Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester, UK REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester, UK REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2023, 4:25 am

Bad news about Regency Club lounge

Some more bad news, it doesn’t seem like the RC lounge on level 1 will ever see the light of day. On a recent stay I noticed stickers covering up previous “Regency Club” signage and replaced by “Burgess Room”. Still they have the audacity to both market and sell “club rooms”, and still with a replacement Happy Hour service at the downstairs bar. Really hope they can backtrack this decision, but my gut says they won’t.

Another smaller change is they’re finally making beds “the Hyatt way” after three and a half years of rebranding, namely the pillows are laid flat on top of each other and blankets slightly folded forward, akin to many Hyatt properties around the world. A mere change reflecting brand standards.

Last edited by GeneralTalker1030; Oct 14, 2023 at 4:51 am
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:27 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GeneralTalker1030
Still they have the audacity to both market and sell “club rooms”, and still with a replacement Happy Hour service at the downstairs bar. Really hope they can backtrack this decision, but my gut says they won’t.

It's disappointing that Hyatt doesn't want to crack down on properties selling club-level rooms without open clubs. If a property wants to make a business decision to shut down a club that's fine, but you don't get to sell club access.
Warriorconcept likes this.

Last edited by IAD_flyer; Oct 16, 2023 at 9:28 am Reason: Fix quote tag.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:05 pm

Per email exchange with the GSM the current decision of terminating the RC is permanent, and I was told they would “soon change room types to reflect”. Still I miss a fully-functional club lounge, but at least stop deceiving customers.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GeneralTalker1030
Per email exchange with the GSM the current decision of terminating the RC is permanent, and I was told they would “soon change room types to reflect”. Still I miss a fully-functional club lounge, but at least stop deceiving customers.
And I was just upgraded to club access for a check in tonight. They're so thoughtful ..
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA
After having stayed at this hotel a few times it's not clear to me what advantage the Hyatt Regency has over the Hyatt House. The Hyatt House has free breakfast and bigger rooms akin to a long-term stay hotel, as well as being on the higher floors. Am I missing something?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA, Turkish Airlines
Originally Posted by wiivile
After having stayed at this hotel a few times it's not clear to me what advantage the Hyatt Regency has over the Hyatt House. The Hyatt House has free breakfast and bigger rooms akin to a long-term stay hotel, as well as being on the higher floors. Am I missing something?
In fact, when I stayed the price was cheaper at Hyatt House and for that reason I decided to go with it; as with HR I would have had to pay extra for breakfast. There's no practical difference at all except for the full kitchen, and it looks like the HH is all on higher floor(s) so personally I think the view there is better.
Old Today, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hyatt Globalist
For those who have stayed at the HH - what were the laundry facilities like: where they open and available?
Old Today, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, Turkish Airlines
Originally Posted by a1tj
For those who have stayed at the HH - what were the laundry facilities like: where they open and available?
On the same floor, and access to the room is via your key card. Very straightforward and open 24/hrs. Free of course. Good modern machines.

One thing - reception does not have soap and will not sell or be bribed to provide any. They direct you to the nearest corner shop. Inconvenient in my opinion. It would not be a hassle for them to sell single use detergent. They keep dishwashing tabs at reception for the in-room dishwashers, so don't see why the detergent can't be the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.