FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Standard Suite Using All Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2009814-standard-suite-using-all-points.html)

Travelchurner Feb 19, 2020 10:00 pm

Standard Suite Using All Points

I have pretty much never seen a Hyatt offer a standard suite for points redemption, even though the Hyatt award chart does define the cost.
Is there some trick to book these, or do 99% of Hyatts not offer this?

59Impala Feb 19, 2020 10:36 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Travelchurner (Post 32092174)
I have pretty much never seen a Hyatt offer a standard suite for points redemption, even though the Hyatt award chart does define the cost.

For suites, call (800) 544-9288 in the U.S. and Canada or your nearest Global Contact Center.

freed0m Feb 20, 2020 2:12 am

need call to book, can't book online.

I have redeemed before.

jameswes Feb 20, 2020 8:12 am

Agreed with others. It's easily doable, but you need to contact Hyatt somehow (Call, DM on Twitter, etc). It's the same rules for whether a TSU is available.

You can either book the standard suite wholly on points.
OR you can pay an eligible rate and pay a points surcharge on top of that to get the suite upgrade
OR you can book the room via any eligible rate (cash or points) and then apply a TSU if you have them.

A neat option is that #1 and #2 allow you to upgrade to higher than standard suites as well.

projectmaximus Feb 20, 2020 8:21 am

You can also do it on facebook/twitter if you prefer.

steveholt May 1, 2022 4:52 pm

I've encountered a Hyatt (HR Hill Country) that has standard suites for sale but no point availability. Do the same blackout rules for entry-level rooms apply for what's listed as standard suites?

projectmaximus May 1, 2022 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 34212490)
I've encountered a Hyatt (HR Hill Country) that has standard suites for sale but no point availability. Do the same blackout rules for entry-level rooms apply for what's listed as standard suites?

No the same rules do not apply. You can try reaching out to CS though to see if they can help you. Sometimes the actual availability is not the same as the online availability. This is especially true of points upgrades.

59Impala May 2, 2022 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 34212490)

there are no blackout rules in WoH, the only reason for not being able to book standard rooms, be it cash or points, could be minimum stay requirements.

m0hamed May 3, 2022 4:24 am

Unsure which properties you’re looking at, but I booked lots of European properties using Standard and Premium Suite redemptions online.

It displays as below

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d124b4e8.jpeg

sch_flyer May 3, 2022 10:38 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 34216185)
there are no blackout rules in WoH, the only reason for not being able to book standard rooms, be it cash or points, could be minimum stay requirements.

The only room type that has guaranteed points availability per WoH terms is "standard room" - all other room types (premium rooms, standard and premium suites) are completely at each individual property's discretion, at least per my concierge. The only other "guaranteed" availability is using a TSU to upgrade to a standard suite - as long as one is available for sale, it can be confirmed (unless it's at a property that's specifically excluded from TSU in T&C). Some properties are more generous with points availability, while others are very stingy.