Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester, UK REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:03 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

2 new Hyatts announced for Manchester, UK.

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123886Hyatt Announces Plans for First Two Hyatt-Branded Hotels in Manchester: Hyatt Regency Manchester Oxford Road and Hyatt House Manchester/Oxford Road

The developments will mark the entry of Hyatt’s extended stay brand, Hyatt House, into the United Kingdom and the country’s third Hyatt Regency hotel

CHICAGO (September 9, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Ewart Manchester Properties Limited, a majority owned subsidiary of M&L Hospitality, for Hyatt Regency Manchester Oxford Road and Hyatt House Manchester/Oxford Road, both of which will be located in Manchester, UK. The 212-room Hyatt Regency hotel and the 116-room Hyatt House hotel will both be located in the landmark building “The Lume,” and are expected to open in 2020, which would bring the total number of Hyatt-branded hotels in the U.K. to 11 by 2022.

“We are excited to announce plans to work with M&L Hospitality to introduce two of Hyatt’s brands to Manchester.” said Felicity Black-Roberts, vice president of development Europe, Hyatt. “Hyatt has been focused on growing its brand presence in the UK, and with Manchester being one of UK’s most important commercial centers, this is a milestone. Manchester is also a destination that is increasingly gaining popularity with leisure travelers. The location by the university will allow the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House brands to capitalize on two very different, but important, market segments by allowing guests to choose the right setting for their needs.”

Hyatt Regency Manchester Oxford Road will bring the Hyatt Regency brand’s signature empathetic service and energizing experiences to business and leisure guests alike. The 212-room hotel will feature a 120-seat restaurant, bar, club lounge, and a fully equipped 24-hour fitness center. An array of flexible meeting spaces create the perfect backdrop for any occasion, including seven state-of-the-art meeting rooms that can cater to more than 200 delegates.

For travelers looking for an extended visit, Hyatt House Manchester/Oxford Road will provide a fresh approach for long-term guests looking to continue their work and personal routines while on the road. The hotel will provide its guests with spacious, apartment-style living with a modern, comfortable design to make them feel at home.

The hotels will be located in the University Quarter, a 10-minute walk from the city center and in close proximity to the Manchester Oxford Road railway station, which links the city to the rest of northern England. Manchester has been a key part of the “Northern Powerhouse” strategy aimed at driving both major corporations and start-ups to the city. Furthermore, the city receives over one million international visitors a year, demonstrating its global appeal.

“We are proud to be working with Hyatt again to introduce its brands to the global city of Manchester,” said Neil Maxwell, Chief Executive Officer of M&L Hospitality.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:19 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

I did some follow up research. Was surprised, that these 2 hotels should already open next year. "The Lume" as mentioned in the article is already open, so I bet it's a rebranding from IHG; Crowne Plaza (https://www.thelumemanchester.com/) and Staybridge Suites (https://www.on-magazine.co.uk/travel...me-manchester/)

I copy/pasted a couple of pictures, should this website disappear in the near future

craigthemif and mk712 like this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 9, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:40 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

yep, a reflagging.

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/deve...-uk-dual-brand

An affiliate of Hyatt Hotels Corp. has entered into a management agreement with Ewart Manchester Properties Ltd., a majority-owned subsidiary of M&L Hospitality, to open a dual-brand property: a 212-room Hyatt Regency Manchester Oxford Road and a 116-room Hyatt House Manchester/Oxford Road.

The hotel will be a reflagging of the existing Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites in the city's Lume building, which opened about a year ago. The rebranded hotels are expected to open in 2020, and will help bring the number of Hyatt-branded hotels in the U.K. to 11 by 2022.

Felicity Black-Roberts, VP/development-Europe, Hyatt, said the company has been focused on growing its brand presence in the U.K. "With Manchester being one of the U.K.s most important commercial centers, this is a milestone," she said. "Manchester is also a destination that is increasingly gaining popularity with leisure travelers. The location by the university will allow the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House brands to capitalize on two very different, but important, market segments."
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA
This is exciting, seem like well located hotels in my favorite European city near the universities. Surprised to see a Hyatt House and Hyatt Regency on top of each other. I wonder which one to go for during my upcoming trip? Hyatt House has a laundry room (my favorite amenity on long trips) and Hyatt Regency has a club lounge....... both Category 2 which is great and puts them in line with similar hotels in Manchester.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:26 am

A quick FYI for those of you who don't follow the IHG forum. There's a big thread on the property over there:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ing-hyatt.html

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice. And it's a nice property. And they granted complimentary access to a reasonably-good club lounge (which is nice from the perspective of an IHG member, as club access is not a written status benefit).

