Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post-COVID Stay Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by orca1114
Trash cans throughout the property (parking lot, lobby, hallways, pool deck) were all overflowing, sometimes even with glass, but usually just tons of trash from takeout containers or alcoholic beverages.

Pool deck was filthy. No one attended to it from about 9 AM when the pool "opens" (quotes because you can acces the pool anytime via the gates) until 7 AM the following morning. And even then, it'd be 2-3 people trying to scramble to clean up a huge pool area in just an hour or two. Trash floating in the pools, discarded cups and cans hiding everywhere, dirty pool towels and food containers left on tables and chairs (birds seemed pretty happy about this last part, lol) overnight and into the next day. MANY selfish and inebriated guests were very irresponsible about cleaning up after themselves in any way, and since the resort was understaffed, it was a recipe for ugliness, for sure.

Tables and chairs in the lobby and fountain court suffered from similar issues.

I did notice railings in the lobby being wiped down frequently, which is one positive!

My favorite thing, though, was checking out the fire pits that weren't currently in use...smoking guests decided to use them as gigantic ash trays for their cigarette butts and cigars. Gross. Classy, right?
Thanks. Was considering a stay there later this year, but may have to reconsider now.

I can deal with no room service or limited restaurant offerings, but the cleanliness issues do not sound appealing at all.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Hyatt Place San Francisco / Downtown

Popped in today for a quick 1 night stay. Front doors are locked and require a key or that a guest be checking in to open. Masks are required in the hotel and the front desk area is walled off by plexiglass. All of the communal space (roof, lobby, patio, bar, gym) is closed off to guest. The hotel is not serving the breakfast buffet and no secondary option was offered. The FD agent suggested food delivery would be the best option. As a globalist, I was given two bottles of water. I was upgraded to a high floor standard King room. No frills, also no big deal as I simply needed to fulfill my first stay to qualify for the 3x promo ahead of a week long trip up to Highlands Carmel. Fingers crossed since we will arrive on Day 1 of the reopening. I’ll follow-up with feedback from Highlands Inn later this week.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Popped in today for a quick 1 night stay. Front doors are locked and require a key or that a guest be checking in to open. Masks are required in the hotel and the front desk area is walled off by plexiglass. All of the communal space (roof, lobby, patio, bar, gym) is closed off to guest. The hotel is not serving the breakfast buffet and no secondary option was offered. The FD agent suggested food delivery would be the best option. As a globalist, I was given two bottles of water. I was upgraded to a high floor standard King room. No frills, also no big deal as I simply needed to fulfill my first stay to qualify for the 3x promo ahead of a week long trip up to Highlands Carmel. Fingers crossed since we will arrive on Day 1 of the reopening. I’ll follow-up with feedback from Highlands Inn later this week.
Deleted

Last edited by Matt4200; Jun 14, 2020 at 11:29 pm
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Odd the front doors were locked at HP San Francisco Downtown unless it was late at night?

What time was your check in at? Or do they only have one employee on duty and lock up for safety purposes?

The mask requirement is a requirement of San Francisco itself, the hotel is simply complying with the local order.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Odd the front doors were locked at HP San Francisco Downtown unless it was late at night?

What time was your check in at? Or do they only have one employee on duty and lock up for safety purposes?

The mask requirement is a requirement of San Francisco itself, the hotel is simply complying with the local order.
Sounds like the property was a HH or HP. I’ve been to several across the US that lock the front doors after hours (10pm) as a matter of policy even though I’ve seen more than one worker. Might be due to safety concerns. They have it where you use your room key to unlock the front door to the hotel.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I checked into Hyatt Place San Francisco / Downtown at noon. It was just the single FD clerk but there was also a limit to the number of guests in the lobby. I was told that because of the headcount restriction, I was also not allowed to invite guests to the hotel.

