Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Stayed here last night (Saturday). We were having dinner out in Jersey City and I had DSU to burn, so it seemed a good deal.

Confirmed into a Hudson Suite; I requested early check-in at 2 p.m. but the room wasn't ready until 3. We were given room 504 which was ADA compliant. There was a connecting door to the room next door in the bedroom but we didn't experience any noise from there (more on noise in a bit).

The suite has great views and is very spacious in both the bedroom and huge living room. There were two complimentary bottles of water in the mini-fridge. I went to the deli across from the PATH station to get some additional drinks/snacks for the room; they are open until 3 p.m. on Saturdays and closed on Sundays). There's decent coffee all weekend at Gregory's (also next to the deli) and there's also a Starbucks. During the weekday, there's a CVS in the Harborside Financial Center lobby just next to the hotel along with some small restaurants and an espresso cart (modcup).

The bathroom is a little small and has only one sink. I was really annoyed by how little water pressure there was for the shower (it only has a handheld option); it wasn't strong enough to push water out if you held the unit facing up.

The hotel is really popular for weddings; last night was no exception. The ballroom/lounge on the top/9th floor is in high demand. We were four floors directly under the ballroom and could still hear the music when we were going to bed. There is a white noise unit in the bedroom, so we used that to mask the noise, but if you are at all noise sensitive and staying on a weekend you will want to bring earplugs. Strangely, I don't remember the noise being a problem when we stayed in the Empire Suite on the 8th floor.

Breakfast at Vu was unremarkable but fine.

Reminder to all that the PATH is closed on weekends between 33rd Street and New Jersey until at least December 19, 2016. If you want to get to/from NYC to the hotel via PATH, you will need to route through the World Trade Center.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 20, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed here a few weeks ago for a Fri-Sat stay using a DSU and there was not one, not two but THREE weddings. I had been blissfully unaware of the potential noise since I had lucked out being there during the week previously. I also had luckily recent been at the Hyatt Mag Mile so I had some ear plugs in my suitcase. I have made a mental note to beware of wedding season for weekend DSUs.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Reminder to all that the PATH is closed on weekends between 33rd Street and New Jersey until at least December 19, 2016. If you want to get to/from NYC to the hotel via PATH, you will need to route through the World Trade Center.
Thanks for the reminder. I had been aware but had forgotten, and hope to travel from 33rd Street to this hotel on Christmas Day. If there is a delay in restoring the service, do you have any recommendation for getting to the hotel from New York Penn Station? Would subway to World Trade Center be my best bet? Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:54 am

PATH has a holiday schedule that supersedes any weekend work. On Christmas Day, you should be able to take PATH from 33rd Street to Exchange Place (via Hoboken and then transferring at Newport). The alternative would be taking the R Train from Herald Square or the A, C, or E Trains from Penn Station to Fulton Street (or World Trade Center for the E). All but the E train transfers to PATH under street level and out of the weather.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, FlyinHawaiian. I was not aware of the holiday schedule taking precedence. That's good news for me.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:59 pm

Hi,

I booked one night (12/14) at HR JC using P+C with DSU and the second night (12/15)using the Chase free night certificate (category 1-4) before HR JC became category 5 hotel. there was only one night available that I could use the P+C with DSU. How likely will the hotel let me stay in the same suite/room for our stay?

I believe DSU is used on the Hudson Suite, has there been any report being further upgrade to a better suite using DSU?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122
I believe DSU is used on the Hudson Suite, has there been any report being further upgrade to a better suite using DSU?
I was upgraded to the Empire Suite (Room 804) a few years ago using a DSU. It's ridiculously huge.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22399042-post278.html

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 22, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I was upgraded to the Empire Suite (Room 804) a few years ago using a DSU. It's ridiculously huge.

I have gotten both the Hudson River Suite which is typical DSU and also a further upgrade to the Empire Suite on I think it was the fourth floor which actually has a big patio and as noted it is very large. The Hudson River Suite has a balcony and is a decent size suite and definitely not a bad use of a DSU.

If you are there on a weekend when there is a wedding there is zero chance you will get a further upgrade but if it happens to be during the week, your odds are better (especially if its just a one night stay)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:53 pm

I just added a link to my stay in Room 804.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:01 pm

Thanks! It looks great! hopefully I will have the same luck!

Did you hear any noise from the 8th floor? I heard 9th floor is the ball room and can be noisy?

I just added a link to my stay in Room 804.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:56 pm

Yes, in my linked post I mentioned hearing noise that ended around 11. It's funny, but I don't remember it being that bad. This past weekend's noise, four floors below, was loud enough that I am sure 804 would have been thumping. I've been to events in the ballroom and the dance floor is pretty much right above the bedroom of 804. I wouldn't be surprised if the hotel blocks this room on weekends unless you are a member of the party above.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

I had a gift card issue that took some long time on the call to resolve.

I had two stays. During the first stay, I used a hyat gift card. It had a remaining balance. For some reason the FDA said he couldn’t give it back to me but had to reissue a new card with the same balance. Odd but that’s fine.

One week later, at the end of the 2nd stay, I tried to use it. The balance came up as zero. Not sure why, but probably the first FDA didn’t do it right. No problem. The front desk manager charged the credit card and promised to refund it with the balance that should have been on the gift card.

Refund didn’t come through. So I called back, talked to another front desk manager and reiterated the whole story. He promised to call me back in 2 hours.

No call came. So I had to call again and no one had a clue about previous interactions. Fortunately this time finally got hold of someone that understood and cared enough to solve it on the spot.

But what’s going on with the other folks before her? It might be complicated, but shouldn’t they at least have called me back to communicate? Should I be frustrated?

The catch is, I’m still going back there as this is almost my only choice in this area. Oh well.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lancexfang
I had a gift card issue that took some long time on the call to resolve.

I had two stays. During the first stay, I used a hyat gift card. It had a remaining balance. For some reason the FDA said he couldn’t give it back to me but had to reissue a new card with the same balance. Odd but that’s fine.

One week later, at the end of the 2nd stay, I tried to use it. The balance came up as zero. Not sure why, but probably the first FDA didn’t do it right. No problem. The front desk manager charged the credit card and promised to refund it with the balance that should have been on the gift card.

Refund didn’t come through. So I called back, talked to another front desk manager and reiterated the whole story. He promised to call me back in 2 hours.

No call came. So I had to call again and no one had a clue about previous interactions. Fortunately this time finally got hold of someone that understood and cared enough to solve it on the spot.

But what’s going on with the other folks before her? It might be complicated, but shouldn’t they at least have called me back to communicate? Should I be frustrated?

The catch is, I’m still going back there as this is almost my only choice in this area. Oh well.
I always go through Hyatt Concierge via Twitter with my billing issues and they are AMAZING
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lancexfang
It might be complicated, but shouldn’t they at least have called me back to communicate? Should I be frustrated?
Yes. Yes.

Jersey City on the Hudson was a quirky place during my one multi-day stay. Nonetheless, if not for World of Hurt, I would stay there again.

I have had a Hyatt gift card and probably would not get another one, even before World of Hurt. Eventually, I was made whole (except for time), but the savings were not worth the aggravation.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

i stayed once at 704 and 404 each. 704 is nice enough, which I believe would be similar to other x04 rooms. but 404 is special with the aforementioned huge deck looking towards Manhattan. I'm sure it will be great in the summer. Interior wise it's better than 704 too, with excellent water pressure to boot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.