Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Suzhou MASTER - REVIEW THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Suzhou MASTER - REVIEW THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Glad you enjoyed. It is my favorite property in the world aside from Singhita and some of the safari lodges. I'm over 100 nights now. If it were for PH Suzhou, I'm not sure I'd remain loyal to Hyatt.

It's not always easy to get a terrace suite here so I'm glad you got one. They are worth the price. Just pay for it. It's worth it.

I have introduced several people on flyertalk to mgt so folks csn message me privately, and I can try to help too.

I haven't been in 2 weeks so maybe I should go tomorrow😜

As for design, the owner is a renovation and design company so they put a ton of money into the hotel as a showcase to let clients know their capabilities. No expenses were spared.
hotelfanatic and goodgirl like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 12:25 am

Here now again. The spa has new owners. When I was here a few weeks ago, I got a great massage. Not cheap but good.

I'm getting one again in an hour - realized you can book via Dianping for 50% off. Fabulous deal because it just opened with new owners. Now the price is similar to regular spas elsewhere.

So book via Dianping. If you don't have you might be able to ask them to give you same discount. This will be the cheapest hotel massage I've ever had
Old May 28, 2024, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Any idea whether Globalist benefits apply to two rooms?

Debating between a 1-night stay at this place or the Alila Wuzhen
Old May 29, 2024, 12:23 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon eethan. Thank you for being a loyal Globalist. Your Globalist benefits apply only to the room that you occupy. We look forward to seeing you many more times in the future. Gale
Old Jun 3, 2024, 9:41 pm

Here again for a few days this week. At least through end of month they are running a program to get 20% off in living room and 10% off in xizhou hall. Hopefully promo will run longer.

Ask at check in for vouchers. I'm not sure if we are limited to one voucher or not.

Massage still running prokonvos Dianping too
Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Im currently booked to stay here in Mid June, and based on the photos from SHLTP, I could not be more excited. Im supposed to be staying in Shanghai for 2 nights, and then Ill spend 2 nights at the PH.

My only concern is leaving the PH. My flight leaves at 11:05 from PVG on KE, and Im wondering if Ill have enough time to get from Suzhou to PVG. I can switch Shanghai and Suzhou if need be since the PH is using an FNC (not the best value but theyre about to expire anyways). So is it relatively easy to get from the PH to PVG or is it going to be a pain? Were supposed to check out 6/20 which is a Thursday.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by vegasbased
Im currently booked to stay here in Mid June, and based on the photos from SHLTP, I could not be more excited. Im supposed to be staying in Shanghai for 2 nights, and then Ill spend 2 nights at the PH.

My only concern is leaving the PH. My flight leaves at 11:05 from PVG on KE, and Im wondering if Ill have enough time to get from Suzhou to PVG. I can switch Shanghai and Suzhou if need be since the PH is using an FNC (not the best value but theyre about to expire anyways). So is it relatively easy to get from the PH to PVG or is it going to be a pain? Were supposed to check out 6/20 which is a Thursday.
If no traffic, about 1 hr 45 mins to 2 hours by car. Heavy traffic 3 hours. Heavy traffic fairly rare - only during covid era and if you're hitting start/off work time.

There is no airport in Suzhou so people in the city leave from here direct to airport same day. That's common. I would drive/take taxi. You could probably leave 6-630 to be fine.

There's also a high speed trains from Suzhou to Shanghai that's about 30 minutes but then you'll need another 45 mins to hour to get to PVG. I think it's faster just to take a taxi.

I'm here now. It's worth using a TSU for a suite if they have space.
vegasbased likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by SHLTP
If no traffic, about 1 hr 45 mins to 2 hours by car. Heavy traffic 3 hours. Heavy traffic fairly rare - only during covid era and if you're hitting start/off work time.

There is no airport in Suzhou so people in the city leave from here direct to airport same day. That's common. I would drive/take taxi. You could probably leave 6-630 to be fine.

There's also a high speed trains from Suzhou to Shanghai that's about 30 minutes but then you'll need another 45 mins to hour to get to PVG. I think it's faster just to take a taxi.

Got it, I cant thank you enough for all your help! I have Globalist but no TSUs, alas. Im hoping for a suite but it looks like they are limited based on the data points upthread. The standard rooms look great though.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: United Member, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP

I love how you love PH Suzhou so much that youve stayed there for so many nights already!

I will download dianping for the 50% off massage promo and I wanted to see if you have any food or restaurant recommendations.

Thank you in advance for all the helpful info!
Old Jun 12, 2024, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by WaterLilinyc
I love how you love PH Suzhou so much that youve stayed there for so many nights already!

I will download dianping for the 50% off massage promo and I wanted to see if you have any food or restaurant recommendations.

Thank you in advance for all the helpful info!
Just sent you a private note back. Hope they enjoy the trip. Beautiful hotel. As for food, I like the old town and restaurants on Yancheng Hu for crab/seafood. I actually don't know the names - just how to drive there.

I suggest asking grace at front desk for suggestions or concierge though grace usually has better ideas. Concierge has had a lot more turnover.

I eat in the hotel a lot (the Beijing roast duck is excellent and they douse with Wuliangye alcohol). But in Suzhou I often eat at cheap but excellent places that friends take me to.

I'm not a foodie, ie Michelin type, so probably not the best person to suggest restaurants.

But it's a beautiful property. And the spa deals are incredible. I'm headed out of country to us and Europe for a month...I'll be back in PH my first week back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.