Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:00 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Seems like the bug is fixed, the nights posed and I got the email confirming I qualified for Globalist.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:06 am

Has anyone received none of the bonus nights so far?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
What can be more fun than choosing five milestone awards within five minutes today?
Visconti and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by hedoman
What can be more fun than choosing five milestone awards within five minutes today?
Does that mean you can postpone free night selection for 90 days like you can the 5000pts/$100 gift card? I'm not certain they're going to extend them and I'd like to use them in September.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I've used a few over the years when staying at properties where friends, family or coworkers were also staying (under separate reservations). You can use the cert on their rooms to give them club access.

But other than that, they are pretty useless. Particularly useless for anyone who's bypassing Explorist and going straight to Globalist.
I did exactly this, once.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
Does that mean you can postpone free night selection for 90 days like you can the 5000pts/$100 gift card? I'm not certain they're going to extend them and I'd like to use them in September.
free nights at 30 and 60 are not selection items, it’s an automatic milestone gift. That is why I’m not too in a hurry for these to post.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
One of 21 expected.
The remaining 20 nights posted this morning.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by myperks
free nights at 30 and 60 are not selection items, it’s an automatic milestone gift. That is why I’m not too in a hurry for these to post.
I'm the same, and that's what I thought - it just didn't occur to me that someone would have 100 nights already, so I for a moment I hoped that all milestones were treated as selections.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:28 am

I've used a few over the years when staying at properties where friends, family or coworkers were also staying (under separate reservations). You can use the cert on their rooms to give them club access.

But other than that, they are pretty useless. Particularly useless for anyone who's bypassing Explorist and going straight to Globalist.
Couldn't they be used to upgrade to a club level room on a base stay? I know a few hotels have renovated club rooms which are nicer than the base rooms.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yojimbo1211
Couldn't they be used to upgrade to a club level room on a base stay? I know a few hotels have renovated club rooms which are nicer than the base rooms.
Technically, yes they can be used to upgrade your room in advance of check-in. But if the room is available at check-in you're already supposed to be guaranteed an upgrade to the best non-suite room available. And you're also guaranteed club access.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by myperks
Has anyone received none of the bonus nights so far?
None of the 20 I'm expecting.

Doesn't impact me at all right now, so not too concerned.
myperks likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:40 am

Hyatt has claimed that guests who stay 30 nights (doubling to 60 nights) are not eligible for MyHyatt Concierge. They cite the following terms:

21. Do Bonus Nights count toward Milestone Rewards? Yes, Bonus Nights earned will count toward earning elite status in 2021 and also toward earning Milestone Rewards in 2021. Bonus Nights do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify or other elite tier qualification offers.

They claim that "other elite tier qualification offers" pertain to the concierge benefit. Is it just me, or does this seem deceptive and misleading? Why would they award the Cat. 1-7 night and the two additional suite night awards at 60 nights, but not the concierge benefit?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
Hyatt has claimed that guests who stay 30 nights (doubling to 60 nights) are not eligible for MyHyatt Concierge. They cite the following terms:

21. Do Bonus Nights count toward Milestone Rewards? Yes, Bonus Nights earned will count toward earning elite status in 2021 and also toward earning Milestone Rewards in 2021. Bonus Nights do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify or other elite tier qualification offers.

They claim that "other elite tier qualification offers" pertain to the concierge benefit. Is it just me, or does this seem deceptive and misleading? Why would they award the Cat. 1-7 night and the two additional suite night awards at 60 nights, but not the concierge benefit?
That does seem odd.

I can see why they would want to limit the number of members that are eligible for concierge access... but this is a very opaque way of going about that if they're expecting people to know how many nights they have that were doubled vs. not.

Are you sure they didn't mean that guests who reach 30 nights (and get Globalist status) won't be eligible for the concierge benefit (which some people thought was a Globalist benefit rather than a 60 night milestone)?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:11 am

That does seem odd.

I can see why they would want to limit the number of members that are eligible for concierge access... but this is a very opaque way of going about that if they're expecting people to know how many nights they have that were doubled vs. not.

Are you sure they didn't mean that guests who reach 30 nights (and get Globalist status) won't be eligible for the concierge benefit (which some people thought was a Globalist benefit rather than a 60 night milestone)?
Yes, I was told in no uncertain terms that 60-night Globalists who are doubled from 30 will not be eligible for this benefit.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
Yes, I was told in no uncertain terms that 60-night Globalists who are doubled from 30 will not be eligible for this benefit.
If it makes you feel any better, there are quite a few examples (from the past) of people who stay 60+ nights, get globalist and never hear from any concierge.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.