Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Keeping or losing your WOH Concierge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

https://viewfromthewing.com/top-hyat...eir-concierge/

Top Hyatt Elites Who Don’t Stay 60 Nights Next Year Will Lose Their Concierge

by Gary Leff on December 3, 2020

Thoughts? Are folks happy with their concierge?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It seems like a bit of an odd / filler story. It’s the same as saying that people who don’t stay 60 nights next year won’t get a Cat 1-7 free night cert. In my view the website makes it clear that the concierge is a milestone benefit and not tied to globalist status (which you could also have gotten for 20 nights through the corporate match).
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Would be bummed to lose mine, great guy and very responsive

But the Hyatt Twitter/Messenger team is also insanely responsive if need be
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Would be bummed to lose mine, great guy and very responsive

But the Hyatt Twitter/Messenger team is also insanely responsive if need be
The Twitter team is perfect for anything that’s relatively straightforward or doesn’t require multiple back and forth questions / answers (since there isn’t much continuity in which individual picks up / responds to your message).
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
can regular hyatt CS or twit team handle GOH bookings?Thanks!
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Sooooo I hit Globalist a few weeks ago after doing a corporate challenge- 20 nights in 90 days. Was able to do 31 nights, not that it matters. I now have Globalist status through 2021. I assume I wont get the personal concierge since i didn't do it the old fashioned way? I have received no communication other than being welcome to Globalist.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Sooooo I hit Globalist a few weeks ago after doing a corporate challenge- 20 nights in 90 days. Was able to do 31 nights, not that it matters. I now have Globalist status through 2021. I assume I wont get the personal concierge since i didn't do it the old fashioned way? I have received no communication other than being welcome to Globalist.
Correct. To get a concierge, you'd need to hit 60 nights in a calendar year.
Ryno1234 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this true for those of us who did 60+ nights in 2019 and got our Globalist status extended through 2021 (to February 28, 2022)? At the time, I thought we were told that we would keep our concierges.

Note that I'm not asking about concierges for anyone qualifying for Glob with only 30 nights credited during 2021.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this true for those of us who did 60+ nights in 2019 and got our Globalist status extended through 2021 (to February 28, 2022)? At the time, I thought we were told that we would keep our concierges.

Note that I'm not asking about concierges for anyone qualifying for Glob with only 30 nights credited during 2021.
I asked a similar question on another thread. The Hyatt website seemed to suggest that those Globs would lose access to Concierges at the end of Feb 2021.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32857396-post93.html

EDIT: Just read the blog linked in the 1st post and it does appear that Hyatt said that they also extended Concierge access to Feb 2022 for those in the situation above.

Last edited by econ; Dec 3, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
can regular hyatt CS or twit team handle GOH bookings?Thanks!
Yup. I've had to call (twitter said they couldn't do GoH), but they handled it quickly.

Twitter does a great job with TSUs, I use that a lot.
Wintertiger likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: Globallist
Have over 180 nights past 2 years. Never once thought about using my Concierge for anything.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
While my concierge is nice she works odd hours and it can take awhile for a response which leaves me to just contact Hyatt online or over the phone.

So Concierge not a big deal for me whether I push for 60 or not. I’ll likely do 60 for al the other Milestones, Concierge is inconsequential.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Mine's been great. Particularly with getting bogus hotel charges removed from my bill post-checkout.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I don’t use mine all that often. Depends on how time sensitive my request is. I don’t want to risk a TSU request if the suite is available at the time I’m booking and she happens to not be working.

As a LTG I think I’ll continue to have access. I’ll actually hit 60 TQN as well this year - with CC and actual nights.

I feel Globalist has a lot of benefits. And those that earn it short of “60” nights really shouldn’t complain too much about not having a free night at Cat 1-7, not having TSUs or access to concierge.

If somebody says “well in that case ill
stay at Marriott or Hilton” so be it. Their top tier is nothing compared to Globalist even without these extras.
econ likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 7:43 pm

I am at 50 night and I am not going for 60. Frankly, losing mine is of no consequence but the 1-7 award and the 2 additional TSUs hurts.

My concierge only responds during normal business hours and often I need a quick answer, esp when overseas. Hyatt's Twitter and FT team's been perfect for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.