Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Agreed, I sent my feedback to my Concierge. I'm not trying to fish for compensation, but I would like for the hotel's management and ownership to address these issues. The property has the hard things (room design, bed comfort, etc.) right - it's a shame that these "soft" issues detract from what should be another gem in Hyatt's portfolio. An unclean toilet is not acceptable at any level of hotel, let alone a Category 5 Hyatt.
Completely agree, this reminded me that housekeeping walked in on my while I was changing and I had my do not disturb sign on, made for a weird second of eye contact but nothing ultimately worth complaining about (to me as a male with briefs on already).
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Because of the 30,000 points on 10 nights in Nov and Dec, plus a desire to hit 60 nights, I was looking around the Delaware Valley area for a cheap place to do a mattress run, or some combination of mattress run and staycation. I was expecting something of the HP or HH variety in King of Prussia or South Jersey. To my surprise, this place had some HP-like room prices. Given a lot of the experiences above, I had not been planning on staying here, but when the price is low ....

And what a treat. I thought that the place was great. At check-in I was told that we had been upgraded to a top-floor King, or some-such. I asked politely whether there might not be some sort of Suite available, and was told politely that they would check. Then I was told politely that they had one available. I politely thanked them and took it. I mean, it was a junior suite -- sort of the style I associate with the Andaz San Diego, but it proved just fine. It was at the end of a hallway, and while the view was nothing in particular, the noise level was low. Just having the separate living area was useful since the mattress run turned into a staycation, and it was nice to have our in-town son be able to come up to the room.

Also to join us for breakfast. It was essentially $50 a day. That was fine on the weekend, when a reasonable-enough breakfast could be ordered. A couple of days there was a grab-and-go, and you could certainly grab enough stuff at that price to hold you through the day. I was never quite sure how tipping was handled. I always put something on the bill I signed, and I am inferring -- from the very slight overages a couple of days -- that there must have been some fixed tip amount and that if my tip were above it, and I was over $50, I was responsible for something like that. I'm talking less than a dollar a day extra across the stay, so I didn't investigate any further at checkout. Main thing is that they mostly scrubbed everything up to $50 (and maybe more with their fixed tip), and didn't much care who ate or how. My kind of place. The last day (non-weekend) they seemed to be transitioning to something where they brought the egg or whatever dishes up to your room and left them at the door. Okay, it's not fine dining, but ... Covid ... and, anyhow, or because of that -- it's not like you could walk over to the Bellevue and have the better breakfasts in the infinitely more elegant rotunda there. Nor can you use the Sporting Club (at the Bellevue) these days, either, and I found the Centric gym to be just fine: spacious, new equipment... and empty.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:06 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Because of the 30,000 points on 10 nights in Nov and Dec, plus a desire to hit 60 nights, I was looking around the Delaware Valley area for a cheap place to do a mattress run, or some combination of mattress run and staycation. I was expecting something of the HP or HH variety in King of Prussia or South Jersey.
Wow, you did WAY better than any of the KOP/S. Jersey hotels - those HPs/HHs are bleak. What sort of rate did you find at Centric?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by hp12c
Wow, you did WAY better than any of the KOP/S. Jersey hotels - those HPs/HHs are bleak. What sort of rate did you find at Centric?
$123, which made it $144ai (i.e., with taxes). At 40 nights I had opted for the $100 GC instead of the 5K points that a lot of people seem to recommend taking instead. Seemed useful here: The GC basically paid the taxes.
hp12c likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I have to say how nice this hotel was to me to let me out of my stay after my family member passed away @ 93 years of age that I was going to visit
Will be back for her Celebration of Life party as well as other family holidays and stay with them for sure to repay their kindness.
Even before this act of kindness I was impressed how they cared about making for a solid stay on my last visit.
macguitar likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any reports on Globalist breakfast now that the restaurant appears to be open daily?
Old May 5, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
We stayed here at the end of March as Globalists and dined in the restaurant. Service and food was good, but slow. I don't remember if they had a price cap, but our family of three ate without any additional charge. Given the time it took though, we ordered for pickup the following day and brought it back to our room. Overall I found the Hyatt Centric to be fine, but would likely pick a different hotel for a future stay. We had booked a "suite" as we were traveling with our toddler, but between the low-floor room and lack of housekeeping (even after requesting it), were a bit disappointed in our experience.
relidtm likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:28 am