Originally Posted by storewanderer

Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I checked into Hyatt Place San Francisco / Downtown at noon. It was just the single FD clerk but there was also a limit to the number of guests in the lobby. I was told that because of the headcount restriction, I was also not allowed to invite guests to the hotel.
A locked front door at Noon at a Hyatt property in a major city? That is the type of thing you expect at a low budget value chain for $40 a night on the side of the highway next to a truck stop in an unpopulated area. That is really low end. I guess when service gets limited, it gets really limited.

Maybe at this point Hyatt is regretting taking away those "self check in kiosks" they ripped out a few years ago from a number of US properties. With the kiosks people could have checked in contact free and an employee would have just needed to clean the kiosks between users. I know there were a lot of issues with those kiosks and that is why they went away, but...

People with a key card could walk right into the lobby... and no limit would be observed unless the desk clerk stopped them from entering.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
HP Page/Lake Powell

One night stay after visiting Grand Canyon. Plexiglas at checkin. All staff in masks. Lobby and pool area packed with guests, mostly 20s-30s crowd, none (literally) wearing masks. Upgraded to a room with a nicer view according to FD and a nice globalist amenity snack basket, which was seriously awesome (chips, brownie, extra waters, granola bars, cookies, and a note). No breakfast buffet. Instead, guests had to sign up for a 30 min time slot during which time they could come down and pack a grab and go bag. Choices included (all pre-wrapped or packaged) oatmeal, yogurt, banana, pastry, egg and cheese sandwiches, burritos, and hard boiled eggs. Quality of the items was even less than the normal HP standard stuff, but given the circumstances, I was pleasantly surprised with the options. There was one microwave to heat the frozen sandwich or burrito... that would have been better if there had been 2 or 3, since a line was always present at the microwave. No housekeeping for stays fewer than 3 nights. Counter/bar service was fully open for guests wanting meals/snacks or drinks. It was crowded with the young no-mask folks. At checkout, room keys were dropped by guests in a container with sanitizer/alcohol/disinfectant in it. Did see some guests properly distancing themselves and wearing masks the next day... older folks and families.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by orca1114
One night stay after visiting Grand Canyon. Plexiglas at checkin. All staff in masks. Lobby and pool area packed with guests, mostly 20s-30s crowd, none (literally) wearing masks. Upgraded to a room with a nicer view according to FD and a nice globalist amenity snack basket, which was seriously awesome (chips, brownie, extra waters, granola bars, cookies, and a note). No breakfast buffet. Instead, guests had to sign up for a 30 min time slot during which time they could come down and pack a grab and go bag. Choices included (all pre-wrapped or packaged) oatmeal, yogurt, banana, pastry, egg and cheese sandwiches, burritos, and hard boiled eggs. Quality of the items was even less than the normal HP standard stuff, but given the circumstances, I was pleasantly surprised with the options. There was one microwave to heat the frozen sandwich or burrito... that would have been better if there had been 2 or 3, since a line was always present at the microwave. No housekeeping for stays fewer than 3 nights. Counter/bar service was fully open for guests wanting meals/snacks or drinks. It was crowded with the young no-mask folks. At checkout, room keys were dropped by guests in a container with sanitizer/alcohol/disinfectant in it. Did see some guests properly distancing themselves and wearing masks the next day... older folks and families.
Ive skimmed thru the entire thread.
So far it seems yours is the first and only HP that offered anything for breakfast.

It seems like vast majority of HPs and HHs are offering no breakfast or daily housekeeping.

I don’t know people feel, but the websites for a few properties I’ve looked into for my trip next month highlight the usual breakfast offerings but mention nothing about there actually being no breakfast for the time being due to Covid. Shouldn’t that be disclosed, or am I supposed to have assumed that?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:19 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
I don’t know people feel, but the websites for a few properties I’ve looked into for my trip next month highlight the usual breakfast offerings but mention nothing about there actually being no breakfast for the time being due to Covid. Shouldn’t that be disclosed, or am I supposed to have assumed that?
Most of the websites I've seen include something like "In light of COVID-19 and for precautionary measures, some of the hotel facilities may have limited services until further notice. For inquiries, please contact the hotel directly." Rather than assuming something, you may want to follow that guidance.and for precautionary measures, some of the hotel facilities may have limited services until further notice. For inquiries, please contact the hotel directly.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:19 am
Original Poster

So far it seems yours is the first and only HP that offered anything for breakfast.

