Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Family of 4 booking w/points possible at Hyatt Zivas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi, just curious if anyone has ever booked any Hyatt Zivas when family is more than 2 people with points (specifically 2 adults and 2 children--both under age 5)? I'm looking at the new Cap Cana property in the DR and I can only search rooms with 2 guests. Once I put more than that, I don't see an option to book it with points? Any pointers on how to do it? My thinking is, would it be possible to book it as 4 guests and then call them after room confirmation to ask for a pull out bed and/or crib? Will they deny us if we show up/check in with 2 adults and 2 kids? Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 4, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you have to call them. They charge depending on the number of guests and the 20k pts (or whatever, depending on category) only covers two guests.

I'm not sure if you can pay the extra amount for the two extra guests with points.

Also, do the standard rooms (which is what is available for a regular points booking) allow 4 guests? Rooms generally have a max occupancy.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
All Hyatt Ziva properties, since all-inclusive, charge more for additional guests when booking with points (and cash, obviously). I can't recall the exact amount when I booked Cancun, but I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the point value with two young kids because they weren't eating or drinking much. II think it's 12,500 extra PER guest, even children, so it would be 50,000 for you. I decided to book a suite instead, since that was just a silly waste of points.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
All Hyatt Ziva properties, since all-inclusive, charge more for additional guests when booking with points (and cash, obviously). I can't recall the exact amount when I booked Cancun, but I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the point value with two young kids because they weren't eating or drinking much. II think it's 12,500 extra PER guest, even children, so it would be 50,000 for you. I decided to book a suite instead, since that was just a silly waste of points.
Thanks AALoyaINYC for your input. Now it seems booking more than 3 guests for standard room is the most online--does this mean you called in to book with points and was charged the extra 12,500 pts per guest (It looks like the Punta Cana property allows 2 adults and 1 child in the standard for 25k pts, so if it requires extra 12.5k for the 4th for the total of 37.5k may not be too bad)? Thanks again!
Old May 7, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K

The Hyatt award chart page specifically lays out award pricing for all-inclusive Ziva resorts as single or double occupancy. 12.5K extra for additional guests.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html
Old May 7, 2019, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tigerwong

The Hyatt award chart page specifically lays out award pricing for all-inclusive Ziva resorts as single or double occupancy. 12.5K extra for additional guests.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html
Thanks tigerwong! What seems not to mention is children 2 and under stay free.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by TravelBum23
Thanks tigerwong! What seems not to mention is children 2 and under stay free.
Correct on the 2 and under. Some properties treat the minimum child age as 3-5. Just got back from PH St. Kitts and children 5 and under are not charged for buffet meals. 6-12 is child pricing, which is 1/2 adult charge.

And correct again on adding more children to reservation, I had to call, same as needing to call for suite award availability, it doesn't show on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.