Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Understandable...however, most promos (hotel/airlines) are aimed to attract new customers (or encourage add'l spending) not reward existing loyal customers.
They still need something to replace the lounge passes.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
So what's the best play here for those who are Globalist 'til Feb 2022?
A stay that overlaps into 2021
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I'm not so sure about that. I got 25% of my points back for a 6 night say with a check out on July 8th which was the first day of the points back promotion. My entire stay was outside of the promotion but because I checked out on the day it started I got 25% of my points back.
Except the promo won’t let you register until 10/1 while others usually allow it 2 weeks to a month ahead.

[QUOTE=escape4;32697885]Well one difference might be that this time, the registration will only open on day 1 of the promo, not several days ahead of time. So someone with check-in late September would not be signed up at the time of check-in, therefore possibly no triple points despite the check-out date being in October?[/QUOTE

I asked this directly to Hyatt Concierge who stated stays before 10/1 but checking out after 10/1 won’t receive the bonus.]

I find it funny reading some of these bloggers giving advice on how to game this promotion which is already outstanding to begin with! Its being set up so people will do mattress runs in December then if they don't get the double nights in 2021 they'll complian. I can almost guarantee that the Hyatt executives who set this promotion up had no intention of giving people double nights in 2021 if you gamed the check out properly in 2020........What's the old saying "give someone an inch and they'll try and take a mile."

I guess to some people the extra points and rollover nights are not enough.......
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
My only issue with this promo is Hyatt does nothing to reward globalists who earned them this year. I already have 100 stays going into the winter. This promo does nothing for me with respect to elite status unless I could mattress run for 2021. If If I had known about this then I would have stayed at Marriott for summer/fall and then Hyatt for winter. If they expand the milestones above 100 nights then I would happily give them money. Until then I'll keep looking for opportunity to mattress run the fewest possible nights to get globalist again next year.
For me I’ve requalified for Globalist and it’s still enticing to me. It’s not not about how much you can game the system or how many loyalty points you’re getting, it’s what benefits are being offered as a Globalist vs. whatever status with another hotel you hold, hotel prices compared, and which is the better property. Hyatt always wins for me. I’ll be hitting 110 this year with all the amazing offers Hyatt has put out no complaints here.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:40 am

My only issue with this promo is Hyatt does nothing to reward globalists who earned them this year. I already have 100 stays going into the winter. This promo does nothing for me with respect to elite status unless I could mattress run for 2021. If If I had known about this then I would have stayed at Marriott for summer/fall and then Hyatt for winter. If they expand the milestones above 100 nights then I would happily give them money. Until then I'll keep looking for opportunity to mattress run the fewest possible nights to get globalist again next year.
I think you are looking at this wrong. The hotel industry in general still has very low occupancy rates, Hyatt is trying to get back up and running and this promotion is being done to reward spending. Other than suite upgrades everyone will essentially have Globalist type benefits for this quarter.

In any event, looking at the bright side, booking past 100 nights still gives you the rollover nights for 2021 making Globalist status much easier to hit next year. That's on top of triple/quadruple points and/or 25% of your points back. That is an outstanding deal even without the milestone bonuses no longer available past 100 nights. I'll end up with 120 nights or so this year and will still continue to book with Hyatt past 100 nights because of the rollover nights for 2021 and the outsized point bonuses. From the promotional bonuses alone i'll end up with 160k more points than what I normally would have gotten. For me that's 5 free nights at a tier 7 hotel that I'd use during Christmas break or President's week.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:47 am

"Well one difference might be that this time, the registration will only open on day 1 of the promo, not several days ahead of time. So someone with check-in late September would not be signed up at the time of check-in, therefore possibly no triple points despite the check-out date being in October?"

"I asked this directly to Hyatt Concierge who stated stays before 10/1 but checking out after 10/1 won’t receive the bonus."

The 25% points back promtion had a July 8th registration, if you registered for that already then your good though Jan 4th. In any event maybe I just got lucky getting my points back then.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Sep 24, 2020 at 11:55 am
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:55 am

I think you are looking at this wrong. The hotel industry in general still has very low occupancy rates, Hyatt is trying to get back up and running and this promotion is being done to reward spending. Other than suite upgrades everyone will essentially have Globalist type benefits for this quarter.