Does this hotel have parking that can be charged to the room? I.e. do globalists park for free on awards?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Does this hotel have parking that can be charged to the room? I.e. do globalists park for free on awards?
Yes, there is free valet parking on awards.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
Yes, there is free valet parking on awards.
thank you
hp12c likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pickles1107
thank you
Be warned that the valet seems to have a habit of damaging cars. I posted about my own experience a while back, but I have gotten DMs from other flyertalk users asking for help getting reimbursement after they experienced the same. Bottom line, I'd take some pics when you drop off your car, and inspect it when you pick it up.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
I’ve stayed here a couple of times over the last month and enjoy the property.

Globalists receive breakfast in the restaurant, “Patch Work”, and we were advised of a $25 per person, per day allowance for breakfast.

Pre-upgraded from base room King to “City View King” day of arrival on the first stay. Inquired about a suite via text which was granted.

Second stay booked and received base room King - property was sold out.

All in all, a good choice in Center City Philly.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
2 nights

Wrapped up a decent stay for 2 nights. Paid rate for basic King.

1. Reached out to the hotel ahead that we will be arriving very early around 8am, they were able to accommodate for early check in. Due to a busy weekend, we were assigned a King Deluxe room first when we arrived then later upgraded to a high floor Corner Suite in the afternoon. Really appreciate the gesture for very early check in as it was a life saver, we were able to rest a bit and shower coming from a west coast red eye flight. Proactively offered late checkout but we declined.
2. Our corner suite was tastefully decorated, with everything from art pieces to furniture that hit my liking. The bed was very comfortable as well. Living room area was a bit small but overall enough space for the two of us. Each floor only has one corner suite.
3. Breakfast is in the hotel restaurant next to the lobby, Globalists gets $25 per person which was communicated during check in, it is quite enough as the prices on the menu is reasonable. We went a bit over one day and the charge was taken care of during check out. However, the food quality was just subpar. Omelette was a bit stiff and the juices were obviously from wholesale bottle, the chai latte was surprising good though.
4. There is a spacious gym on the 3rd floor and decently equipped.
5. Got a bottle of red wine as welcome amenity to celebrate our honeymoon. A written welcome note as well.
6. Staffs were all helpful and polite, requests items were delivered to room promptly. We decline room cleaning since we were only staying for couple nights so cannot comment on it.
7. One service fail was an obviously used towel folded among the other towels after we checked in, dirty and with human hairs all over. Quite disgusting but I’m willing to believe it was an oversight by the cleaning staff. Another issue was the AC/heater was too loud for such a new hotel, I learned to get used to it but my wife didn’t sleep well due to the noise.

Overall, a good stay and we would return. Hotel honors Globalists benefits and took care of our requests.

Warriorconcept likes this.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Dec 21, 2022 at 6:22 am
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Does this hotel have US federal rate at all? Surprisingly I saw Canadian fed rate, and then Govt/miltary offiical business rate. Normally we are allowed to take the govt rate (fed employee here) for leisure travel no problem, but the rate description on their site reads very hardass about the having to be “official business".
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here this weekend and asked about globalist breakfast when seated. Server said you can order anything off menu so wife and I did. Checked out on mobile and saw $20 charge, forwarded to concierge to hopefully resolve.

Edit: Update, concierge contacted property and is getting me refunded for the beverage charges (OJ for me, hot chocolate for wife) which zeroes out my folio. Honestly I think they've charged me for this in the past too so I'll have to be vigilant moving forward. That being said, the breakfast has improved a lot in my opinion. The eggs benedict was super flavorful and the waffles had a great texture (as opposed to in previous stays).

Last edited by Warriorconcept; Sep 18, 2023 at 8:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.