Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Suite Using All Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Standard Suite Using All Points

I have pretty much never seen a Hyatt offer a standard suite for points redemption, even though the Hyatt award chart does define the cost.
Is there some trick to book these, or do 99% of Hyatts not offer this?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:36 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
I have pretty much never seen a Hyatt offer a standard suite for points redemption, even though the Hyatt award chart does define the cost.

For suites, call (800) 544-9288 in the U.S. and Canada or your nearest Global Contact Center.
Attached Images  
craigthemif and Travelchurner like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: Alaska
need call to book, can't book online.

I have redeemed before.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Agreed with others. It's easily doable, but you need to contact Hyatt somehow (Call, DM on Twitter, etc). It's the same rules for whether a TSU is available.

You can either book the standard suite wholly on points.
OR you can pay an eligible rate and pay a points surcharge on top of that to get the suite upgrade
OR you can book the room via any eligible rate (cash or points) and then apply a TSU if you have them.

A neat option is that #1 and #2 allow you to upgrade to higher than standard suites as well.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:21 am

You can also do it on facebook/twitter if you prefer.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I've encountered a Hyatt (HR Hill Country) that has standard suites for sale but no point availability. Do the same blackout rules for entry-level rooms apply for what's listed as standard suites?
Old May 1, 2022, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
I've encountered a Hyatt (HR Hill Country) that has standard suites for sale but no point availability. Do the same blackout rules for entry-level rooms apply for what's listed as standard suites?
No the same rules do not apply. You can try reaching out to CS though to see if they can help you. Sometimes the actual availability is not the same as the online availability. This is especially true of points upgrades.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by steveholt
there are no blackout rules in WoH, the only reason for not being able to book standard rooms, be it cash or points, could be minimum stay requirements.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:24 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Unsure which properties you’re looking at, but I booked lots of European properties using Standard and Premium Suite redemptions online.

It displays as below

Old May 3, 2022, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
there are no blackout rules in WoH, the only reason for not being able to book standard rooms, be it cash or points, could be minimum stay requirements.
The only room type that has guaranteed points availability per WoH terms is "standard room" - all other room types (premium rooms, standard and premium suites) are completely at each individual property's discretion, at least per my concierge. The only other "guaranteed" availability is using a TSU to upgrade to a standard suite - as long as one is available for sale, it can be confirmed (unless it's at a property that's specifically excluded from TSU in T&C). Some properties are more generous with points availability, while others are very stingy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.