In any event, looking at the bright side, booking past 100 nights still gives you the rollover nights for 2021 making Globalist status much easier to hit next year. That's on top of triple/quadruple points and/or 25% of your points back. That is an outstanding deal even without the milestone bonuses no longer available past 100 nights. I'll end up with 120 nights or so this year and will still continue to book with Hyatt past 100 nights because of the rollover nights for 2021 and the outsized point bonuses. From the promotional bonuses alone i'll end up with 160k more points than what I normally would have gotten. For me that's 5 free nights at a tier 7 hotel that I'd use during Christmas break or President's week.
I'm not opposed to spending at Hyatt. I was going to spend 2.5k - 3k just to stay in a HP for most of December and early January. Now I won't be doing it if what WOH concierge states is true. Instead I will just spend 4 nights early 2021 to get my 8 night head start. With the 25% rebate its always been more cost effective for me to book point stay, taking into account taxes and all. So I will have a dozen or so nights in Oct and Nov past 100 that would be rolled over, but Hyatt definitely wont get any revenue stay from me. Now Marriott Titanium is a little behind Hyatt Globalist in terms of benefits, but between the bonus nights from last year status, cc bonus, and 2.5k per stay, that's where I will be spending my money for work stays to get Titanium.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:55 am

[QUOTE=Tonyr4;32698171][QUOTE=Matt4200;32698126]Except the promo won’t let you register until 10/1 while others usually allow it 2 weeks to a month ahead.

Originally Posted by escape4
Well one difference might be that this time, the registration will only open on day 1 of the promo, not several days ahead of time. So someone with check-in late September would not be signed up at the time of check-in, therefore possibly no triple points despite the check-out date being in October?[/QUOTE

I asked this directly to Hyatt Concierge who stated stays before 10/1 but checking out after 10/1 won’t receive the bonus.]

The 25% points back promtion had a July 8th registration, if you registered for that already then your good though Jan 4th. In any event maybe I just got lucky getting my points back then.
Yeah, I made it a points reservation because that offer was set to run through 10/8 Anyways rather than risk the 3x. I’ll definitely post back on what’s received though. I did 3 nights on points and 1 night on a cash rate, all under the same reservation with a 10/1 checkout.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:57 am

I'm not opposed to spending at Hyatt. I was going to spend 2.5k - 3k just to stay in a HP for most of December and early January. Now I won't be doing it if what WOH concierge states is true. Instead I will just spend 4 nights early 2021 to get my 8 night head start. With the 25% rebate its always been more cost effective for me to book point stay, taking into account taxes and all. So I will have a dozen or so nights in Oct and Nov past 100 that would be rolled over, but Hyatt definitely wont get any revenue stay from me. Now Marriott Titanium is a little behind Hyatt Globalist in terms of benefits, but between the bonus nights from last year status, cc bonus, and 2.5k per stay, that's where I will be spending my money for work stays to get Titanium.
If you stayed 12/1-12/31 you’d still be earning 30 Nights for 2021 with Triple Points, something not likely to be offered again until February (the 3x points).
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:11 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good Afternoon everyone!

I am sorry for the confusion but I wanted to let you all know as soon as I heard.

There was an update to the promotion internally and changed how it will will work with our system.

In my previous example I was using a stay from December 30th to January 2nd. With our system if you check out in 2021 all nights would post as 2021. This promotion will not split up the nights so you would get 6 qualified nights for 2021 and none for 2020.

Again, I am very sorry for the confusion. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Best Regards,
John
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good Afternoon everyone!

I am sorry for the confusion but I wanted to let you all know as soon as I heard.

There was an update to the promotion internally and changed how it will will work with our system.

In my previous example I was using a stay from December 30th to January 2nd. With our system if you check out in 2021 all nights would post as 2021. This promotion will not split up the nights so you would get 6 qualified nights for 2021 and none for 2020.

Again, I am very sorry for the confusion. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Best Regards,
John
This is the best news! Thank you for the clarification.
SPN Lifer and Kalboz like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:20 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Good Afternoon everyone!

John
And by extension, stay from 12/5/20 to 1/4/21 will get you 60 qualified nights for 2021 and none for 2020!

Took 3 days to reach an answer: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32690610-post48.html

Thank you John!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List (+Companion Pass), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Smile

Good Afternoon everyone!

Best Regards,
John
Best News Ever!
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
it will be Christmas and New Year in a Hyatt hotel then!
Kalboz and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:42 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’m not shaking my life on it but I’d make a hefty wager against it allowing double nights for such a situation.
Well if you made that bet you would now be a very poor man, but at least you would still be alive
Kalboz, Maui4me1 and maverick17 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Well if you made that bet you would now be a very poor man, but at least you would still be alive
The offer has yet to be posted publicly and Hyatt could still make changes to it. Nothing is guaranteed until it’s made officially public. I still disagree that you’ll receive double credits as was stated despite the fact that it would be beneficial for me.
Kalboz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.