Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

EQNs/points/benefits for nested/overlapping stays (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

I have a future stay at 2 different properties in the same city on the same date. Will I get stay credit for both or just one? I know if you have multiple rooms at the same property for the same nights you only get stay credit for 1 rooms.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have a future stay at 2 different properties in the same city on the same date. Will I get stay credit for both or just one? I know if you have multiple rooms at the same property for the same nights you only get stay credit for 1 rooms.

My personal experience is no, you will only get credit for one room. UNLESS its Vegas, I have gotten stay credit for a Hyatt and a MGM property on the same night.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I would say no, because you could book a room for yourself then a room for the wife and kids across the street (I know several Hyatt’s have another Hyatt Brand across the street sometimes in the same parking lot). Then you could game the system so to speak.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I would say no, because you could book a room for yourself then a room for the wife and kids across the street (I know several Hyatt’s have another Hyatt Brand across the street sometimes in the same parking lot). Then you could game the system so to speak.
You "would" say no?

The answer is a firm no. You cannot earn more than one elite night credit per calendar day. Unless there's a glitch, but those are very rare and you always run the risk of it being audited away...
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I will let all know what happens after my stay in June... unless COV-19 stops us
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You "would" say no?

The answer is a firm no. You cannot earn more than one elite night credit per calendar day. Unless there's a glitch, but those are very rare and you always run the risk of it being audited away...
Correct. TOS say no, experience says no. If it happens (other than perhaps the Vegas/MGM quirks) you can't count on it sticking, just consider yourself lucky if it does.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Sorry to highjack this thread somewhat, but does Hyatt frown on you "staying" at two different properties using the same account? I have a month long stay (paid) coming up in the Fall at the London Heathrow HP and I'm thinking it might like to get away for a weekend during my stay there. I will probably stay at a Hyatt somewhere in Europe for a couple of nights during this time (maybe a paid stay, maybe points). I would rather just keep my room at Heathrow for a couple of nights than checking out and back in again after a couple of days--for a month long stay I will be settling in. I don't expect to get a stay credit for the 2nd hotel, but am just wondering if I would be running afoul of Hyatt's terms of service. I wouldn't want them assuming that I was fraudulently booking a hotel for someone else who would also be using my Globaliyst benefits.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gspurr
Sorry to highjack this thread somewhat, but does Hyatt frown on you "staying" at two different properties using the same account? I have a month long stay (paid) coming up in the Fall at the London Heathrow HP and I'm thinking it might like to get away for a weekend during my stay there. I will probably stay at a Hyatt somewhere in Europe for a couple of nights during this time (maybe a paid stay, maybe points). I would rather just keep my room at Heathrow for a couple of nights than checking out and back in again after a couple of days--for a month long stay I will be settling in. I don't expect to get a stay credit for the 2nd hotel, but am just wondering if I would be running afoul of Hyatt's terms of service. I wouldn't want them assuming that I was fraudulently booking a hotel for someone else who would also be using my Globaliyst benefits.
Not an issue. What you describe happens frequently.

However, many people just stay with a different chain, to pick up elite credit elsewhere instead of wasting it...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I will let all know what happens after my stay in June... unless COV-19 stops us
Based on my experience with Hyatt IT, you'll get night credit from whichever stay posts first, but not the stay that posts second.

Originally Posted by gspurr
There's nothing in the T&C's prohibiting this and as I've mentioned elsewhere on FT, I do it frequently. On occasion, I've even had my Glob concierge coordinate related arrangements with the hotels in question.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Marriott is no and I've been told no from front desk at Hyatts. I currently have a long booking at a Marriott and have stayed at Hyatts intentionally when traveling out for meetings in case there is an audit and I lose credit for the long stay.

I actually did this too last month when I was in a Hyatt semi long and booked a non Hyatt when traveling just in case.

I've been spending a lot on hotels recently
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Going elsewhere in the middle of a long stay is legitimate, as would be doing a day rate room elsewhere and a hotel night on the same day or even two nights in different locations where the international date line is involved.

Checking in or out at a very odd time can also cause the dates recorded for your stay to look funny.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Marriott is no and I've been told no from front desk at Hyatts. I currently have a long booking at a Marriott and have stayed at Hyatts intentionally when traveling out for meetings in case there is an audit and I lose credit for the long stay.

I actually did this too last month when I was in a Hyatt semi long and booked a non Hyatt when traveling just in case.

I've been spending a lot on hotels recently
You shouldn't lose credit either way. You just won't get additional credit in the same program for additional rooms booked on the same night.

As is well-documented here on FT, MR IT is atrocious - but I have done this under the new program, and it has sometimes credited correctly; when it hasn't, submitting a missing nights request does get it right.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:24 pm

i got qualifying nights for both my 1st room at Hyatt Carmel Highlands and my 2nd room at the co-located Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn for the same date. also got both brand explorer ticks.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You "would" say no?

I have had more than one elite night credit per calendar day and the hotels were in different countries. I did face some resistance in getting such stays credited to count toward my (then GP Diamond) status acquisition/retention, but they did post them for me after calling in. Nowadays, Hyatt's customer service for the loyalty program is a poor shadow of its former self, and Hyatt's willingness/ability to even fix errors of its own making (or that of its hotels) is not what it used to be, so I wouldn't count on Hyatt in the way I used to count on Hyatt.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:32 pm

a 1am Wednesday flight flight HND-LAX requires a Wed night hotel in Tokyo (for any sane traveler)

a 6pm Wednesday arrival into LA requires a Wed night hotel in LA

Hyatt is aware how time zones work and common hotel booking patterns for early AM flight arrivals - Hyatt wants the business on both ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.