Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency West Hanoi (LEAVING Hyatt 29 Feb 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:21 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Just came across this new listing on Hyatt’s directory - the first Hyatt property in Hanoi! I remember press from a few years ago about a Park Hyatt Hanoi, but I don’t know if it’s still happening or failed to materialize. In any case, Hyatt Regency West Hanoi will soon be an option and accessible at this link.

The hotel is a renovation and rebranding of the Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, and will have 519 rooms including 114 suites and 120 long-stay residences.

khabah
Pocatello likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:05 am

Park Hyatt Hanoi is a mess of political and power tripping. Initially, that plot was registered by the investor as office tower because that made it easier to switch ownership from state-owned to private. They plan to change the land usage purpose to hotel AFTER public pronouncement of the Park Hyatt project, the signing ceremony with Hyatt and commencing building. But they were power tripped, couldn't change the land usage purpose and now that building is an office tower as registered in the beginning.

Hyatt also has at least 02 other projects that failed to go through in Hanoi:

- Hyatt Regency Giang Vo: on the shore of Giang Vo lake and next to a planned International Convention Center smack in the center of Hanoi

- Grand Hyatt VietinBank: within the headquarter towers of VietinBank, one of the largest banks in Vietnam. That tower complex is currently on hold and no-one mentions Hyatt anymore

craigthemif likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:12 am

Back to this Hyatt Regency, it's in a new development area, right next to National Stadium, quite close to National Convention Center but far from every tourist spot in Hanoi.

Here's the exterior, you can see a glimpse of My Dinh National Stadium on the left:
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:55 am
Suspended

i stayed 1 night at what was The New IC Landmark (there was an on going IHG promo I wanted to finish off) I thought that was far from The Old City central tourist area, now I see this hotel is even further away. No Thx! Maybe if I was in town for biz and I had to be out that way, otherwise I want by The Old City. Which is why I also KOed the JWMarriott as well
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Now open as of October 21st, 2020. Category 1.

khabah

Hyatt Regency West Hanoi Opens in Vietnam

The newly renovated hotel marks Hyatt’s debut in the Vietnamese capital, offering a peaceful urban oasis for business and leisure guests

CHICAGO (October 21, 2020)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of Hyatt Regency West Hanoi, the first Hyatt hotel in Hanoi and the third Hyatt hotel in Vietnam. Located in Nam Tu Liem district, Hanoi’s new business district near major sporting and convention venues, Hyatt Regency West Hanoi offers 519 modern guestrooms where business travelers and leisure guests can enjoy seamless and relaxing experiences. Hyatt Regency West Hanoi, which has been rebranded from an existing hotel, has undergone an extensive renovation throughout all guestrooms, public areas, event and meeting spaces, and culinary venues, as well as a redesign of its tranquil landscaped garden.

“We are thrilled and grateful to be debuting the very first Hyatt hotel in the capital city of Vietnam alongside ownership company Tran Hong Quan Trading Co Ltd,” said Louis Low, general manager, Hyatt Regency West Hanoi. “Conveniently located in a bustling business district, the hotel’s tranquil ambiance and modern accommodations, dynamic dining venues and elevated event spaces help ensure guests have a relaxing time when visiting Hyatt Regency West Hanoi.”

Convenient Location

Hyatt Regency West Hanoi is situated a few minutes by car from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Convention Center, and various business districts home to global companies, making the property a convenient base for corporate guests. Also located directly next to My Dinh National Stadium and near the Formula One Grand Prix race track, the hotel is an ideal choice for visitors attending major sporting events in Hanoi. In addition, a soon-to-be-completed road will lead directly from the hotel to Ring Road 3, which will provide guests with easy access to the highway and make it easier to visit popular locations in northern Vietnam such as Sapa, Ninh Binh and Ha Long Bay.

Refreshed Guestrooms

Spanning two towers, the hotel offers guests a bright, stylish urban retreat with 519 guestrooms, including 114 spacious suites and 129 long-stay rooms with kitchenettes and washing machines. The refreshed interiors feature a contemporary palette with natural wood and marble accents, coupled with modern facilities and floor-to-ceiling windows that allow in natural light and impressive views.

