Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt account shut down by Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do we really all have to jump in with a "blame the OP"?

Quite frankly, if you almost never stay with Hyatt, don't have a points balance that has been confiscated, etc. then just let it go. I would just accept the message that Hyatt doesn't want you as a customer for some reason and move on.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:41 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Do we really all have to jump in with a "blame the OP"?

Quite frankly, if you almost never stay with Hyatt, don't have a points balance that has been confiscated, etc. then just let it go. I would just accept the message that Hyatt doesn't want you as a customer for some reason and move on.
Where we "blame the OP"?? Does not make sense at all. We all try to understand since this is very odd and does not make sense.

Why you want to move on from this is if OP believes they did nothing wrong? OP needs to get name cleared and account restored.
BearX220, ryandc99 and invalyd like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:12 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by apple1122
No idea. Probably my sister and I had the same address before?
You need to talk to your sister about this since her account was shut down too. I believe she is part of this.

Below are the T&C of point transfer. One of the important requirements is that the point transfer is for "redeem a particular award". If you transfer your points to your husband, he transfers the points to your sister etc. and she let the points sitting there not for redemption, then it is cause for account "abuse". It would be suspicion of point selling or trading.

One trick people use to abuse the "transfer" is to change address to the same address. Make the transfer with the same address. Wait for some time (2 months?), then change address back. Hyatt may suspect this is what your sister and you (or your husband) were doing this. Your sister and you can have different last names.

Member may combine the necessary number of points from their World of Hyatt account with those in one other speci.cally designated World of Hyatt account in order to have a suf.cient number of points to redeem a particular award. A single member may only participate in a point combining transaction (transferring or receiving of points) once every 30 days. In order to combine points, the following requirements must be met:1. Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points.2. A World of Hyatt Point Combining Request Form must be completed and signed by both World of Hyatt members and submitted to World of Hyatt Customer Service. Forms are available by calling 1.800.544.9288/402.593.8615 or by visiting worldofhyatt.com.3. Points may be combined into only one member's account for redemption. Once issued in the designated member's name, the member transferring the points will relinquish all rights to the combined points. Only the number of points necessary to redeem the speci.c award for which the transfer is being requested may be combined. To book an award reservation using combined points, call World of Hyatt Customer Service at 1.800.544.9288/402.593.8615 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center. World of Hyatt free night awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Standard Rate. Standard rooms are de.ned by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts. World of Hyatt award reservations are subject to the reservation requirements of the individual hotel, such as length of stay
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSun
You need to talk to your sister about this since her account was shut down too. I believe she is part of this.

Below are the T&C of point transfer. One of the important requirements is that the point transfer is for "redeem a particular award". If you transfer your points to your husband, he transfers the points to your sister etc. and she let the points sitting there not for redemption, then it is cause for account "abuse". It would be suspicion of point selling or trading.

One trick people use to abuse the "transfer" is to change address to the same address. Make the transfer with the same address. Wait for some time (2 months?), then change address back. Hyatt may suspect this is what your sister and you (or your husband) were doing this. Your sister and you can have different last names.

Member may combine the necessary number of points from their World of Hyatt account with those in one other speci.cally designated World of Hyatt account in order to have a suf.cient number of points to redeem a particular award. A single member may only participate in a point combining transaction (transferring or receiving of points) once every 30 days. In order to combine points, the following requirements must be met:1. Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points.2. A World of Hyatt Point Combining Request Form must be completed and signed by both World of Hyatt members and submitted to World of Hyatt Customer Service. Forms are available by calling 1.800.544.9288/402.593.8615 or by visiting worldofhyatt.com.3. Points may be combined into only one member's account for redemption. Once issued in the designated member's name, the member transferring the points will relinquish all rights to the combined points. Only the number of points necessary to redeem the speci.c award for which the transfer is being requested may be combined. To book an award reservation using combined points, call World of Hyatt Customer Service at 1.800.544.9288/402.593.8615 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center. World of Hyatt free night awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Standard Rate. Standard rooms are de.ned by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts. World of Hyatt award reservations are subject to the reservation requirements of the individual hotel, such as length of stay
What I dont understand is why the OP transferred from Chase to their Hyatt acct then to the husband, since tehy have the same address (at time seven when you dont) All she had to do was add her husband to her Chase UR acct , and move the pts from 1 Chase acct to the other

Or why even get the husbands acct involved move the pts from Chase to Hyatt then to the sisters acct, why the need to 1st move to the husbands?

