Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Club Access Awards for closed lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Access Awards for closed lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
The Hyatt concierge through twitter told me the club for some hotels like La Jolla are closed through 2021. I called a couple of Hyatts in Socal and while their clubs are still closed, they said they're hopeful they'll be opening again soon since the reopening of CA situation. I know it's not really any new information but here's hoping we'll get to use those club access awards!
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:28 pm

I spoke with Hyatt CS regarding an upcoming stay at the HR Atlanta and according to the lady chatting with me, it would be unlikely for the hotel to know about opening its club lounge more than a few weeks ahead of time, since the situation is so fluid. There's no reason that this is anything more than a single person's opinion, so take that for what it's worth.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Seems harsh of Hyatt to expire club awards their loyalists have earned but have had no option to use. At minimum they could offer breakfast or drink coupons or something for folks who wish to use their expiring club awards in Hyatts with closed clubs. I already lost 8 club awards between spouse and myself last year.
JamieDee78 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
GH SFO GC is "open" when I was there early June. But there's only coffee machine, drinks and snacks, no breakfast or evening appetizers.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:16 pm

I was not able to use an award for a Hyatt Regency Seattle reservation. They said they are partially open and only allowing globalist in the club. It is strange that at the same time they are doing the Hyatt Globalist Status challenge. I canceled my reservation. No reason to stay at Hyatt when I have club access (if open) at Hilton and Marriott.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by jsmith3049
I was not able to use an award for a Hyatt Regency Seattle reservation. They said they are partially open and only allowing globalist in the club. It is strange that at the same time they are doing the Hyatt Globalist Status challenge. I canceled my reservation. No reason to stay at Hyatt when I have club access (if open) at Hilton and Marriott.
Do you know if RC access room came up as an option when booking?
If not, then I guess I can understand award not being able to be honored.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
This is the one thing I’ve been very annoyed by with Hyatt. These RC access Milestone awards will expire before anyone can use them. Between closed RCs and Hyatt limiting access, we haven’t been able to use any of our awards. And I understand why they are closed or limited. But if they aren’t going to extend the expiration for a time when the RCs are accessible, they should at least exchange for points or something.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
As an Explorist in 2020, I was unable to use any of my Club Access awards and continued to accumulate them in 2021 until I earned Globalist status. I now have 13 that I earned, was never able to use, and they are useless to me. I spoke to a Hyatt agent a couple of weeks ago while attempting to use a Confirmed Suite Upgrade award, and I explained my frustration with how earned awards will expire without ever having had any use for them. She checked with a supervisor who, according to the agent, said WoH was aware of the situation and was deciding how to deal with it. I am not sure what that means, but hopefully it means there will be an extension for Explorists and alternate award for Globalists.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
As an Explorist in 2020, I was unable to use any of my Club Access awards and continued to accumulate them in 2021 until I earned Globalist status. I now have 13 that I earned, was never able to use, and they are useless to me. I spoke to a Hyatt agent a couple of weeks ago while attempting to use a Confirmed Suite Upgrade award, and I explained my frustration with how earned awards will expire without ever having had any use for them. She checked with a supervisor who, according to the agent, said WoH was aware of the situation and was deciding how to deal with it. I am not sure what that means, but hopefully it means there will be an extension for Explorists and alternate award for Globalists.
Well that would be nice. Between spouse and myself, we have 8 due to expire Feb 2022. Have stayed in HRs with RCs but none were open so useless award.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
delete

Last edited by tex1721; Sep 29, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.