

Checked out Friday, nights and points posted today. I went by the front desk and asked them to remove resort fees and food but leave the base rate (which confused the agent "you don't want everything taken off?" -- probably unnecessarily, I made something up about getting reimbursed for just the room rate and that avoided any followup questions ); this was taken out of my Express Comps balance.

Given there are data points each way, I wonder what would've happened if I'd had the room rate comped also. Since this was 5 nights I didn't want to experiment too much, but I might try with a shorter stay where I'm only risking 2 nights. And also at a nicer property
If you want to go to Vegas again, or anyone else... I need 10 more nights, keen to book those in Vegas but can not fly now from Europe to check-in myself :-)
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
If you want to go to Vegas again, or anyone else... I need 10 more nights, keen to book those in Vegas but can not fly now from Europe to check-in myself :-)
The problem is that it might be a bit awkward if the check in clerk asks for identification.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jbeckett
The problem is that it might be a bit awkward if the check in clerk asks for identification.
Have the person who made the reservation add the check-in-er to the reservation.

David
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Why Vegas? Seems to be a very unattractive option together with all the applicable resort fees, even if the base rate is just ~ $30.

Best would be Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Why Vegas? Seems to be a very unattractive option together with all the applicable resort fees, even if the base rate is just ~ $30.

Best would be Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand.
Vegas, 55$ total a night bargain to become Globalist with 10 more nights needed...
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:06 pm

Anyone know how long does it typically take for mLife stay posted onto Hyatt? Checked out on Monday still waiting for it to be posted.

Do they post daily or by batch?
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
Anyone know how long does it typically take for mLife stay posted onto Hyatt? Checked out on Monday still waiting for it to be posted.

Don't know the answer to the second question, but I checked out on a Friday and the stay was posted on Sunday.
anchor79 and DELee like this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79

Sometimes it can take a week or two, even if you book via Hyatt
anchor79 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.