Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt account shut down by Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ost27511039Did
#366 Did OP mention this? DSU means OP was a Globalist(Diamond)? How did OP obtain the Globalist(Diamond) status without staying at Hyatt hotels much(OP claimed)?

Last edited by westlaker; Jul 20, 2019 at 12:09 pm Reason: Corrected to #366
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by westlaker
#336 Did OP mention this? DSU means OP was a Globalist(Diamond)? How did OP obtain the Globalist(Diamond) status without staying at Hyatt hotels much(OP claimed)?
I was a Diamond in the past, too. I am sure if you dig into my post history you will find evidence. Now I am a Discoverist. Not sure how digging up a 2016 post is helpful in providing advice to the OP (and that’s what this thread should be about).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:29 am

I think the bottom line here is we are missing a large chunk of information. Whether it's the OPs fault or not cannot be determined when we are only getting snippets of the story from ONE side. Outside of contacting executives directly (which is what I would do if I were the OP - AND assuming I believe I really did nothing wrong to deserve the shut down) then the OPs only option is to contact Hyatt Consumer Affairs.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I was a Diamond in the past, too. I am sure if you dig into my post history you will find evidence. Now I am a Discoverist. Not sure how digging up a 2016 post is helpful in providing advice to the OP (and that’s what this thread should be about).
OP claim he or she didn't stay at Hyatt much at all. Then how did OP obtain Diamond status? Not sure why you bring up your status or past post which has nothing to do OP's account shutdown.

Last edited by westlaker; Jul 20, 2019 at 11:48 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
OP claim he or she didn't stay at Hyatt much at all. Then how did OP obtain Diamond status? Not sure why you bring up your status or past post which has nothing to do OP's account shutdown.
2015 Hyatt Status Match contest from other top tier programs comes to mind.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
#336 Did OP mention this? DSU means OP was a Globalist(Diamond)? How did OP obtain the Globalist(Diamond) status without staying at Hyatt hotels much(OP claimed)?
It's post #366 , not #336 .

Maybe all of the transferring points is to get them into the highest status accounts.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's post #366 , not #336 .

Maybe all of the transferring points is to get them into the highest status accounts.
Thanks for the correction. It's safe to say OP has done at least two status matching(might be more) to Hyatt in the last several years. The Hyatt to Mlife and Mlife back to Hyatt could be viewed as violating the Hyatt program terms.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Thanks for the correction. It's safe to say OP has done at least two status matching(might be more) to Hyatt in the last several years. The Hyatt to Mlife and Mlife back to Hyatt could be viewed as violating the Hyatt program terms.
Can you elaborate on how tier matching back and forth is in violation of Hyatt program terms? Haven't heard any reports or data points that would indicate that.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:49 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by easy_money
Can you elaborate on how tier matching back and forth is in violation of Hyatt program terms? Haven't heard any reports or data points that would indicate that.
There’s definitely a small population of us here on FT that have been matching back and forth between Hyatt and MLife and no reports of being shut down for it, so I am skeptical that is what would have caused this shut down.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dw

There’s definitely a small population of us here on FT that have been matching back and forth between Hyatt and MLife and no reports of being shut down for it, so I am skeptical that is what would have caused this shut down.
There's always a first one......especially if OP did something else to attract attention to his/her/their account(s).
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I don’t stay at Hyatt much at all these days. I did have Diamond status in the past (so, back then I did stay at Hyatt a lot). Looks to me that could be the OP’s situation, too. So why did you bring up the OP’s post from 2016 - how does it contradict the statements made in this thread about status and stay frequency? You seem to be looking for ways to call the OP non-truthful. And how is it helpful to the OP?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I think you need to contact Hyatt and get more details as to the reasoning. I would call customer service and ask to be transferred to consumer affairs.
I think this is right. No one here will be able to do more than speculate. If consumer affairs doesn’t offer an explanation, depending on how much you value your loss (points, opportunity to transfer points from UR, ...) you could escalate to a higher management level (up to CEO) or file a consumer complaint with the likes of your state attorney general’s office (that may not lead to anything other than perhaps some extra scrutiny and work for Hyatt). As a free agent, I personally would just take my business elsewhere. Unlike with airlines where limited competition, geography and route networks may have a lock-in effect, hotels are fairly interchangeable in almost all locations.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I don’t stay at Hyatt much at all these days. I did have Diamond status in the past (so, back then I did stay at Hyatt a lot). Looks to me that could be the OP’s situation, too. So why did you bring up the OP’s post from 2016 - how does it contradict the statements made in this thread about status and stay frequency? You seem to be looking for ways to call the OP non-truthful. And how is it helpful to the OP?

OP's past Hyatt status and how OP obtained the Hyatt status are both important parts of the puzzle why Hyatt shutdown OP's account. OP stated "We don't even stay at Hyatt that often. " Do you really think Hyatt didn't look into how OP obtained Hyatt status before shutdown OP's account? I never call OP non-truthful btw. I have pointed out the possible reason of the shutdown which will be helpful for other Hyatt frequent guests.

Last edited by westlaker; Jul 20, 2019 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's always a first one......especially if OP did something else to attract attention to his/her/their account(s).
Or if there are two or three accounts at the same address doing that.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1

But, with loyalty programs where people have accumulated points and status, those golden handcuffs do constitute an identifiable loss. Someone with several hundred thousand points in an account who finds himself at zero has lost the opportunity to stay for "free" (or at least without spending much cash) for some number of nights.
Obviously... but the OP has no points cause they all go to her husband, no status (except matched from mlife, presumably matched from Caesars) and only uses the one Chase night per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.