Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: woh globalist, marriott platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Questions -

Why not put that spend on another Chase Card and transfer the UR to Hyatt for the 1:1 conversion?

I believe out of all the people who hit Globalist through spend your Category is less than 10% of overall people. I can show dozens of DP’s of people who’ve done MS to meet the $100k threshold to hit Globalist but very few who hit it your way. Allocating 100k or more in business spend to meet this threshold truly uncommon. I’m not trying to invalidate that you did make Globalist this way, just that it’s quite uncommon compared to the majority of people hitting Globalist solely via spend.

You also know that you can hit Globalist by only spending 20k with Hyatt right? Not needing necessarily a set number of nights.
In my original statement I answered about why I absolutely don't mind using the WOH card for the $100kish spend as opposed to a chase for 1.5 points per $. It’s the value of the certificates and the other bells and whistles. I find that all told this is of equivalent value to the .5 point I am not receiving. I am quite sure that millionaires or high net worth individuals certainly arent spending their time ms’ing their way to globalist.

It probably is uncommon and I am glad for that.

Yes I am aware of the 20k spend. Keep in mind that I am generating 2.5mm points give or take annually. I only spend dollars when using points is at a horrible redemption rate. I generally keep Marriott, Hyatt, Amex MR, and Southwest points. I use dollars very little.

I appreciate the civil discourse
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Peter Green
In my original statement I answered about why I absolutely don't mind using the WOH card for the $100kish spend as opposed to a chase for 1.5 points per $. It’s the value of the certificates and the other bells and whistles. I find that all told this is of equivalent value to the .5 point I am not receiving. I am quite sure that millionaires or high net worth individuals certainly arent spending their time ms’ing their way to globalist.

It probably is uncommon and I am glad for that.

Yes I am aware of the 20k spend. Keep in mind that I am generating 2.5mm points give or take annually. I only spend dollars when using points is at a horrible redemption rate. I generally keep Marriott, Hyatt, Amex MR, and Southwest points. I use dollars very little.

I appreciate the civil discourse
I appreciate it as well.

I feel like of the millionaires and/or high net worth individuals your situation would be in a 1% column as far as how that subset of people earns Globalist.

Also, you’re staying that even though you can spend the money at Hyatt you opt instead to book award stays (if I'm understanding correctly). Do you feel Hyatt treats you differently from other Globalists because of how you got the status and your stay type (Award vs. Cash)?

It does make much more financial sense to redeem points for stays, especially at Hyatt. Sometimes with Hilton I’m not so sure (actually at least half the time unless staying 5+ nights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.