The dual property had ridiculously low rates at times. I'm fairly confident they're switching in the hope of increasing ADR (average daily rate), RevPar (revenue per available room), and the occupancy rate.

IHG had strong coverage in Manchester even before this dual property opened, whereas Hyatt is under-serving the UK market.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:11 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Officially opened https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123930

Hyatt Regency Manchester and Hyatt House Manchester Officially Open

The opening marks the first two Hyatt-branded hotels in the city, and the debut of the Hyatt House brand in the United Kingdom
CHICAGO (January 10, 2020)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the opening of the 212-room Hyatt Regency Manchester and 116-room Hyatt House Manchester in the city’s landmark building “The Lume.” The openings represent a significant milestone for Hyatt’s brand growth in the U.K. and the debut of Hyatt’s extended stay segment, the Hyatt House brand.

Hyatt Regency Manchester offers empathetic service that anticipates the needs of guests and event planners to ensure they have a seamless and personalized experience. The hotel will stay true to the brand promise of making travel free from stress by providing guests everything they need under one roof. Hyatt House Manchester is designed to make guests feel at home, offering residents spacious, apartment-style living paired with amenities that help them maintain work and personal routines while on the road.

• Hyatt House Manchester Suite Kitchenette

• Hyatt Regency Manchester Atrium and Bar

• Hyatt Regency Manchester Lobby

• Exterior of Hyatt Regency Manchester and Hyatt House Manchester

Situated in the Innovation District on the Oxford Road Corridor, both hotels are close to Manchester’s major transportation hubs and provide easy access to major attractions such as the Manchester Museum, the Whitworth Art Gallery and the world-famous football stadiums of Manchester United F.C and Manchester City F.C.

“We look forward to welcoming guests to the first Hyatt hotels in Manchester – one of the UK’s most multicultural cities and a hub for innovative start-ups,” said Assumpta McDonald, general manager of Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester. “A city popular for leisure and business travelers, Manchester and its growing commercial center is an ideal destination for having two brands within one building. Located in close proximity to the University, the city center and a number of tourist attractions, we believe that both hotels will attract business and leisure travelers alike.”

The properties offer a variety of shared facilities, including The Laureate Restaurant, The Graduate Bar, seven state-of-the-art meeting rooms and a fully equipped 24-hour fitness center. Additionally, guests staying at Hyatt House Manchester have access to the Omelet Bar and the 24/7 H Market.

Guestrooms

Hyatt Regency Manchester offers 212 contemporary guestrooms and suites, all featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with city views. Guests can opt for Regency Club rooms or suites and enjoy additional amenities including complimentary breakfast, evening cocktails, and canaps.

For travelers looking for an extended stay, Hyatt House Manchester offers 116 studios and one-bedroom suites, all featuring fully equipped kitchens, free wi-fi and stylish living and working spaces. Guests of the hotel can also enjoy 24-hour access to complimentary laundry facilities, inclusive breakfast, and the 24/7 H Market.

Dining and Drinking

Hyatt Regency Manchester and Hyatt House Manchester share two distinctive gastronomic offerings – The Laureate Restaurant and The Graduate Bar.

The Laureate Restaurant boasts a menu that celebrates Manchester as one of the UK’s most multicultural cities. Executive chef Nathaniel Farrell serves inspiring, seasonally curated dishes combining fresh, locally sourced ingredients. While the name pays tribute to the world-leading educational institutions on its doorstep, the dcor makes The Laureate the perfect spot for guests and locals alike to gather, recharge and dine.

Aptly named to reflect the academic brilliance of the hotel’s surroundings, The Graduate Bar is a vibrant, airy oasis inspiring guests and locals to relax and unwind. It offers cocktails, quality beers and gourmet bites.

Exclusively accessible for guests of Hyatt House Manchester, the H Market is open 24/7 and provides a range of groceries and on-the-go snacks. Guests can also enjoy access to the Omelet Bar, offering a chef-inspired omelet of the day or the option to create one to their own liking each morning.

Meetings and Events

Hyatt Regency Manchester offers an array of flexible meeting spaces, with seven state-of-the-art meeting rooms. The hotel pays tribute to some of Manchester's best-known academics, naming the meeting rooms after famous alumni and those working closely with the University. These include former chief executive of Manchester City Council Sir Howard Bernstein and renowned mathematician Alan Turing, best known for his work in breaking the German Enigma code during World War II.

Hyatt House Manchester offers two intimate event spaces: The Conservatory and The Living Room, both located on the 18th floor of the hotel.

