Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Lingjie Qiao
Thanks for the update! Did you feel that the view was affected by the fire at all?

Have a stay coming up in two weeks so don't expect the fire to last that long, but want to double check
At breakfast a lot of smoke appeared settled over the water, dampening that view. But by checkout that had disappeared.

Can't speak to today and what may happen between now and your arrival.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
At breakfast a lot of smoke appeared settled over the water, dampening that view. But by checkout that had disappeared.

Can't speak to today and what may happen between now and your arrival.
Excellent - Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:31 pm

Does anyone have experience driving there with a non-Tesla EV? Curious about the charging situation.

I see on PlugShare that there are 2 J-1772 chargers at the Sur House and another three at Ventana Inn & Spa. Are these still around and available for hotel guests?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Lingjie Qiao
Does anyone have experience driving there with a non-Tesla EV? Curious about the charging situation.

I see on PlugShare that there are 2 J-1772 chargers at the Sur House and another three at Ventana Inn & Spa. Are these still around and available for hotel guests?
yes. There is one J-1772 at the top near Sur House next to the Tesla destination and one J-1772 at the bottom of Sur house in the Tesla Supercharger lot towards the back. There is actually one at valet but it’s mostly reserved for their In-house golf carts that go around the property.
josephstern likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Jordyn77
In the past when access may have been limited in one direction due to rock slide, fires, road closures, etc., has the resort shown any flexibility in cancellation or other solutions? I have a two night stay starting on Weds of this week and we are coming from the Bay Area.
I had a reservation here this week but just canceled it (didn’t want to drive 4+ hours from SFO).
I didn’t have any problem cancelling it - no penalty. I got my points and TSU back immediately after cancelling the reservation.

I was told that the spa is closed and rescheduling appointments that were booked for this week. Smokehouse is also closed.
nsx likes this.

Last edited by lAzyTraveler; Jan 25, 2022 at 6:53 am
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I had a reservation here this week but just canceled it (didn’t want to drive 4+ hours from SFO).
I didn’t have any problem cancelling it - no penalty. I got my points and TSU back immediately after cancelling the reservation.

I was told that the spa is closed and rescheduling appointments that were booked for this week. Smokehouse is also closed.

Thank you. I ended up canceling and was able to get the points and TSU back. Disappointing as the weather was looking nice for this week. Hopefully, I can find a last minute standard point redemption in the near future to go.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
yes. There is one J-1772 at the top near Sur House next to the Tesla destination and one J-1772 at the bottom of Sur house in the Tesla Supercharger lot towards the back. There is actually one at valet but it’s mostly reserved for their In-house golf carts that go around the property.
Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:30 am

Looks like I'm going to be cancelling for Feb 10-13 too, we don't have flights booked and really don't want to deal with the hassle.

From a news article this morning:
> "The order remained in effect as of Tuesday evening, and Highway 1 from Palo Colorado Road to the Bixby Creek Bridge was closed in both directions with no reopening date.

oop it appears it is open actually
Lingjie Qiao likes this.

Last edited by Soccerjoshj07; Jan 27, 2022 at 7:40 am
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:29 pm

Maybe this belongs in the newbie lounge, but here goes:

I booked 3 nights at Ventana Big Sur for late February 2023 at the rate for a total of 95,000 points.
I attempted to use my TSU, through direct message on twitter, but was told "The Big Sur suite is not available each night at the standard rates. "
What I can see is: The suite is available as an "inclusive offer" for cash. But no suites are available for points as an outright points purchase like I see at other times of the year(and it looks that way for much of the month).

My question is: Is this something that is released by the hotel at a later date? Has someone already scooped up all the "standard suites" (new term to me today, despite all my research) availability? Or do I need to call and speak to someone else?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
Maybe this belongs in the newbie lounge, but here goes:

I booked 3 nights at Ventana Big Sur for late February 2023 at the rate for a total of 95,000 points.
I attempted to use my TSU, through direct message on twitter, but was told "The Big Sur suite is not available each night at the standard rates. "
What I can see is: The suite is available as an "inclusive offer" for cash. But no suites are available for points as an outright points purchase like I see at other times of the year(and it looks that way for much of the month).

My question is: Is this something that is released by the hotel at a later date? Has someone already scooped up all the "standard suites" (new term to me today, despite all my research) availability? Or do I need to call and speak to someone else?
Call the globalist line, they have been able to help me. They'd just work with the hotel to make it happen.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Call the globalist line, they have been able to help me. They'd just work with the hotel to make it happen.
That did it, thank you so much.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
You'd think the smokehouse would be open with all that smoke
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:07 pm
dk3

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I have 2 nights booked 2/27 - 3/1 with suite upgrade applied. I'm globalist as well. Booked for 60k total. Looking to swap with someone for the 2 days during the last week of May. Otherwise I could try to turn this into a GOH res. Message me if interested.
hi there. I don’t have for those days in May but have June 13-16 if you’re interested (3 nights) but also was wondering how one swaps award nights in general. Call the hotel to take care of it directly? I’ve seen some messages that cancelling award stays don’t usually put them right back into inventory.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:01 pm

Is 5 nights too long at this place?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by cleanes
Is 5 nights too long at this place?
I think so. I did 2 and thought that was plenty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.