Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House/Place Shanghai Hongqiao CBD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House/Place Shanghai Hongqiao CBD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks for the feedback. What about the food? You got status with Hyatt?

I think I'm going to book this when I return to PVG next spring. I can simply take the subway from PVG all the way to end of Line 2 to get to this hotel? How long will that take? 1.5 hours?
Didn't try the food in the hotel; I ended up having some rice noodle for breakfast in the nearby mall (The Hub), which was great.

The stay was part of a mattress run towards Globalist when I was still Explorist. So just a slightly bigger room; nothing really exciting or aspirational about the hotel to begin with - but still, at least they gave me six bottles of water per day!

Yes you can take Line 2 from PVG to Hongqiao. It's more like 2 hours if you factor in walking and waiting.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by yuzheny
Didn't try the food in the hotel; I ended up having some rice noodle for breakfast in the nearby mall (The Hub), which was great.

The stay was part of a mattress run towards Globalist when I was still Explorist. So just a slightly bigger room; nothing really exciting or aspirational about the hotel to begin with - but still, at least they gave me six bottles of water per day!

Yes you can take Line 2 from PVG to Hongqiao. It's more like 2 hours if you factor in walking and waiting.
Other than taxi or Uber, what's the fastest and most convenient way to Hongqiao from PVG?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:22 am

Do you have the option of flying into SHA? Would make your life much easier when staying here.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Visconti
Do you have the option of flying into SHA? Would make your life much easier when staying here.
Yes, I have thought about it, but unfortunately SHA isn't an option.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Other than taxi or Uber, what's the fastest and most convenient way to Hongqiao from PVG?
The #1 bus. But, we're supposedly getting a new subway line in two years that will shave off 20 minutes.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:41 pm

Fastest? Perhaps Maglev and then transfer to Line 2 at Long Yang Road.
But the most convenient route is either Bus or Metro.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yuzheny
Fastest? Perhaps Maglev and then transfer to Line 2 at Long Yang Road.
But the most convenient route is either Bus or Metro.
I've never taken Line 2 all the way to PVG before. How do I know when Line 2 will terminate (forgot the name of this station) at an earlier point than going all the way to PVG and vice versa?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:34 pm

I've never taken Line 2 all the way to PVG before. How do I know when Line 2 will terminate (forgot the name of this station) at an earlier point than going all the way to PVG and vice versa?
The direct trains are a fairly recent thing, and I've yet to avail of one, but here are a few thoughts:
1. This discussion is better suited for the Shanghai ground transportation thread
2. The #1 bus is much faster than the subway, and probably subway/Maglev as well
3. Taxi is the fastest when you take waiting for bus or Maglev into account
4. Waiting for the subway isn't really an issue, but the subway is not fast
5. The Guanglan road transfer between the short and long train is quite painless
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
The direct trains are a fairly recent thing, and I've yet to avail of one, but here are a few thoughts:
1. This discussion is better suited for the Shanghai ground transportation thread
2. The #1 bus is much faster than the subway, and probably subway/Maglev as well
3. Taxi is the fastest when you take waiting for bus or Maglev into account
4. Waiting for the subway isn't really an issue, but the subway is not fast
5. The Guanglan road transfer between the short and long train is quite painless
Ok, gotcha. Believe it or not, I've been taking the maglev and line 2 whenever I arrive at PVG. I'll continue this conversation in the other thread. Thx.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Any experience to get to the Hyatt House/Place at Hongqiao CBD from SHA?

Is the walk straight forward with wheeled luggage?

I note the hotels may be too close for taxi.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

If you arrive at T2, it's a pretty easy walk. If you arrive at T1, you can either do Line 10 to the train station, or grab a taxi.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I stayed at the HH for a week last month. From Terminal 2, you want to follow the signs for Hongqiao train station and its corresponding metro station. When you pass the metro station, hang a left into the parking garage and take the elevator, escalator or stairs up to the elevated walkway leading to The Hub shopping center. Walk across, then take the stairs down (or escalator/elevator if you go into The Hub) and you'll be on Shenhong Road. It's a straight shot from there to the hotels, and if you arrive during the day it'll be hard to miss the large building with the Hyatt House/Place "H" logos.

Yes, it IS convoluted!

One very small silver lining of this property, considering the location and its distance from major tourism centers: The Hongqiao Railway Station subway stop is only the second on Line 2's eastward route, so you're almost guaranteed a seat.
UA_Flyer and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.