Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:55 pm

I emailed Dec. 7 after seeing the thread and was called back the next day. The status was updated within seven days, although I was quoted up to 14 "business" days when I was enrolled.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
My concierge didn't reach out to me until Dec 18th. I confirmed with another agent when I called back on the 19th. I'm nervous because still nothing.
Mine posted on Sunday morning? Speculating here, but I'd wager you'll see your status change tomorrow.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that, with (presumably) 2 days off each for Xmas and NY, and 2 weekend days per week, 14 business days is 2 days shy of 4 weeks. So, relax. It's only been 7 business days since Dec 19. Jan 14 will be 14 business days.
aviators99 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I requalified for Globalist at the very end of the year and got a call from my Concierge a few days ago with the offer.

I doubt I've been on more than three or four AA flights in my life.

I'm one of the folks who are going to get squeezed out of United 1k with the new requirements. I'm in Houston, so AA is not ideal, but this adds some extra motivation to make the break from United to being more of a free agent.

Flights from Houston to Punta Cana for a vacation this summer are $400 cheaper on AA (with a connection) than the non-stop on United. I may ultimately go with the non-stop, but I would not have even looked at AA without the offer. It'll undoubtedly get me on at least a few AA flights this year, so this will drive a little additional revenue to AA that they wouldn't have received without making the offer..
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
Mine posted on Sunday morning? Speculating here, but I'd wager you'll see your status change tomorrow.
Speculation confirmed.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm thinking this was more about number of different Hyatts and maybe level of Hyatts. Granted, I don't think I had a single Park stay in 2019, but I had mostly Andaz/Grand level and very few House/Place stays. I also had them on three continents, and I needed to get to each of these places, hence AA. I can see why they'd target me over someone who stays at all House/Place locations within driving distance of their home.
I am lifetime AA platinum, had a bunch of paid flights in 2019 and some scheduled for 2020. All coach. A lot of award travel too.
I had a lot of Hyatt award stays in 2019, plus a bunch of cc nights and a few work trips at HP with Corp rate.

Still have no clue how they chose who to target.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
So did you get targeted or not? I’m currently AA Plat Pro, qualified back in July. Globalist, with 61 nights. Asked my Concierge last week if there is any love for me and was told my name is not on the “list”. It’s all good.

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am lifetime AA platinum, had a bunch of paid flights in 2019 and some scheduled for 2020. All coach. A lot of award travel too.
I had a lot of Hyatt award stays in 2019, plus a bunch of cc nights and a few work trips at HP with Corp rate.

Still have no clue how they chose who to target.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Inquired about this offer via email with my concierge and received a call a few days later informing me I qualified for the offer. She was “behind” on these as well but I don’t think these are targeted. Seems like if you inquire you will receive. This is a nice perk for globalists. Guess I’m flying AA this year 😀
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I qualified for Globalist for the first time this year, but not until 12/26. I mentioned the AA elite program to my concierge. Obviously, I was not on the spreadsheet. My concierge suggested that I contact AA,
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. My concierge has been out of the office since early November, so I've been handled by a several different agents who respond while she is out. I emailed my concierge asking if I was targeted and received a call the next day from another agent. She confirmed I was targeted and said they hadn't reach out yet because my concierge was out of the office. She signed me up on the phone.
ok, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Has anyone been targeted who DID NOT link their AA accounts? That seems to be the only common denominator I've noticed (outside of being a globalist)

I can be 100% wrong, and probably am, but I personally think the concierges chose them. Maybe they chose a bunch of random people, but were also told to choose their favorites. I've had a great relationship with my concierge and it appears that people on the the WOH facebook groups who were all targeted all had great relationships with their concierge as well
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Has anyone been targeted who DID NOT link their AA accounts? That seems to be the only common denominator I've noticed (outside of being a globalist)

I can be 100% wrong, and probably am, but I personally think the concierges chose them. Maybe they chose a bunch of random people, but were also told to choose their favorites. I've had a great relationship with my concierge and it appears that people on the the WOH facebook groups who were all targeted all had great relationships with their concierge as well
That’s what my concierge told me. Seems odd AA would not use some sort of data analysis in giving away such a valuable perk, but who knows? Maybe they pulled some subset from the list of Globalists who had linked and sent that over and gave concierges discretion? Seems as though travelers with all kinds of different qualities got it.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Seems odd AA would not use some sort of data analysis in giving away such a valuable perk, but who knows?
Agreed.

Of the free perks I've been privy to, admittedly could be a very small number overall, this one is the most valuable, in my view. The Noir is nice, but aside from stated benefits the Vegas hotels aren't going to offer anything aside from the bare minimum. Free Globalist is pretty valuable for AA's members, but I've read somewhere they didn't include the TSUs.

AA EXP SWUs are worth $5,000+ if used judiciously and OWE is a tremendous perk for int'l travel, not to mention the elite status available to leverage matches with others. While most carriers require proof of activity, a nicely worded explanation and promises of future business would likely meet with success.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Lol just contacted concierge by email:
Hello,

First of all best wishes for this new years and I hope you had a nice holiday.

I have heard through some other hyatt guests that there is an offer going on right now to get matched to American Airlines Executive platinum?

I was wondering if I was eligible for this offer?

thanks a lot,

Here is the answer I got:

Thank you for your message and participation in World of Hyatt.

As an exclusive, one-time offer associated with our loyalty collaboration with American Airlines’ AAdvantage, World of Hyatt is offering AAdvantage elite status to a small number of eligible customers. Hyatt will be contacting these customers individually.

We ask that you please understand that even if you disagree with our program or one of our partner promotions, we still care and appreciate your business.

Should you have any further questions kindly let me know.
That last sentence is really confusing the hell out of me…. I have not complained about WOH, and Don't find WOH bad except the names and cards which are horrendous imo…. Is that a way of telling me no you're not eligible? but then why say that and not I am sorry, but you're not eligible…..
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by synd
Lol just contacted concierge by email:

Here is the answer I got:

That last sentence is really confusing the hell out of me…. I have not complained about WOH, and Don't find WOH bad except the names and cards which are horrendous imo…. Is that a way of telling me no you're not eligible? but then why say that and not I am sorry, but you're not eligible…..
Yep that's their passive aggressive way of saying sorry you weren't selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.