Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt 2020 Category Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt 2020 Category Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:37 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’ve never had a booking that changed in Category so I’m not sure of the process.

I have a couple bookings that have gone down in Category which take place after 3/22. How/When is the refund (they were full points bookings) supposed to hit my WOH account? Then if they also are considered “off peak” would that likely hit the same time or do you think I’d have to reach out?

The stays are between September and November.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by RedSun
I'd call them to either adjust the points, or rebook it. They can ever ask the local hotel to rebook it for you.
The change doesn't take place for a month. Calling or rebooking now will have no effect on the rate.

Rather than worrying about what will happen now, why don't you wait and see what actually occurs after the changes are implemented. You'll have 6 months before your first re-priced stay and that should be plenty of time to make sure the points charged are correct.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
The change doesn't take place for a month. Calling or rebooking now will have no effect on the rate.

Rather than worrying about what will happen now, why don't you wait and see what actually occurs after the changes are implemented. You'll have 6 months before your first re-priced stay and that should be plenty of time to make sure the points charged are correct.
I’m not worrying I’m just asking based on past years if it was automatic or you had to reach out.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
HR Aruba Up from 6 to 7 .
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is it true that they are delaying most of the category changes? If so does that also apply to the SLH properties?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:50 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Is it true that they are delaying most of the category changes? If so does that also apply to the SLH properties?
Blogs say that most category changes will be delayed. I haven't seen any official announcement. The Hyatt email only refers to Peak pricing being delayed.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:34 pm

Do you guys think that all Category changes that would have taken place this year will still be in place when changes are done or will Hyatt rethink some Category change decisions based on data from this year?

I’m inclined to think the latter as the travel industry has vastly changed this year with likely long lasting changes.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Do you guys think that all Category changes that would have taken place this year will still be in place when changes are done or will Hyatt rethink some Category change decisions based on data from this year?

I’m inclined to think the latter as the travel industry has vastly changed this year with likely long lasting changes.
The news came out recently. Only a handful of category changes in March 2021. Mostly Destination resorts IIRC.

I know that some people have a different perspective, but there were quite a few European hotels going down a category - so for me, it's a shame that these changes appear to have been permanently cancelled.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The news came out recently. Only a handful of category changes in March 2021. Mostly Destination resorts IIRC.

I know that some people have a different perspective, but there were quite a few European hotels going down a category - so for me, it's a shame that these changes appear to have been permanently cancelled.
From my Knowledge yes there’s about 9 changes due for March. But Hyatt also announced that the other category changes that were scheduled to take place will now resume in July along with the Peak/Off Peak Pricing.

It would’ve been great if Hyatt only did the downward changes as to not adversely impact guests.

But I’m still wondering what changes are being made if it’s the ones scheduled from this year or if they’ll use data from this year to decide changes.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.