FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:02 pm
CrashDavis

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Do the math

Originally Posted by Tommys888
I figured that the way I phrased my statement might not be exactly correct - I still have to book a stay, physically appear in the hotel during the stay and pay the eligible rates. It is not that I have to be there (in hotel) for 30 nights!

I apologize if I did not make this clear in my first statement and caused confusion.
Based on this thread and many other travel blogger sites, it appears that there is a fair amount of people booking 30 day stays (checking out after 1/1/21) to get 60 days for globalist. I have seen several people spending $2k to $3k just to take advantage of this opportunity. While it is definitely a valuable short cut to get Globalist through early 2023, just make sure that you do the math to make sure that the value may be there for you in your situation.

Personally, I think that club lounges may not be open at the same levels anytime soon and even next year, travel restrictions may still be in place so it will depend on where you are located and the properties in your proximity (i.e., country), and there will be a lot more globalists (competition to use the 4 suite upgrades and normal upgrades may be even harder to use in 2021 and possibly 2022).

So, it is more of a 2022 play and hope of normalcy in travel by then....