Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So many free night certificates!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:47 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I get 17 FNs sitting in my Excel sheet. More to come next year. Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG. I forego the Radisson one since I can't find any property that is close by.
Do not know what to expect next year.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RedSun
I get 17 FNs sitting in my Excel sheet. More to come next year. Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG. I forego the Radisson one since I can't find any property that is close by.
Do not know what to expect next year.
Stay at a few hotels!

David
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DELee
Stay at a few hotels!

David
I think I can press the Globalist concierge to give me some points back if I have nowhere to go....
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
I think I can press the Globalist concierge to give me some points back if I have nowhere to go....
Whats the current stance on that? Id obviously Prefer to have the cat 4 level of points in my account vs a certificate that can only be used once and has an expiry date...
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Whats the current stance on that? Id obviously Prefer to have the cat 4 level of points in my account vs a certificate that can only be used once and has an expiry date...
No need to try it now since all FNs have been extended.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Not sure where to ask this question, but can you redeem free night certificates for someone else? For example, I have a C 1-7 free night, can I make a reservation in my wife's name using that certificate and if so, does that stay give her an elite night credit?
Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Not sure where to ask this question, but can you redeem free night certificates for someone else? For example, I have a C 1-7 free night, can I make a reservation in my wife's name using that certificate and if so, does that stay give her an elite night credit?
Thanks
^yes - you can. You use your free night (or points). Your wife can get the elite credit night towards her profile. The folks on the Hyatt phone line can make this happen - though Ive found its always helpful to re-verify with the staff at checkin that her Hyatt number is associated with the stay.

And if youre a current globalist you can even make it a guest of honor booking.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AllThePants
^yes - you can. You use your free night (or points). Your wife can get the elite credit night towards her profile. The folks on the Hyatt phone line can make this happen - though Ive found its always helpful to re-verify with the staff at checkin that her Hyatt number is associated with the stay.

And if youre a current globalist you can even make it a guest of honor booking.
Thanks! She's a globalist, so no worries there.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:40 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
I made 2 separate Cat 1-4 free night reservations under my husband's account for me to use. I was told to call back when he's home and have the name switched to mine since I'm going with our daughter and granddaughters for a girls getaway. So I call tonight (after about 1 hour holding, I get through). They tell me the first of the 2 nights is no longer available for a free night cert and only for points! What the heck? I asked for a supervisor because the rep and I were getting nowhere fast on this matter. If my husband was holding a free night cert reservation, how can they not have one available? Sheesh! The supervisor finally gets on the phone after another 20 min. She reluctantly agrees to switch it to my name. The 2nd night was available for a free night cert. It's a capacity thing apparently, but Holy Moly! We were already holding 2 separate free night Cat 1-4 certs for those 2 nights. Customer no-service. I'm happy I got what I was after, but that was so far (still not done) 1 hour and 20 min of my life to square this away.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T Q
I made 2 separate Cat 1-4 free night reservations under my husband's account for me to use. I was told to call back when he's home and have the name switched to mine since I'm going with our daughter and granddaughters for a girls getaway. So I call tonight (after about 1 hour holding, I get through). They tell me the first of the 2 nights is no longer available for a free night cert and only for points! What the heck? I asked for a supervisor because the rep and I were getting nowhere fast on this matter. If my husband was holding a free night cert reservation, how can they not have one available? Sheesh! The supervisor finally gets on the phone after another 20 min. She reluctantly agrees to switch it to my name. The 2nd night was available for a free night cert. It's a capacity thing apparently, but Holy Moly! We were already holding 2 separate free night Cat 1-4 certs for those 2 nights. Customer no-service. I'm happy I got what I was after, but that was so far (still not done) 1 hour and 20 min of my life to square this away.
if youre making a reservation for
someone else then its much easier just to ask Twitter to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.