Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Is there a way for Hyatt Members to check if they have been upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat

Please merge this thread if this question has been asked already.

However, since I am more familiar with Marriott/SPG, I'm asking: In the Mobile app for example on the Marriott side, if a member has been upgraded (ha..ha...), you see that the room type has been modified if you view/refresh your reservation. I am not that familiar with Hyatt and when I view my reservations I just see the original room type that I booked, despite being blocked off in an upgraded room. Is there a way for me to see if I have been upgrade and if so, into what room type?

Feel free to break this up into two answers: 1. Will I see it if I use TSUs (This is what Hyatt calls suite night awards?)? 2. If it is complimentary? And if either is yes, where?

Thank you much in advanced.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Feel free to break this up into two answers: 1. Will I see it if I use TSUs (This is what Hyatt calls suite night awards?)? 2. If it is complimentary? And if either is yes, where?
1. Will I see it if I use TSUs (This is what Hyatt calls suite night awards?) Yes, once TSU is applied and cleared, then your reservation will change to reflect suite with original room rate. This is in reservation details on app and account website.
2. If it is complimentary? No, complementary upgrades will not be displayed anywhere. I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite at HR Orange County, and the reservation detail still showed King room.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
1. Will I see it if I use TSUs (This is what Hyatt calls suite night awards?) Yes, once TSU is applied and cleared, then your reservation will change to reflect suite with original room rate. This is in reservation details on app and account website.
2. If it is complimentary? No, complementary upgrades will not be displayed anywhere. I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite at HR Orange County, and the reservation detail still showed King room.
BTW I am 0/2 with TSUs being reflected in my account on either app or web site (including in the middle of a stay right now)
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
You'll only see TSUs reflected if it's a cash booking or points and cash. For whatever reason, if you book a points only booking and use a suite upgraded, it will not be reflected in the app.

Complementary upgrades are not reflected in the app. Not before checkout nor during. Too bad because the times Hyatt gave me the presidential suite as an upgrade, I've wanted to screenshot that reservation in the app
jameswes likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At some Hyatts, suites are formally booked as two rooms, so if you see something that looks like two rooms on the reservation and especially if you do the early check in on the app or website email link, this is normally good news even though it looks very confusing.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
You'll only see TSUs reflected if it's a cash booking or points and cash. For whatever reason, if you book a points only booking and use a suite upgraded, it will not be reflected in the app.

Complementary upgrades are not reflected in the app. Not before checkout nor during. Too bad because the times Hyatt gave me the presidential suite as an upgrade, I've wanted to screenshot that reservation in the app
This. I've confirmed with Twitter/Concierge that's how it works. For whatever reason on points only bookings it doesn't show the TSU suite and it's annoying.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes
This. I've confirmed with Twitter/Concierge that's how it works. For whatever reason on points only bookings it doesn't show the TSU suite and it's annoying.
You should be able to ask your concierge to add notes to the reservation confirming the TSU and the suite category that was confirmed.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You should be able to ask your concierge to add notes to the reservation confirming the TSU and the suite category that was confirmed.
I email the hotel as soon as the suite upgrade happens to confirm they got it.

I also re-confirm it a month out

It's annoying, but it's stressful when you book a suite and it's not reflected in the reservation. As long as I have two emails of them saying they confirm the suite, I'm good
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
A few weeks back I had a Hyatt twitter rep help me with a reservation and they told me that they hope I enjoy the suite the hotel has me assigned to - so they know it internally, wish they had it displayed in the app!
joe_miami likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.