Also although Hyatt t&cs says for a redemption well it doesnt say for an immediate redemption, Im assuming the sister either simply let the pts remain in her acct and didnt further transfer them

I just cant understand why the OP had to scratch her right ear with her left hand, when she simply could have used her right hand. If theers no more to it then what the OP has said it just doesnt amke sense for Hyatt to have done what it did, and Hyatt isnt AA where they simply close up accts till you ptove yourself innocent
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think you need to contact Hyatt and get more details as to the reasoning. I would call customer service and ask to be transferred to consumer affairs.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
What I dont understand is why the OP transferred from Chase to their Hyatt acct then to the husband, since tehy have the same address (at time seven when you dont) All she had to do was add her husband to her Chase UR acct , and move the pts from 1 Chase acct to the other

Or why even get the husbands acct involved move the pts from Chase to Hyatt then to the sisters acct, why the need to 1st move to the husbands?

Also although Hyatt t&cs says for a redemption well it doesnt say for an immediate redemption, Im assuming the sister either simply let the pts remain in her acct and didnt further transfer them

I just cant understand why the OP had to scratch her right ear with her left hand, when she simply could have used her right hand. If theers no more to it then what the OP has said it just doesnt amke sense for Hyatt to have done what it did, and Hyatt isnt AA where they simply close up accts till you ptove yourself innocent
Adding the husband to the Chase account adds to the 5/24 total, among other things.

For me and my wife, we prefer the Hyatt transfer path to the Chase one.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Adding the husband to the Chase account adds to the 5/24 total, among other things.

Ditto—this is also how my husband and I do the transfer, and it’s never been an issue.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether the spouse or sister ever sold Hyatt points, dealt with a broker, or gave an award to someone who did.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I think Mlife part has something to do with it. Were all of your family accouts Explorist?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
Where we "blame the OP"?? Does not make sense at all. We all try to understand since this is very odd and does not make sense.

Why you want to move on from this is if OP believes they did nothing wrong? OP needs to get name cleared and account restored.
Most of the posts in this thread are to a greater or lesser extent trying to tease out what the OP did to attract an account shutdown. With Flyertalk that is very rarely about "understanding" and quite frequently about "you only have yourself to blame".

And perhaps we have a different view on buyer/seller relationships, but when a merchant decides they don't want me as a customer for no apparent reason, I don't fight for my "right" to spend more money with them, I move on to a company that does want my business...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
OP mentioned Mlife match. I believe that's a loophole. Some people even did multiple times to match from Hyatt to Mlife and Mlife back to hyatt to extend status. Unfortunately, OP didn't clarify any details on that. It's very rare for Hyatt to shutdown accounts.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
i dont think it has to do with giving GOH. I have done several for close friends (without any payments for me) since this benefit was given. No problem (yet).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern

Chase allows UR transfer to members of the same household without being added as an AU.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Most of the posts in this thread are to a greater or lesser extent trying to tease out what the OP did to attract an account shutdown. With Flyertalk that is very rarely about "understanding" and quite frequently about "you only have yourself to blame".

And perhaps we have a different view on buyer/seller relationships, but when a merchant decides they don't want me as a customer for no apparent reason, I don't fight for my "right" to spend more money with them, I move on to a company that does want my business...
That is true for one-off transactions. Especially because there are many other hotels in the world.

But, with loyalty programs where people have accumulated points and status, those golden handcuffs do constitute an identifiable loss. Someone with several hundred thousand points in an account who finds himself at zero has lost the opportunity to stay for "free" (or at least without spending much cash) for some number of nights.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by craz
My only guess here is there may have been games on the UR side? For one, I would prefer a Hyatt transfer between my wife and I, as opposed to a UR transfer, simply to avoid any scrutiny on the UR side. For reference, 95% of my UR spend is fine and 5% is category shifting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.