Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Hyatt FAQs regarding Covid-19 elite status extensions:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Spire Elite, GHA Black, O.W. Sapphire, S.A. Gold, Skyward Elite Plu
I think the same same will go o most if not all major Hotel Chains. They don't want to lose any guests because of COVID19. I'm IHG and Hilton also doing the same but unlike Hyatt (Asia Pacific Region addresses) they are only focusing on China Hong Kong Macau and Taiwan registered address members
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I had about 20 of my in 100+ nights in apac last year i wonder if i qualify?
No....
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88
No....
How do you know that I don't? Do you know the terms?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
20 nights is not much, especially if it's less than 1/5th of all of your eligible nights.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:19 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
It is a guesstimate. Let’s not get caught up in what the specific numbers are as they aren’t published. Once accounts start flipping the date we can collect info and start to figure it out.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Nothing has changed with my account yet. Nice of Hyatt to do this, but the fact that they have been so quick to do it does not inspire a lot of hope for an early resolution.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Nothing has changed with my account yet. Nice of Hyatt to do this, but the fact that they have been so quick to do it does not inspire a lot of hope for an early resolution.
So long as the Hyatt/MGM matching feedback loop remains in place, this doesn't mean much for Explorists. Unless they extend our club lounge certs to 2022, which would be a nice thing to keep in our pocket.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So long as the Hyatt/MGM matching feedback loop remains in place, this doesn't mean much for Explorists. Unless they extend our club lounge certs to 2022, which would be a nice thing to keep in our pocket.
From the official press release:

Currently valid Suite Upgrade Awards, Club Access Awards and Free Night Awards that expire in 2020 for qualifying members will be extended through December 31, 2021.

Not all the way to 2022, but pretty close.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
From the official press release:

Currently valid Suite Upgrade Awards, Club Access Awards and Free Night Awards that expire in 2020 for qualifying members will be extended through December 31, 2021.

Not all the way to 2022, but pretty close.
As of now, nothing has changed. Wonder how long I should wait before contacting somebody.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
As of now, nothing has changed. Wonder how long I should wait before contacting somebody.
Changed in what way? The announcement (as well the info I got from my concierge) says that this will be resolved until the end of March.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Changed in what way? The announcement (as well the info I got from my concierge) says that this will be resolved until the end of March.
Someone else in a previous response said he was seeing his Club Lounge passes extended already.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Someone else in a previous response said he was seeing his Club Lounge passes extended already.
Mine (TSU / CLP) haven't changed yet either but I'm really in no hurry of pushing Hyatt to attend to my account quicker than their schedule allows. It was already pretty generous to extend this to residents outside "Greater China" like all the other chains limited it.

Unless you want a confirmation from someone that your account is in fact covered I'd lay low for now and wait through March. I had to contact my concierge related to a suite upgrade anyway and asked about the expiration of the remaining ones. She replied I'm eligible and it'll be handled until the end of March.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:37 pm

Gee, I think you should contact them immediately. It's already been almost 48 hr since the announcement, How long can you be expected to wait!
CodeAdam10 and Hydro88 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:41 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
From my Hyatt concierge:

World of Hyatt is updating qualifying members’ accounts to reflect the extension of Elite Tier status and the validity of the promotional free night and upgrade awards, and expects complete the process by 31 March 2020.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
One would hope those with expiring Upgrade instruments on 29th Feb 2020 would have them extended before then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.