It seems like vast majority of HPs and HHs are offering no breakfast or daily housekeeping.

Echoing what SKJ wrote - except most HPs and HHs are offering something. It's a packaged item (such as a frozen breakfast sandwich) and some other packaged crap and some fruit.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I..
not sure how you came to that conclusion - I noted quite the opposite..
In 5 stays at hp/hh (utah, colorado) all offered to go breakfast, some better (Jimmy Dean sandwiches, selection of yogurt, fruits) some worse.. one hp had ppl eating inside and had the least of covid precautions.. i believe all had housekeeping which I declined with dnd..
have a couple more stays this week...
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by azepine00
not sure how you came to that conclusion - I noted quite the opposite..
In 5 stays at hp/hh (utah, colorado) all offered to go breakfast, some better (Jimmy Dean sandwiches, selection of yogurt, fruits) some worse.. one hp had ppl eating inside and had the least of covid precautions.. i believe all had housekeeping which I declined with dnd..
have a couple more stays this week...
checked into Hyatt Place Chandler AZ for one night $66, that inc taxes. needed to start my Promo as a Globalist. no mask FD
checked into Hyatt Place Scottsdale 2 nights. FD wearing mask.
Both had TO GO
HP is HP. It is what it is
I would maybe grab waters and coffee in the morning.

I don't know. both were fine, was really doing this because have a 2 STAYCATIONS coming up Andaz and HR Scottsdale.

Everything seemed real clean. Got my 2 bottles of water.

Looking FWD to see what my thoughts are on the HR Scottsdale week and the Andaz over 4th of July are. AZ is a MESS, cases rising, doesn't feel like the greatest idea to me. We will see if that changes. Rates were as cheap as I have ever seen them. When I booked 6 weeks ago. I don't know. Maybe its a skip. The LURE of the 3x points. lol
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:26 pm

Just had a one night stay at the Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue a couple of days ago prior to an appointment the next morning. It was my second hotel stay since the pandemic began (my first was about a week and a half ago), but my first with Hyatt. The hotel was pretty dead. This is usually my go-to Hyatt in the Seattle area because it's easy access to the places I usually need to get to, so it was definitely strange seeing it so quiet. The front doors are locked at all times, so you need to use your card key to get in. The staff was friendly, but not quite like usual. No "thank you for being a loyal World of Hyatt member" or anything like that. Not a big deal, considering the situation of course. Also, the pool and gym are closed, as is their restaurant/bar. For breakfast, you just go down to the front desk and they hand you a bag with a muffin, a breakfast bar, an orange and a bottle of water.

My hotel stays for the year have definitely been cut down, but I do have a few more Hyatt stays booked as of now. I would expect most of them to be a similar situation until maybe my stays that are set for late in the year.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Back at the HR Dallas - one of my favorite properties. Unfortunately, things haven't even begun to improve. The hotel is a shadow of itself. ZERO food and beverage options available - except for reheated food they sell at the front desk (which they then direct you to microwave yourself). Most areas are cordoned off and closed. The huge atrium is dark and inaccessible except you can see it from the glass elevators. Fitness center and pool are closed (but open on weekends as they are seeing a slight uptick in occupancy on weekends). Talked to onsite manager and it was reiterated that they will not open anything on the F&B side until revenue/occupancy justifies it and there aren't many hopeful signs at this point. Most of the staff (including managers) remain furloughed. On the plus side, remaining staff remain courteous and helpful and the renovated suites are very very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.