Vibrant F&B Venues

For guests looking to unwind after a busy day, the sky bar beckons with its relaxed atmosphere and spacious outdoor terrace, where guests can enjoy signature cocktails and panoramic city views. The hotel’s main restaurant, Market Café, offers a vibrant dining experience with its lively open kitchens showcasing different types of local and international cuisine, from fresh seafood to Vietnamese fare. The expansive hotel lounge offers a relaxing spot for guests to connect and socialize.

Modern Meeting and Wellbeing Facilities

Featuring 4,740 square feet (823 square meters) of meeting and event space, including a spacious ballroom and several multifunctional meeting rooms, Hyatt Regency West Hanoi is also a premier venue for meetings, conferences, weddings and events, all accompanied by assistance from event planners delivering seamless and intuitive service. Additionally, an outdoor swimming pool, 24-hour fitness center and luxurious spa provide ample options for guests to relax and re-energize during their stay.

Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.

For more information, please visit: hyattregencywesthanoi.com

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and / or one or more of its affiliates.

For further information:

About Hyatt Regency

The Hyatt Regency brand prides itself on making travel free from stress and filled with success. More than 200 conveniently located Hyatt Regency urban and resort locations in more than 30 countries around the world serve as the go-to gathering space for every occasion – from efficient personalized, high-touch business meetings to energizing family vacations. The brand offers stress-free environments for seamless gatherings and empathetic service that anticipates guests’ needs. Designed for productivity and peace of mind, Hyatt Regency hotels and resorts offer a full range of services and amenities, including the space to work, engage or relax; notable culinary experiences; technology-enabled ways to collaborate; and expert meeting and event planners who can take care of every detail. For more information, please visit hyattregency.com. Follow @HyattRegency on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and tag photos with #HyattRegency.

About Hyatt Hotels Corporation

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company offering 21 premier brands. As of June 30, 2020, the Company's portfolio included more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 65 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top employees, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, Joie de Vivre®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, tommie™, UrCove, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.

Source: https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124010
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Has anyone stayed here?

I had a wonderful stay at the J.W. Marriott in Hanoi. It is a bit of a drive to the old town. I survived a monsoon at this hotel.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Just stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent hotel, but location is not ideal. Globalist was not acknowledged by name but room was auto upgraded. I didn’t get the name of the room, but it was massive- foyer, full living room, extra large king room, massive bathroom with soaker tub. A nice handwritten card sitting on the living room table along with a plate of fresh (uncut) fruit and a plate of desserts.

Breakfast as far as I can tell is free for everyone and is your typical Asian high end breakfast buffet- both Asian and western options. Excellent service all around, and all managers speak very good English. Fitness area was undergoing renovation I assume (it was closed off on the 4th floor). The replacement was an odd collection of cardio and weight benches spread out among 3 standard hotel rooms on the 24th floor. Extremely odd setup but functional.

I didn’t try the Exec Lounge on 24th floor, but looked nice from outside. They require “smart casual” attire, and I just didn’t have the interest to put on clothes after a long day of work. Enforced at the door with a staffer sitting at the desk. (I tried to go initially after my workout since same floor). Open 10-10 with food options.

They seem quite flexible as well- my departure flight was 11pm, so the front desk and I worked out a nominal fee to extend checkout from 4pm to 8pm.

But for the location, I would definitely stay again.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jj243
Just stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent hotel, but location is not ideal. Globalist was not acknowledged by name but room was auto upgraded. I didn’t get the name of the room, but it was massive- foyer, full living room, extra large king room, massive bathroom with soaker tub. A nice handwritten card sitting on the living room table along with a plate of fresh (uncut) fruit and a plate of desserts.

Breakfast as far as I can tell is free for everyone and is your typical Asian high end breakfast buffet- both Asian and western options. Excellent service all around, and all managers speak very good English. Fitness area was undergoing renovation I assume (it was closed off on the 4th floor). The replacement was an odd collection of cardio and weight benches spread out among 3 standard hotel rooms on the 24th floor. Extremely odd setup but functional.

