Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlee
Oh no there goes my reservation next week. I doubt I’ll be able to find award space again! Since it’s closed, do you think they’ll move reservations or am I going to just have to keep searching for new award dates?
they didn’t say how long they are closing for. I doubt they know for sure. the air won’t improve by next week. We don’t have enough resources to fight the fires.

Sorry I don’t know if they will move reservations but you can try asking. Better to email Ventana or call Hyatt.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by beardedmeerkat
Ventana is closing tomorrow.
Monterey County Sheriffs Office released an evacuation warning though I'm not sure if this has factored into the decision.

https://member.everbridge.net/453003085611217/notif
Dancingoctopus likes this.

Last edited by dsquared37; Aug 21, 2020 at 11:28 pm
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Monterey County Sheriffs Office released an evacuation warning though I'm not sure if this has factored into the decision.
I strongly suspect it did. That's not an easy area to evacuate if you have to leave in a hurry, with only one road out. In Paradise many died on the roads. Closure is a prudent, potentially life-saving decision.
Colin, dsquared37 and invalyd like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sarahlee
Oh no there goes my reservation next week. I doubt I’ll be able to find award space again! Since it’s closed, do you think they’ll move reservations or am I going to just have to keep searching for new award dates?
When they closed for the virus, re-accommodation was refused.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kacee
I strongly suspect it did. That's not an easy area to evacuate if you have to leave in a hurry, with only one road out. In Paradise many died on the roads. Closure is a prudent, potentially life-saving decision.
There's also a forecast for more lightning Sunday morning through Tuesday morning. In my previous iterations as a bay area resident I remember precious few thunderstorms, two series of them in two weeks is likely unprecedented in recent history.
estnet likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by nsx
When they closed for the virus, re-accommodation was refused.
my concierge pretty painlessly got me rebooked onto fall days prior to key Oct 8 promo end date that were showing no award inventory. TSU secured to boot.
invalyd likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Colin
my concierge pretty painlessly got me rebooked onto fall days prior to key Oct 8 promo end date that were showing no award inventory. TSU secured to boot.
I tried the Facebook Messenger staff without success, but I have no Hyatt status. Eventually I found some dates myself.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nsx
I tried the Facebook Messenger staff without success, but I have no Hyatt status. Eventually I found some dates myself.
Twitter works better in my experience.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
While I feel for people who were looking forward to their vacation seeing the devestating pictures of the fire/aftermath, peoples whose home are in danger or risking their lives to try to keep theirs from burning, firefighters killed, not nearly enough fire fighters to fight all the fires, etc.
It just makes it hard for me to focus on the reservation problem right now
Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
Twitter works better in my experience.
Twitter is telling me they have no power to move my stay. They're saying if it was showing the king room for cash but not points that they could do something, but that room category is never available for cash. Not seeing that amazing Hyatt CS that gets talked up so much in this forum, even Marriott would contact the property and ask them to open space if your reservation was being cancelled due to property closure.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Twitter is telling me they have no power to move my stay. They're saying if it was showing the king room for cash but not points that they could do something, but that room category is never available for cash. Not seeing that amazing Hyatt CS that gets talked up so much in this forum, even Marriott would contact the property and ask them to open space if your reservation was being cancelled due to property closure.
did you consider that the staff have evacuated?
just calm down and attempt remedy when the crisis abates.
beachfan, Maui4me1 and invalyd like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
https://www.sfgate.com/california-wi...e-15507228.php

Just an example of what is going on here.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Marriott definitely did not do that for me when COVID was shutting down hotels left and right. NorCal is dealing with a Top 5 fire in the state’s history. I hope they can accommodate you but I “lost” several great award reservations over the summer and all I can say is “Welcome to 2020.” Also, opening up space would also depend on when you are trying to return. As most on this forum have already indicated, most weekends have been snatched up so sometimes that just how things go during emergency situations that are out of the resort’s control. I’m not sure offering you a superior room is fair to the hotel when they will likely lose out on a couple weeks of booking due to the fire.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by estnet
https://www.sfgate.com/california-wi...e-15507228.php

Just an example of what is going on here.
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Marriott definitely did not do that for me when COVID was shutting down hotels left and right. NorCal is dealing with a Top 5 fire in the state’s history. I hope they can accommodate you but I “lost” several great award reservations over the summer and all I can say is “Welcome to 2020.” Also, opening up space would also depend on when you are trying to return. As most on this forum have already indicated, most weekends have been snatched up so sometimes that just how things go during emergency situations that are out of the resort’s control. I’m not sure offering you a superior room is fair to the hotel when they will likely lose out on a couple weeks of booking due to the fire.
I live in San Jose very close to the edge of the Canyon evac zone and can't go outside in the air, I am well aware of what's going on. I'm not even asking for help from hotel staff which I hope have evacuated, my contact was with Hyatt's general support.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:23 pm

take the L, mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.