Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Club Access Awards for closed lounges

Old Aug 24, 2020, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite

I'm an Explorist with a few club access awards expiring next Feb. I haven't had any luck getting an extension on them, so I'm wondering how I'd use them if it seems like a lot of regency/grand clubs are closed. Has anyone had any experience in this? If I apply a club award to an upcoming stay, and the club is closed due to covid, will they substitute that for anything? I'm not sure what they would usually do in a closed lounge situation.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffchao1986
I'm an Explorist with a few club access awards expiring next Feb. I haven't had any luck getting an extension on them, so I'm wondering how I'd use them if it seems like a lot of regency/grand clubs are closed. Has anyone had any experience in this? If I apply a club award to an upcoming stay, and the club is closed due to covid, will they substitute that for anything? I'm not sure what they would usually do in a closed lounge situation.
You can definitely apply then Ive seen some properties offering Club Access Rooms for an additional cost or additional points redemption.

As far as what theyll do not entirely sure. Id think theyd provide a full breakfast for 2 Adults and 2 Children beyond that nothing if the lounge isnt open.

But again I definitely have seen Club Rooms being sold which explicitly implies Club Access meaning you would be able to apply them and receive whatever the hotel is giving in place of their Regency/Grand Club.

Not the best answer its possible Hyatt May do something as Clubs are 100% closed AFAIK.

To name two properties off the top of my head doing Club Access Rooms -

Hyatt Regency Dallas - Frisco

Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen

Also to note I have reached out asking what their use would be with Club Lounges closed heres the response,

Thank you for reaching out! Given the quickly evolving nature of the situation, it is simply too early to suggest revised the award expiration beyond the current date. However, if there's any change to be made, please rest assure that we will communicate this to you.

Seems pretty generic.

Last edited by Matt4200; Aug 25, 2020 at 1:52 am
Old Aug 25, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Check the states where you may consider staying. States like CA where restaurants are closed for indoor dining, there will be no breakfast offered in the restaurants and therefore Club Access awards are useless. Even Globalist are only offered 500 points in lieu of breakfast. So hotel must have Regency Club and hotel restaurant must be open for indoor dining before you can possibly think of using Club Access award.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
Check the states where you may consider staying. States like CA where restaurants are closed for indoor dining, there will be no breakfast offered in the restaurants and therefore Club Access awards are useless. Even Globalist are only offered 500 points in lieu of breakfast. So hotel must have Regency Club and hotel restaurant must be open for indoor dining before you can possibly think of using Club Access award.
Untrue - Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego in lieu of Club Access is offering takeout Breakfast.

The restaurant doesnt need to be open for in person dining to be offered in place of Club Access it can be takeout.

People have posted that all over CA theyre dining outside or doing takeout for Globalist Breakfast, Prive Breakfast or Having a Breakfast Inclusive Rate.

Its a bad situation overall because Clubs are closed and there is no response from Hyatt addressing this issue.

My thought would be to offer some points for each one as they cant be used at 99% of properties that even had a Club Lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:24 pm

I have several upcoming stays in CA, HR Sonoma and Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf are only offering 500 points to Globalists in lieu of breakfast. HR SFO (RC closed) and HR Monterey are offering breakfast at Marketplace. So I guess it's back to the old saying, each hotel decides how to handle breakfast issue, and some are worse than others.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
I have several upcoming stays in CA, HR Sonoma and Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf are only offering 500 points to Globalists in lieu of breakfast. HR SFO (RC closed) and HR Monterey are offering breakfast at Marketplace. So I guess it's back to the old saying, each hotel decides how to handle breakfast issue, and some are worse than others.

Pretty much, also its 500 points per day rather than 500 per day. Some say theyll give points in place of Breakfast, but dont even do that (HR Valencia). Its such a small amount not even worth complaining about.

Again though if the Club Access Rooms are bookable you should be able to receive a full breakfast if the lounge is closed.

The best outcome would be to allow them to be traded in for points IMHO.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:44 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
From the T&Cs for Club Lounge Access Awards ...

"Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge."
MSPeconomist and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Pretty much, also its 500 points per day rather than 500 per day. Some say theyll give points in place of Breakfast, but dont even do that (HR Valencia). Its such a small amount not even worth complaining about.
The policy is 500 points per night. Even though it's small, you should contact Hyatt Concierge and get the all points you should have received. It's the principle and not let the bad apples get away with their obligations.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by skj
From the T&Cs for Club Lounge Access Awards ...

"Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge."
My interpretation is that you cannot use a Club Lounge Award at a property that does not actually have a Club Lounge to gain Breakfast instead. For example trying to apply a Club Access Award to a reservation at a Hyatt Centric.

Im fairly certain that at the few properties that are currently selling Club Rooms (two fo which I mentioned above) if the Club isnt actually open you would be given daily breakfast.

Again just my interpretation go ahead and try so you can report back.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:50 pm

It sounds like Hyatt won't let you redeem a Club Access Award if the Club is closed.

Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
It sounds like Hyatt won't let you redeem a Club Access Award if the Club is closed.

https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/s...29743079342080
Not true, HR Frisco has a Club Lounge which is not open but is accepting Club Access Awards.

For the other 95% of properties having them yeah they are not allowing Club Rooms to be booked if they Club Lounge is closed to simply get breakfast. However, if a Club Room is bookable and on arrival the lounge is closed youd get Breakfast.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Depends on the resort it seems. Dont know how long it will be like this. HR Huntington Beach says they wont even let us use the award. But HR Lake Tahoe said they'll provide breakfast.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:27 am

Depends on the resort it seems. Dont know how long it will be like this. HR Huntington Beach says they wont even let us use the award. But HR Lake Tahoe said they'll provide breakfast.
Thats really strange as I checked HR Lake Tahoe and they arent even selling Club Rooms so Im not exactly sure how theyd even have you apply a Club Access Award...
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:19 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
HR Lake Tahoe no longer has a Club lounge - we were told it was permanently closed even before COVID-19 shut everything down. It's very surprising they are still accepting these club access awards.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj
HR Lake Tahoe no longer has a Club lounge - we were told it was permanently closed even before COVID-19 shut everything down. It's very surprising they are still accepting these club access awards.
When I called the front desk they told me theyd provide breakfast. However when I asked it was more of a hypothetical question. So I dont know if theyd honor it if I actually tried to apply it to a booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.