Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt 2020 Category Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt 2020 Category Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Park City was cat4 only ~3 years ago. From 15k to 30k in a few years, damn.

Glad Vancouver is staying as cat3, and French Quarter cat4. Just found out Montreal left the chain though

p.s. HR Louisville going to cat5 while HR Indianapolis remains cat2 ??
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Just saw these posted this morning. https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...t-updates.html

Interested to see the Andaz 5th Avenue and Centric Park City both going up to Cat. 7. I don't think either one belongs in Cat. 7 based on typical rates, and I would have thought the new peak pricing would help solve the peak ski season rates at the Centric. PH Chicago going down is nice though. Parker NY dropped to Cat. 5, but based on the reviews and currently rates, it could have gone down all the way to Cat. 4.

Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Scottsdale went from CAT 2 in 2018, CAT 3 in 2019, CAT 4 in 2020. THIS is only because of Spring Training, which seemed to be "fixed" with new pricing scenarios. BOTH hotels in the Summer can be had for 81$ a night, cause why would you travel to AZ in August?

HYATT Olive 8 back to 15k points. My FAVORITE Seattle Hyatt as a Globie.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Scottsdale went from CAT 2 in 2018, CAT 3 in 2019, CAT 4 in 2020. THIS is only because of Spring Training, which seemed to be "fixed" with new pricing scenarios. BOTH hotels in the Summer can be had for 81$ a night, cause why would you travel to AZ in August?

HYATT Olive 8 back to 15k points. My FAVORITE Seattle Hyatt as a Globie.
Do they do something extra special for Globs?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Anyone making a few speculative booking before March 22nd? I'm burning all of my points with Hyatt House Oak Brooke, IL, currently at 5000 points, with it moving up to C2 and peak period pricing it will be 9500 points, am booking any possible days staying there in 2020.

Originally Posted by italdesign
Park City was cat4 only ~3 years ago. From 15k to 30k in a few years, damn.

Glad Vancouver is staying as cat3, and French Quarter cat4. Just found out Montreal left the chain though

p.s. HR Louisville going to cat5 while HR Indianapolis remains cat2 ??
Yes, plan to use my free night certificates with HR Vancouver.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by Matt4200

No, not necessarily. Its a GREEN hotel, with a great breakfast, farm to table, organic, crab benedict. The menu has changed a little, was better last tear. I usually get upgraded at least to a Luxury King. Very spacious. The pool/steam area is great. For a 15k redemption, its one of my "best value" Hyatt's.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
No, not necessarily. Its a GREEN hotel, with a great breakfast, farm to table, organic, crab benedict. The menu has changed a little, was better last tear. I usually get upgraded at least to a Luxury King. Very spacious. The pool/steam area is great. For a 15k redemption, its one of my "best value" Hyatt's.
Don’t forget in “Off Peak” season it’s only 12k

I’d love to stay there, I had planned to last year except it had gone up to 20k redemption so I couldn’t swing it (I could but the cost didn’t make sense for me). Just wanted to see if there were any good Glob benefits because I may stay there this year. I go to Portland once a year for a week and usually tack on a trip to Seattle since it’s so close (only 2 hours).
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:19 pm

Question -

Say I book a 7 night stay now and the Award Category goes up. Then closer to the stay I realize I only need 6 nights. Would Global Contact Center (or Globalist Concierge) be able to modify the reservation to remove one night without paying the new Category Price or am I completely locked in and any changes would be subject to the new pricing?

Not exactly sure how this is handled. I know adding a night would of course be subject to the new rate since that new night would be booked after 3/22, but subtracting a night I would hope would be easy just to remove a night.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Question -

Say I book a 7 night stay now and the Award Category goes up. Then closer to the stay I realize I only need 6 nights. Would Global Contact Center (or Globalist Concierge) be able to modify the reservation to remove one night without paying the new Category Price or am I completely locked in and any changes would be subject to the new pricing?

Not exactly sure how this is handled. I know adding a night would of course be subject to the new rate since that new night would be booked after 3/22, but subtracting a night I would hope would be easy just to remove a night.
Repricing.
Better book every night separately, than you can easyly cancel just 1 night.
TerryK, RedSun and Star_Guy like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tjae
Repricing.
Better book every night separately, than you can easyly cancel just 1 night.
Yes, Hyatt enforces its rules really well.... They won't bend.
TerryK likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you mean HP Scottsdale, the answer is a big nope. Stayed there on Fri Feb 14 and I’d have a hard time thinking of a less deserving Cat 4 property.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpb132
If you mean HP Scottsdale, the answer is a big nope. Stayed there on Fri Feb 14 and I’d have a hard time thinking of a less deserving Cat 4 property.
I've stayed there. It's a Hyatt Place. It reminded me of all the other HPs. It's fine if your expectations are reasonable for a HP. If you expect a full service hotel you are going to be disappointed, of course.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by dpb132
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I've stayed there. It's a Hyatt Place. It reminded me of all the other HPs. It's fine if your expectations are reasonable for a HP. If you expect a full service hotel you are going to be disappointed, of course.
Was referring to Olive 8 But thanks or the info. Most HP’s are similar and I don’t really like them I’d pick a HH over HP any day. Some insist the new ones are amazing (such as Pasadena) but it’s still a HP in my book.

Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, Hyatt enforces its rules really well.... They won't bend.
That’s why it’s best to ask these questions ahead of time. Worst case scenario would’ve been to pay the extra day which would’ve been cheaper than paying for the repricing. (3,000 x 6 = 18,000 vs. 5,000 points for the extra day).

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by italdesign
HR Louisville going to cat5...?
Speaking as an old Kentuckian, that’s nuts.
TrojanDomer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:51 pm

I’ve never had a booking that changed in Category so I’m not sure of the process.

I have a couple bookings that have gone down in Category which take place after 3/22. How/When is the refund (they were full points bookings) supposed to hit my WOH account? Then if they also are considered “off peak” would that likely hit the same time or do you think I’d have to reach out?

The stays are between September and November.

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:38 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I’ve never had a booking that changed in Category so I’m not sure of the process.

I have a couple bookings that have gone down in Category which take place after 3/22. How/When is the refund (they were full points bookings) supposed to hit my WOH account? Then if they also are considered “off peak” would that likely hit the same time or do you think I’d have to reach out?

The stays are between September and November.

Thanks!
I'd call them to either adjust the points, or rebook it. They can ever ask the local hotel to rebook it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.