Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double Points Promo - 2/15 to 5/15 (after 2nd stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Print Wikipost

Double Points Promo - 2/15 to 5/15 (after 2nd stay)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just looked at squeezing in a night before my M-F stay next week. Makes no sense. I'll only net about 5300 from the promo if it were my second stay. Cheapest pts stay anywhere near me is 8k
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:55 pm

I booked an $80 at a cat 1 HP stay before my 5 night stay at the grand Hyatt SFO. Well worth it for me.
laxsnaogg likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:23 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I booked an $80 at a cat 1 HP stay before my 5 night stay at the grand Hyatt SFO. Well worth it for me.
Way off topic, and for that I apologize, but why are you spending 5 nights at an airport hotel ?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Way off topic, and for that I apologize, but why are you spending 5 nights at an airport hotel ?
Its close to my place of business and is much better quality than anything else in the area.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:29 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Its close to my place of business and is much better quality than anything else in the area.
Fair enough ... sorry for the diversion.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Am I correct that I can book an SLH property on points to count as my first stay?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Am I correct that I can book an SLH property on points to count as my first stay?
Yes, as Tino shared above from the T&C:

What is considered an eligible night?
For the purpose of this promotion, an eligible night is defined as any night at a participating hotel where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg

For the purpose of this promotion, an eligible night is defined as any night at a participating hotel where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
Thank you, my assumption is that an sward night at an SLH property is the same as an award night at an actual Hyatt?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thank you, my assumption is that an sward night at an SLH property is the same as an award night at an actual Hyatt?
Correct.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg

Wow, this could be huge for me as I am paying for three rooms at a Park Hyatt later this month. So if I redeem one room via one of my free category room nights, I am going to net around 100,000 bonus points from this promo! Incredible. Just hoping that it is indeed true that whatever triggers a qualifying room night on my account activates the first stay for this promotion. I plan to get confirmation via World of Hyatt after my first stay as this type of logistical issue seems to often cause problems later with them coming back and saying, oh that didn't count, no matter what the terms and conditions say. That's not what we actually meant.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just looked at squeezing in a night before my M-F stay next week. Makes no sense. I'll only net about 5300 from the promo if it were my second stay. Cheapest pts stay anywhere near me is 8k
Figured mine out. Split my stay. 1 night and then 3 nights at to different hotels. And since Monday is a holiday, it actually made the overall stay cheaper
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Wow, this could be huge for me as I am paying for three rooms at a Park Hyatt later this month. So if I redeem one room via one of my free category room nights, I am going to net around 100,000 bonus points from this promo! Incredible. Just hoping that it is indeed true that whatever triggers a qualifying room night on my account activates the first stay for this promotion. I plan to get confirmation via World of Hyatt after my first stay as this type of logistical issue seems to often cause problems later with them coming back and saying, oh that didn't count, no matter what the terms and conditions say. That's not what we actually meant.
Not sure why you'd waste your time as it's explicit in the promotion T&Cs.
skj and ZBigFam like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are you saying you'd redeem your certificate at the Park Hyatt for the first night of one of the rooms and hope that activates the promo for the rest of the same stay basically? If you are suggesting that, it wouldn't be good. You need to activate the promo with a wholly separate stay before you step foot in the Park Hyatt for your 3-room reservation.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
Are you saying you'd redeem your certificate at the Park Hyatt for the first night of one of the rooms and hope that activates the promo for the rest of the same stay basically? If you are suggesting that, it wouldn't be good. You need to activate the promo with a wholly separate stay before you step foot in the Park Hyatt for your 3-room reservation.
Highly would recommend getting in a day early and staying at a different nearby Hyatt on your own dime.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Three Questions -

1) What are most people planning on doing with this promo? In terms of how much do you think you’ll get in bonus points from the promo.

2) Is this promo likely to be the only one of its kind in 2020? I know there are double points promos here and there, but they tend to be limited to certain hotels, while this one includes all hotels.

3) Are gift cards entirely excluded? Meaning if I charged resort activities to my room (Dining, massage, etc.) and paid for those with a Hyatt GC would those points earned not be doubled? I’ve confirmed that it would earn the standard 5 points per dollar spent, and the 30% Glob bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.