Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:29 am

The dinner menu is updated but doesn’t look like much change from the previous menu let alone a completely new menu per someone mentioning upthread.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by myperks
The dinner menu is updated but doesn’t look like much change from the previous menu let alone a completely new menu per someone mentioning upthread.
How so? Are there just a few additional mains? Will be there in a few days and I’m curious.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Cmag211
How so? Are there just a few additional mains? Will be there in a few days and I’m curious.
The only main entree that changed was the duck breast which is now the Sonoma duckling. All other entrees are the same from the April menu (which I got last week).

Looking at the appetizers, looks like more replacements. Only the prawns and tartar was from the previous menu.

desserts all look the same.

someone mentioned upthread the menu would have no carry forward items so I assumed a completely new menu but that was only a server’s account.

Last edited by myperks; Aug 3, 2022 at 11:26 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
Very little change, especially to the main courses, and not at all the complete overhaul we were told about last week. The prawns and beef tartare are the only starters carried over from the old menu. Of note, the octopus is gone and is replaced by a yellowtail crudo. We did get to try a variation of the new heirloom tomato salad (ours included a nice portion of burrata) and the tomatoes were delicious. 6 of the main courses are identical; the sea bass and duck preparations differ from the previous menu.
Boraxo and myperks like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:02 pm

Is lunch included on the day of arrival, the day of departure, or both?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by avatexrs
Is lunch included on the day of arrival, the day of departure, or both?
Both
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:54 pm

For you folks who think your Amex Platinum is prestigious or gets you value and you are familiar with this resort you can laugh at the latest special offer from Amex for Big Sur. FREE BREAKFAST ON A RESORT THAT ALREADY INCLUDES FREE BREAKFAST! AMEX is so out of touch with reality

Alila Ventana Big Sur - Adults Only

Receive a US$300 property credit when booking a stay of at least 3 nights at Alila Ventana Big Sur. To take advantage of this offer, book from 13APR22 through 02SEP22 for hotel stays from 13APR22 and completed by 05SEP22. In addition, enjoy these valuable benefits with each Fine Hotels + Resorts® booking: 12pm check-in, when available, Room upgrade upon arrival, when available (certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade), Daily breakfast for two people, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Guaranteed 4pm late checkout, and US$100 Property credit to be used during your staY
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:11 pm

This is just standard benefits/language for FHR, which appear for all properties. They should remove this language where some or all of these benefits are already included, sure. But it's not like someone sat down and planned a promotion for free breakfast at Ventana...
estnet and joecool1885 like this.

Last edited by Tami; Aug 4, 2022 at 6:12 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
It pains me to cancel my Sep 16 reservation booked under the old 30,000 point rate,, but hopefully someone can benefit from a "standard" award night going back into availability!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:34 pm

They did not put it back. I think the lowest award right now is 45,000 point

Originally Posted by utgypsy
It pains me to cancel my Sep 16 reservation booked under the old 30,000 point rate,, but hopefully someone can benefit from a "standard" award night going back into availability!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Yes, sorry to be unclear. I was disappointed to have to cancel an award that only cost 30,000 at the time I booked knowing that now the standard room rates are 35,000-45,000 depending on the specific date. I was merely hoping that someone could still pick up a standard room at the current rate rather than being limited to just premium award pricing. This property has been great at providing globalist upgrades for us on standard award bookings.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta, aa, united silver
Award availability Ventana

I have tried multiple dates for award availability at Alila Ventana Big Sur with no luck. Even looking out as far as July 2023. Are they doing any awards? If so- does it include meals as it did for a time?

Appreciate any help. Looking to do a 30th anniversary trip as we stayed there for our honeymoon but the prices are insane.

Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Roadbob
I have tried multiple dates for award availability at Alila Ventana Big Sur with no luck. Even looking out as far as July 2023. Are they doing any awards? If so- does it include meals as it did for a time?

Appreciate any help. Looking to do a 30th anniversary trip as we stayed there for our honeymoon but the prices are insane.

Thanks
yes and yes. Dates either open as soon as the calendar opens up or randomly when dates are closer as people cancel, etc. I’ve seen some standard award dates come up without waiting a whole year.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:21 pm

Someone else posted you plan your trip here with points by finding dates and then plan your trip to the dates you found. I think that is good advice.

Originally Posted by Roadbob

Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Cometstar
yes and yes. Dates either open as soon as the calendar opens up or randomly when dates are closer as people cancel, etc. I’ve seen some standard award dates come up without waiting a whole year.
Just need to keep checking. I had been looking for July 2023 dates for an anniversary trip on points as well. Until today, all weekends were unavailable, and only certain random weekdays were available. But this evening I was able to book a Saturday through Tuesday stay, while Wednesday was unavailable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.