Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Diamond
Hyatt Regency New Orleans

I just completed a booking for a 3 night stay at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans checking in on New Years Eve is this year. I was surprised that not only were points bookings were available, but they were still showing all levels of suites available as well. After making the reservation, I called World of Hyatt to apply a DSU. The Hyatt representative was very helpful but when she tried to apply the suite upgrade, she was told by the hotel that they only confirm suite upgrades one week prior to the date of stay. Of course by that time I am sure they will not have suites available. Is this within the terms of service for using a suite upgrade? It seems that if they didn’t want to make these available for DSU upgrades they could have blacked out the standard suites.

Advise or am I just out of luck?

Last edited by MaxKare; Jul 2, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:32 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MaxKare
I just completed a booking for a 3 night stay at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans checking in on New Years Eve is this year. I was surprised that not only were points bookings were available, but they were still showing all levels of suites available as well. After making the reservation, I called World of Hyatt to apply a DSU. The Hyatt representative was very helpful but when she tried to apply the suite upgrade, she was told by the hotel that they only confirm suite upgrades one week prior to the date of stay. Of course by that time I am sure they will not have suites available. Is this within the terms of service for using a suite upgrade? It seems that if they didn’t want to make these available for DSU upgrades they could have blacked out the standard suites.

Advise or am I just out of luck?

no against the rules. a TSU/DSU can be applied at time of booking. I'd HUCA or contact your concierge.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:24 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

Waste of an upgrade IMHO... junior suites are not very nice at this hotel.
jinrop likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, waste of an upgrade. I stay here frequently (Saints home games) and it's by no means a property I would concern myself with a suite in. Its not a bad property, but its also not a great property.

Although not traditional new orleans food, if you are into Asian at all try Maypop around the corner. My vote for best restaurant in the city (I live about an hour outside the city). Former high end fine dining chef doing louisiana twists on asian food. Its really really good.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Diamond
Thanks

I was able to get the issue resolved. I did see that the suites aren’t anything special but have more upgrades than I will be able to burn before they expire and I was able to get a balcony room, so I think it might be nice if the room overlooks the city on NYE. There were rooms available at the Centric, but didn’t want to be that close to the craziness of NYE.

Also thank you for the restaurant recommendation. Sounds great.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by MaxKare
I was able to get the issue resolved. I did see that the suites aren’t anything special but have more upgrades than I will be able to burn before they expire and I was able to get a balcony room, so I think it might be nice if the room overlooks the city on NYE. There were rooms available at the Centric, but didn’t want to be that close to the craziness of NYE.

Also thank you for the restaurant recommendation. Sounds great.
This hotel has balcony rooms? That’s news to me!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

This hotel has balcony rooms? That’s news to me!
Yeah, i'm not sure we're talking about the same hotel. No balconies at the regency.

Also OP needs to be aware this hotel will be loud and crazy as it's right next door to the superdome and the sugar bowl will be played January 1. The hotel will be full of singing/chanting sports fans.

New years is my favorite time in the city, but it is definitely a bit hectic.

Best hotel for the fireworks is a river view room at the Hilton on the river
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by jinrop
Yeah, i'm not sure we're talking about the same hotel. No balconies at the regency.

Also OP needs to be aware this hotel will be loud and crazy as it's right next door to the superdome and the sugar bowl will be played January 1. The hotel will be full of singing/chanting sports fans.

New years is my favorite time in the city, but it is definitely a bit hectic.

Best hotel for the fireworks is a river view room at the Hilton on the river

The website does show Jr Suites with balconies.... I’m wondering if they face the internal atrium as I’ve never noticed anything on the outside.

Not or one of my favorite properties. Long walk to the sights (except dome)... and Regency club here is also extremely mediocre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.