FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Keeping or losing your WOH Concierge? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2029642-keeping-losing-your-woh-concierge.html)

777 global mile hound Dec 3, 2020 12:02 pm

Keeping or losing your WOH Concierge?

https://viewfromthewing.com/top-hyat...eir-concierge/

Top Hyatt Elites Who Don’t Stay 60 Nights Next Year Will Lose Their Concierge

by Gary Leff on December 3, 2020

Thoughts? Are folks happy with their concierge?

coleslaw Dec 3, 2020 12:13 pm

It seems like a bit of an odd / filler story. It’s the same as saying that people who don’t stay 60 nights next year won’t get a Cat 1-7 free night cert. In my view the website makes it clear that the concierge is a milestone benefit and not tied to globalist status (which you could also have gotten for 20 nights through the corporate match).

UA-NYC Dec 3, 2020 1:50 pm

Would be bummed to lose mine, great guy and very responsive

But the Hyatt Twitter/Messenger team is also insanely responsive if need be

coleslaw Dec 3, 2020 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 32861272)
Would be bummed to lose mine, great guy and very responsive

But the Hyatt Twitter/Messenger team is also insanely responsive if need be

The Twitter team is perfect for anything that’s relatively straightforward or doesn’t require multiple back and forth questions / answers (since there isn’t much continuity in which individual picks up / responds to your message).

Wintertiger Dec 3, 2020 2:00 pm

can regular hyatt CS or twit team handle GOH bookings?Thanks!

Ryno1234 Dec 3, 2020 2:31 pm

Sooooo I hit Globalist a few weeks ago after doing a corporate challenge- 20 nights in 90 days. Was able to do 31 nights, not that it matters. I now have Globalist status through 2021. I assume I wont get the personal concierge since i didn't do it the old fashioned way? I have received no communication other than being welcome to Globalist.

dkc192 Dec 3, 2020 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234 (Post 32861350)
Sooooo I hit Globalist a few weeks ago after doing a corporate challenge- 20 nights in 90 days. Was able to do 31 nights, not that it matters. I now have Globalist status through 2021. I assume I wont get the personal concierge since i didn't do it the old fashioned way? I have received no communication other than being welcome to Globalist.

Correct. To get a concierge, you'd need to hit 60 nights in a calendar year.

MSPeconomist Dec 3, 2020 2:45 pm

Is this true for those of us who did 60+ nights in 2019 and got our Globalist status extended through 2021 (to February 28, 2022)? At the time, I thought we were told that we would keep our concierges.

Note that I'm not asking about concierges for anyone qualifying for Glob with only 30 nights credited during 2021.

econ Dec 3, 2020 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32861385)
Is this true for those of us who did 60+ nights in 2019 and got our Globalist status extended through 2021 (to February 28, 2022)? At the time, I thought we were told that we would keep our concierges.

Note that I'm not asking about concierges for anyone qualifying for Glob with only 30 nights credited during 2021.

I asked a similar question on another thread. The Hyatt website seemed to suggest that those Globs would lose access to Concierges at the end of Feb 2021.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32857396-post93.html

EDIT: Just read the blog linked in the 1st post and it does appear that Hyatt said that they also extended Concierge access to Feb 2022 for those in the situation above.

jameswes Dec 3, 2020 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger (Post 32861290)
can regular hyatt CS or twit team handle GOH bookings?Thanks!

Yup. I've had to call (twitter said they couldn't do GoH), but they handled it quickly.

Twitter does a great job with TSUs, I use that a lot.

creativeguess1 Dec 3, 2020 4:07 pm

Have over 180 nights past 2 years. Never once thought about using my Concierge for anything.

Matt4200 Dec 3, 2020 4:24 pm

While my concierge is nice she works odd hours and it can take awhile for a response which leaves me to just contact Hyatt online or over the phone.

So Concierge not a big deal for me whether I push for 60 or not. I’ll likely do 60 for al the other Milestones, Concierge is inconsequential.

econ Dec 3, 2020 4:43 pm

Mine's been great. Particularly with getting bogus hotel charges removed from my bill post-checkout.

SF1K Dec 3, 2020 7:16 pm

I don’t use mine all that often. Depends on how time sensitive my request is. I don’t want to risk a TSU request if the suite is available at the time I’m booking and she happens to not be working.

As a LTG I think I’ll continue to have access. I’ll actually hit 60 TQN as well this year - with CC and actual nights.

I feel Globalist has a lot of benefits. And those that earn it short of “60” nights really shouldn’t complain too much about not having a free night at Cat 1-7, not having TSUs or access to concierge.

If somebody says “well in that case ill
stay at Marriott or Hilton” so be it. Their top tier is nothing compared to Globalist even without these extras.

fangtl Dec 3, 2020 7:43 pm

I am at 50 night and I am not going for 60. Frankly, losing mine is of no consequence but the 1-7 award and the 2 additional TSUs hurts.

My concierge only responds during normal business hours and often I need a quick answer, esp when overseas. Hyatt's Twitter and FT team's been perfect for me.