FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt account shut down by Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1979088-hyatt-account-shut-down-hyatt.html)

apple1122 Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Hyatt account shut down by Hyatt

Hi,

We have two Hyatt accounts got shut down/closed by Hyatt. I called Hyatt and was told we violated the program. Below is what I got from Twitter Hyatt Concierge.

"Your account has been marked as inactive due to violations of our Program’s Terms. As noted in our World of Hyatt terms and conditions, “Hyatt may immediately, without notice, limit or terminate your membership if you violate these Terms or any other applicable additional terms or appear to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or the intent of the Program.” Specific evidence of such violations of our Terms include the buying and selling of program benefits, tier status, and membership accounts and/or providing false data either at the time of enrollment into the World of Hyatt program, or in order to gain status or benefits to which you are not entitled. You may review our full terms online: http://spr.ly/6012Ea0LO . Your account will remain inactive at this time as a result of these prohibited actions."

But the thing is my only transaction was to transfer some points from my account to my husband's account back in March. And we did not receive any notification or email from Hyatt that our accounts will be shut down. At the end, the Hyatt Rep just hung me up and refuse to help me. Anyone had similar experience? Any ways to reinstate our accounts? At the point, I still don't know what we did that got our accounts shut down.

Thanks.

azepine00 Jul 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Sorry to hear that.
Where did your points come from?
Do your and husband addresses match?

This is very unusual - I can only imagine suspected fraud - buing/selling etc as a reason - you may have to write up the chain of command to resolve.

apple1122 Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm

We have the same address. I transferred points from my chase account to my hyatt account. Then transferred to my husband's account. And also, it looks like my sister's account is shut down too.

They would not provide any details on why the accounts were shut down.

dayone Jul 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Do all closed accounts have US addresses?

westlaker Jul 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Did you book lots of hotel nights with the points? It's hard for me to believe that just transfer some points from one account from another triggered the shutdown.

ZBigFam Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm

There is part of the story that is missing. Perhaps the points were suspected to be fraudulently gained?

AirbusFan2B Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122 (Post 31318804)
Hi,

We have two Hyatt accounts got shut down/closed by Hyatt. I called Hyatt and was told we violated the program. Below is what I got from Twitter Hyatt Concierge.

"Your account has been marked as inactive due to violations of our Program’s Terms. As noted in our World of Hyatt terms and conditions, “Hyatt may immediately, without notice, limit or terminate your membership if you violate these Terms or any other applicable additional terms or appear to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or the intent of the Program.” Specific evidence of such violations of our Terms include the buying and selling of program benefits, tier status, and membership accounts and/or providing false data either at the time of enrollment into the World of Hyatt program, or in order to gain status or benefits to which you are not entitled. You may review our full terms online: http://spr.ly/6012Ea0LO . Your account will remain inactive at this time as a result of these prohibited actions."

But the thing is my only transaction was to transfer some points from my account to my husband's account back in March. And we did not receive any notification or email from Hyatt that our accounts will be shut down. At the end, the Hyatt Rep just hung me up and refuse to help me. Anyone had similar experience? Any ways to reinstate our accounts? At the point, I still don't know what we did that got our accounts shut down.

Thanks.

OP - get US legal advice! Your attorney can explain the implications from actions you may have taken.

RedSun Jul 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122 (Post 31318847)
We have the same address. I transferred points from my chase account to my hyatt account. Then transferred to my husband's account. And also, it looks like my sister's account is shut down too.

They would not provide any details on why the accounts were shut down.

Clearly Hyatt knows something about your extended family. Either you do not know, or you did not tell. I do not think transferring benefit goes to extended family members. Only Globalist have the benefits of "Guest of Honor".

joe_miami Jul 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Without a doubt, there's more to this story.

apple1122 Jul 18, 2019 10:26 pm

We don't even stay at Hyatt that often. Like I said the only transaction in my account this year was transfer points from my chase account to my Hyatt account, then I transferred the points to my husband's account and book one stay at Macau. Last year I used my chase free night certificate to book one night stay at Hawaii and that was it.

Originally Posted by westlaker (Post 31319122)
Did you book lots of hotel nights with the points? It's hard for me to believe that just transfer some points from one account from another triggered the shutdown.

No, only one stay with free night certificate last year and 3 night with points this year.

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 31319333)
Clearly Hyatt knows something about your extended family. Either you do not know, or you did not tell. I do not think transferring benefit goes to extended family members. Only Globalist have the benefits of "Guest of Honor".

I told everything I know. Nothing to hide here.

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 31319039)
Do all closed accounts have US addresses?

Yes all US address with the same last name. We don't even do lot of points transfer between accounts either. And never booked stay for other people before.

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 31319333)

We were Explorist not Globalist. Status matched from MGM.

joe_miami Jul 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122 (Post 31319373)
Yes all US address with the same last name. We don't even do lot of points transfer between accounts either. And never booked stay for other people before.

Does your sister have the same address?

apple1122 Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

No, different address, but I never transferred points to her account before. She booked 2 night in Tokyo and one night in Taipei last December. No activities since.

joe_miami Jul 18, 2019 10:47 pm

That's odd. How would Hyatt even know you're related?

apple1122 Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm

No idea. Probably my sister and I had the same address before?

joe_miami Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm

The story makes no sense as presented. I can't recall the last Hyatt shutdown report, let alone an erroneous Hyatt shutdown report. (And shutting down all known relatives is much more of a Chase thing than a Hyatt thing.) You either had very bad luck or there's more to the story.