Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Registered Companion Able to Check In Alone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Any issues these days at U.S. Hyatts? I'd be showing up later, but possibly not until the following day. We need to make the booking in my name to get Explorist late check out, better room etc.

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:38 am

As long as you add their name to the reservation it's fine, ive done this many times
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Explore
Any issues these days at U.S. Hyatts? I'd be showing up later, but possibly not until the following day. We need to make the booking in my name to get Explorist late check out, better room etc.

Thanks!
Should be fine once their name is also on the reservation.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
However, there could be an issue if you don't show up until the next day and a bigger issue if you don't show up at all.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, there could be an issue if you don't show up until the next day and a bigger issue if you don't show up at all.
Depends on hotel. US HP and HH should be no problem. China properties will be a big problem if no show since everyone is the room has to have passport and visa scanned..
jinrop likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CIT85
Depends on hotel. US HP and HH should be no problem. China properties will be a big problem if no show since everyone is the room has to have passport and visa scanned..
Agreed, never had the smallest hint of a problem doing this in the US even if I never showed up. Would not try in another country if I was not showing up later, however I have had someone else check in for me on many occasions in SE asia but always joined later that night or the following morning.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
Agreed, never had the smallest hint of a problem doing this in the US even if I never showed up.
Assuming you had your frequent guest account attached to the reservation, what you're describing here is fraud. The Terms and Conditions are crystal clear:

"I. Earning Points
(a) Earning Points as a Registered Guest
2. Must be a Registered Guest at a Point Property. To earn points in connection with a stay, Member must be a registered guest staying at a participating[list of eligible hotel brands]."

and

"The Member must actually check-in and complete the stay for his or her reservation at a Point Property to earn points."
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Assuming you had your frequent guest account attached to the reservation, what you're describing here is fraud. The Terms and Conditions are crystal clear:

"I. Earning Points
(a) Earning Points as a Registered Guest
2. Must be a Registered Guest at a Point Property. To earn points in connection with a stay, Member must be a registered guest staying at a participating[list of eligible hotel brands]."

and

"The Member must actually check-in and complete the stay for his or her reservation at a Point Property to earn points."
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html
Fraud by definition requires an intent to deceive. Missed/cancelled flights happen leading to missing the first night of a stay etc so you can spare us all the soapbox, I was only relaying my experiences the the couple of times I was unable to meet my wife due to difficulties in travel. Nobody is advocating defrauding the program.
Dsm2m2 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
Fraud by definition requires an intent to deceive. Missed/cancelled flights happen leading to missing the first night of a stay etc so you can spare us all the soapbox, I was only relaying my experiences the the couple of times I was unable to meet my wife due to difficulties in travel. Nobody is advocating defrauding the program.
It's not a soapbox to point out potential fraud. Anyone that's spent time here knows that many people repeatedly try to earn points and stay credits without staying at the hotel. You're initial post was not clear that your no-show were related to flights. So, you might not be advocating defrauding the hotel, many other people here at FlyerTalk have in fact done that.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:43 pm

Why do we have to continually have this same exact discussion every few months on this board? Somebody inevitably posts the same question about checking in, then they quickly get a response which should settle it, even though they could have just searched for it a hundred times over. Then inevitably people start saying that checking in and not staying there is fraud etc etc and then the inevitable back-and-forth begins telling people it's fraud, no it isn't, yes it is etc.

Lastly, and most importantly, this question has absolutely nothing to do with Hyatt specifically and doesn't belong on this board. if we're going to beat a dead horse into oblivion a thousand times, at least do it on the appropriate board. The gratuitous mention of US hyatts does not make it about Hyatt because we all know this is just a general hotel question.
Dsm2m2 and ceebee100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.