The varied selection of meeting spaces offered by the two hotels provide guests of both properties the option to book from a range of options to ensure a seamless environment for every event. The meeting rooms are equipped with LCD projectors and screens for presentations, and the on-site business center is open 24 hours a day. Additionally, all meeting rooms and event spaces offer expert catering services.

Hyatt Regency Manchester and Hyatt House Manchester are the seventh and eighth Hyatt-branded hotels to open in the U.K., alongside Andaz London Liverpool Street, Hyatt Regency Birmingham, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill, Hyatt Place West London/Hayes, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport and the recently opened The Great Scotland Yard Hotel.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: BA
Not accepting my club access certificates. Phone rep said it's because they're not required to accept them. I call BS, since they have club rooms available, and will give them the benefit of the doubt that the hotel just opened and they don't know what club access certificates are.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by wiivile
Not accepting my club access certificates. Phone rep said it's because they're not required to accept them. I call BS, since they have club rooms available, and will give them the benefit of the doubt that the hotel just opened and they don't know what club access certificates are.
Since this is a convert from a IHG, I wouldn't surprised if the phone reps aren't up to speed on Hyatt system.

Update:
I noticed on the website they allow 12k awards which includes club access, so they definitely have to allow club access certs. If contacting the hotel doesn't work for now, I would just call Hyatt Global Reservations and have them apply the club cert.

Last edited by cvseuy; Jan 10, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:16 am

Quick review

Just spent two nights at the HR Manchester so thought Id post a couple of quick thoughts, sorry I didnt take photos.

Firstly overall a good stay and property, welcome addition to Manchester. Being both a Hyatt Globalist and Hilton Diamond options in Manchester were limited and both of the Hilton properties are IMO not maintained very well and showing too much wear and tear.

Depending on where you need/want to be in Manchester the location could be a little out of the way. Although to be fair it is only a short walk (15mins) into the heart of the city and all the bars/resteraunts as well as Piccadilly station.

I got upgraded to Regency Suite which was a nice two room suite, since the property is around 1 year old condition was excellent, bed very comfortable, separate shower, tub,. The lounge is on the 1st floor offered decent selection of canapes in the evening and unlike the Hilton Deansgate at weekend its not a zoo with people fighting for food and alcohol. Breakfast in the morning in the main restaurant was excellent, didnt use the lounge for breakfast either day. Had some issues with WiFI neither PC or iPhone would connect for a few hours despite the Wi-Fi network working for others. In the end the problem resolved itself so unclear what the issue was. Also seemed to have spotty performance and support for VPN so maybe something to check out on next visit.

Overall good stay and property, only downside is location (at least for me) I prefer to be a little more central but given the quality of the property likely will switch from the Hilton options to HR.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:34 am
Suspended

Looks like prices went up quite a bit since the reflag.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Looks like prices went up quite a bit since the reflag.
Prices seem very variable, I assume based on what is happening in the city.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
Prices seem very variable, I assume based on what is happening in the city.
Variability is not particularly high. Compare to the Hilton Deansgate, for example, which has considerably more variable pricing. (I recommend using Google Hotels, such a wonderful new tool.) Or compare to the Principal, which is nearby and also has prices fluctuating more strongly.

In any case, the entry-level price for the HR is now GBP 114 (member rate without breakfast). That's about GBP 30-40 higher than the floor of the rate we saw on IHG.com while it was still a CP.

And I'm talking non-sale prices. During sales, prices for the CP were as low as GBP 60. I had a stay there in September '19 which was GBP 67.20 including breakfast.

I will follow this. The Hyatt's location is pretty ideal for Manchester U. Maybe revenue management at Hyatt is playing it conservatively given the little history they've got. While it's a fact that entry-level prices have gone up, there are very few dates with peak prices (the highest I'm seeing is GBP 255 for a "member rate advance" but that's just on one day).
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:36 am
Suspended

Rates coming down for some nearby dates. Since the last time I checked, they loaded an opening offer which includes a bottle of prosecco, early check-in, and late check-out. Opening offer as low as GBP 88 for the HH (on February 26) and GBP 88 for the HR as well (on March 1).
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Rates coming down for some nearby dates. Since the last time I checked, they loaded an opening offer which includes a bottle of prosecco, early check-in, and late check-out. Opening offer as low as GBP 88 for the HH (on February 26) and GBP 88 for the HR as well (on March 1).
The offer does seem to vary in price by date. It is valid when booked between 17 Feb and 18 April for stays 25 Feb to 30 April
Old Mar 27, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Has anyone who's stayed here (Regency and/or House) have any opinions on which they like better (rooms, breakfast, otherwise)? HH looks to have a beautiful guest lounge on the 18th floor and HH-style breakfast (with omelets). HR has the club lounge, with whatever they serve (I'm not quite sure).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.