I didn’t try the Exec Lounge on 24th floor, but looked nice from outside. They require “smart casual” attire, and I just didn’t have the interest to put on clothes after a long day of work. Enforced at the door with a staffer sitting at the desk. (I tried to go initially after my workout since same floor). Open 10-10 with food options.

They seem quite flexible as well- my departure flight was 11pm, so the front desk and I worked out a nominal fee to extend checkout from 4pm to 8pm.

Why is the location not ideal?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:27 am

Will spend some time here in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me what’s the avg taxi price to and from old town?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Why is the location not ideal?
Very far from any place of interest in town, unless you come for football matches at My Dinh National Stadium (which is few and far between).
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Very far from any place of interest in town, unless you come for football matches at My Dinh National Stadium (which is few and far between).
How far is it from the old town? Are there better Hyatt, Hilton, or Marriott options then?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
How far is it from the old town? Are there better Hyatt, Hilton, or Marriott options then?
More than 10kms (6-7 miles). While it may seem not that far, the traffic sucks and it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour for you to get to the Old Town.

Hyatt only have that HR in Hanoi.

Hilton is right next door to the Opera House and a HGI somewhere quite near.

Marriott has a JW (it's not really close to the HR but about the same distance to Old Town, may take less time to travel via the highway) and 1-2 Sheraton on the West Lake (still not very close to Old Town, walking is not recommended but its' a much shorter taxi ride).

IHG has 2 InterContinental (1 on the West Lake, 1 near the JW) and 1-2 Crowne Plaza (the HR itself was a Crowne Plaza).

Your best bet would be Accor with the Sofitel Legend and MGallery right in the city center and a Pullman at a manageable distance.

Other options include Melia, a gold-plated Dolce by Wyndham if you want something bling, or the marvelous Capella with an eye-watering price to match.

But to be honest, I would go to any local boutique hotel that look nice and has good reviews. They would be much cheaper, with free breakfast, some might even have a gym and a small swimming pool (which is the only clear advantage of large chain hotels). Restaurants, spas, and laundry are galore nearby.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
More than 10kms (6-7 miles). While it may seem not that far, the traffic sucks and it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour for you to get to the Old Town.

Hyatt only have that HR in Hanoi.

Hilton is right next door to the Opera House and a HGI somewhere quite near.

Marriott has a JW (it's not really close to the HR but about the same distance to Old Town, may take less time to travel via the highway) and 1-2 Sheraton on the West Lake (still not very close to Old Town, walking is not recommended but its' a much shorter taxi ride).

IHG has 2 InterContinental (1 on the West Lake, 1 near the JW) and 1-2 Crowne Plaza (the HR itself was a Crowne Plaza).

Your best bet would be Accor with the Sofitel Legend and MGallery right in the city center and a Pullman at a manageable distance.

Other options include Melia, a gold-plated Dolce by Wyndham if you want something bling, or the marvelous Capella with an eye-watering price to match.

But to be honest, I would go to any local boutique hotel that look nice and has good reviews. They would be much cheaper, with free breakfast, some might even have a gym and a small swimming pool (which is the only clear advantage of large chain hotels). Restaurants, spas, and laundry are galore nearby.
I can't really afford to stay somewhere different when I have to requalify for status. So it seems like Hilton is my best bet.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:52 am

Due to the distance from tourist activities and mediocre reviews, came in with low expectations during a recent stay but my expectations were greatly surpassed. As a globalist, got upgraded to a Standard Suite and full breakfast with lounge access was on offer.

The breakfast was in the main restaurant which was an incredible value for the rate I paid and the Regency Club staff were incredibly helpful and on point.

There is a bunch of food/nightlife within walking distance of the hotel but would recommend a Grab/taxi instead because the streets just outside are high traffic.
Old May 8, 2023, 10:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jj243

do you remember what you paid to extend 8pm? Similar situation here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.