Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Strange update so my 4 Night stay with Triple Points received double credit. It posted to my WOH account twice, I looked at my point balance and it’s been double credited along with it showing twice in Past Activity. Anyone else experience this? CIT85

did your nights double as well?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
did your nights double as well?
Nights didn’t double, but points did. Now looking in past activity the double stay isn’t showing but the points from both are there. (I have 2,892 more points than a few days ago as opposed to only 1,446). Maybe they’ll stay maybe it’s just the system working it out. Just thought I’d post as a DP.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
A lot of properties through Hyatt Prive’ are offering a 3rd Night Free with it being repeatable. Meaning Buy 20 Get 10 Nights Free and yes that would actually work. The downside to that is you’d receive 40 Night Credits total rather than 60 as the Free Nights don’t get credit I’ve tried.

Otherwise you could book a cheap Cat 1 I’ve seen rates at $50-$60 a night and others here have said if you book 30 days they take off the taxes.
Oh? I thought even the free night will count. Was your experience an exception or the norm?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Oh? I thought even the free night will count. Was your experience an exception or the norm?
So the Free Nights do not count and that’s the norm.

All my bills have said -

Night 1 - $290
Night 2 - $290
Night 3 - $0

I’ve had multiple Stay 2 Get the 3rd Night Free (4 stays since June all at different properties) and all have no awarded an EQN for the 3rd Night. On the folio as well it’ll only say 2 Eligible Nights.

For example on this stay we stayed 4 Nights with the 3rd Night Free Offer, the dates show a 4 Night Stay, but only 3 Elite Night Credits Earned.

So definitely plan your trips based on this information. It made it worse too because one property didn’t have Breakfast so they offered 500 points per night, except the system only recognized 2 nights so only 1,000 points were credited under “Breakfast Recovery Bonus”, despite actually staying 3 Nights.

Weigh your options if you find a rate close to what you’d be paying with the 3rd or 4th Night free offer (AAA, Best Rate Guarantee, Etc.) it may be better to pay a few extra bucks for those 2 extra EQN.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Hotels are actually very open to this - called a hotel and mentioned that I want to get 30 nights from your hotel and you just charge to my CC and then put xxx as an invoicing address. Immediately accepted. :-)
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
However, there's also a pay 3 get the 4th night free promo. I can't do that for an entire month to get every 4th night free. I'm trying to figure bout if there is a way to optimize this?
Is there an official Hyatt website or a link to this "pay 3 get 4th night free" promo?

Thank you!
lsquare and Matt4200 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
”9. I have a stay with a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins, but a checkout date during the Promotion Period. Will I earn Bonus Points and Bonus Nights for all these nights during the Promotion Period?

Yes, if your first stay begins prior to the Promotion Period but has a checkout date within the Promotion Period, then you can earn Bonus Points on eligible spend and bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credit for that stay, provided you register for the promotion prior to both the registration deadline and checking out of the property on your first stay.”
I'm glad I called Hyatt Concierge morning of 10/1 to register for promotion before check out (Hyatt Concierge was not aware of the promotion so I had to wait 15 minutes while she checked with her supervisor), since online registering was not open
Strange update so my 4 Night stay with Triple Points received double credit. It posted to my WOH account twice, I looked at my point balance and it’s been double credited along with it showing twice in Past Activity. Anyone else experience this? CIT85
The stay posted twice since last night, but so did an award redemption I made last night, although the total nights are the same and total points did not seem to change either. I fully expect the system to catch up and wipe out the duplicate postings.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tommys888
Hotels are actually very open to this - called a hotel and mentioned that I want to get 30 nights from your hotel and you just charge to my CC and then put xxx as an invoicing address. Immediately accepted. :-)
how much did you pay per night
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I figured that the way I phrased my statement might not be exactly correct - I still have to book a stay, physically appear in the hotel during the stay and pay the eligible rates. It is not that I have to be there (in hotel) for 30 nights!

I apologize if I did not make this clear in my first statement and caused confusion.

Last edited by Tommys888; Oct 3, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:04 pm

Can the BRG apply on same day? Example. Can I book for same day of arrival and BRG it or is it too much risk?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Do the math

I figured that the way I phrased my statement might not be exactly correct - I still have to book a stay, physically appear in the hotel during the stay and pay the eligible rates. It is not that I have to be there (in hotel) for 30 nights!

I apologize if I did not make this clear in my first statement and caused confusion.
Based on this thread and many other travel blogger sites, it appears that there is a fair amount of people booking 30 day stays (checking out after 1/1/21) to get 60 days for globalist. I have seen several people spending $2k to $3k just to take advantage of this opportunity. While it is definitely a valuable short cut to get Globalist through early 2023, just make sure that you do the math to make sure that the value may be there for you in your situation.

Personally, I think that club lounges may not be open at the same levels anytime soon and even next year, travel restrictions may still be in place so it will depend on where you are located and the properties in your proximity (i.e., country), and there will be a lot more globalists (competition to use the 4 suite upgrades and normal upgrades may be even harder to use in 2021 and possibly 2022).

So, it is more of a 2022 play and hope of normalcy in travel by then....
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Is there an official Hyatt website or a link to this "pay 3 get 4th night free" promo?

Thank you!
It's specific to this particular property and I'm not suggesting that it's a company wide sale.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:42 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
It's specific to this particular property and I'm not suggesting that it's a company wide sale.
Found it for my particular hotel under "Offers" but I'm in it for the status until 2023, and this one is valid through 11/30/20

Third Night Free!

Stay 3 Nights and the third night is free. Self-parking and Wi-Fi are included!

Offer is valid through 11/30/2020 and is available Monday – Thursday only.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Based on this thread and many other travel blogger sites, it appears that there is a fair amount of people booking 30 day stays (checking out after 1/1/21) to get 60 days for globalist. I have seen several people spending $2k to $3k just to take advantage of this opportunity. While it is definitely a valuable short cut to get Globalist through early 2023, just make sure that you do the math to make sure that the value may be there for you in your situation.

Personally, I think that club lounges may not be open at the same levels anytime soon and even next year, travel restrictions may still be in place so it will depend on where you are located and the properties in your proximity (i.e., country), and there will be a lot more globalists (competition to use the 4 suite upgrades and normal upgrades may be even harder to use in 2021 and possibly 2022).

So, it is more of a 2022 play and hope of normalcy in travel by then....
Lounges are open again here and travel within national borders is almost indistinguishable from normal so it's a good value proposition for me. I'm not doing a crossover stay, but with the promotional bonus nights and credit card nights (both annual and spend-based) posting in 2021 I'll be at 51 by the end of next January, with a full suite of Milestone Rewards for 2020 when I hit 60 in December. Very good shape for Globalist in 2021 and excellent return for money, as one week in Q4 is at an inexpensive resort for quadruple points and the long stay is at a property with a 500 points/night new hotel offer.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:03 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
with this promo and apparently many aiming to get Globalist status with only 30 nights... it seems to be clear that there will be no status extensions as in this year... unlike some airlines who already announced to extend another year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.