Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chromecast in room how often does it work for you??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I find it so annoying that the Chromecast in my room almost never seems to work. I have only gotten to work maybe 25% of the time and Everytime I ask the front desk to help there is nothing they can do.

I complained to Hyatt Twitter and got 2k in points which is nice but would rather have the Chromecast work...

Anyone have better luck?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Almost never. I travel with a Roku streaming stick.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
This is your own private Chromecast device that doesn't work when plugged into the TV in the room? That would be weird.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

No it's the one provided by the hotel
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
No it's the one provided by the hotel
I didn't even know they provided that.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
I've used it numerous times whenever I've stayed at Hyatts that offered it (Andaz West Hollywood, Andaz Scottsdale, HP Tucson Central, HP Las Vegas/Silverton, Manchester Grand Hyatt) and it's always worked for me with no problems. FWIW, I always use the Hyatt mobile app to connect my iPhone to Chromecast.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Never gotten them to work, and I have them at home and they work fine. Something about the way they have set them up is borked.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
YouTube No Longer Working on Hyatt Chromecasts Since Late December 2021

Has anyone else experienced YouTube casting to no longer work at Hyatt properties? All that is given is "We're sorry. This app is not available for casting at this time. Please try another app." This has shown up for me at Thompson Dallas on 12/26 and now at Hotel Kansas City on 1/9. I don't think it's an issue with my devices as I have tried multiple.

This is very annoying as my primary content source is YouTube.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Has anyone else experienced YouTube casting to no longer work at Hyatt properties? All that is given is "We're sorry. This app is not available for casting at this time. Please try another app." This has shown up for me at Thompson Dallas on 12/26 and now at Hotel Kansas City on 1/9. I don't think it's an issue with my devices as I have tried multiple.

This is very annoying as my primary content source is YouTube.
yes… experienced this last week. The YouTube icon pops up and then says app not working. Other apps worked. Only stayed one night so wasn’t a big deal.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
yes… experienced this last week. The YouTube icon pops up and then says app not working. Other apps worked. Only stayed one night so wasn’t a big deal.
Thank you! Now that I know it's not just me, I'll send this feedback to my concierge to escalate to the necessary channels.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:43 pm

Stayed at a Disney branded hotel last week that uses the same casting provider (but different overall system) and experienced the same issue.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:18 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Youtube updated their APIs and bunch of other things from January 1st and onwards. It didn't just break on the Hyatt Chromecasts, but also on the Google Home/Amazon Fire streaming.

No word yet on a resolution, but I'm betting a ton of firmware needs to be updated at each Hyatt property
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:48 pm

Yes, three stays in different states in December, exact same issue.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:39 pm

Did some digging - it appears to be a SONIFI system. https://www.sonifi.com/hyatt/
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:49 pm

Also, I couldn't directly cast Chrome web pages either. Was able to during a stay in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.