Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt To Launch New Chinese Brand with BTG Homeinns

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Under the joint venture, Hyatt and BTG Homeinns will create and launch a new hospitality brand positioned to compete in the currently underserved upper-midscale segment. In a bid to better serve the unique needs of Chinese consumers, the new and entirely homegrown hotel brand will be built specifically to meet Chinese travelers’ preferences and growing expectations for a seamless, comfortable and convenient travel experience.
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/hyatt-hom...BkE-ItaPbJ5tHI
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:18 am

if WOH tier eligible, then the $25 a night at some of these places will easily be mattress runnable
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

There's an upper mid scale in China? I thought it was just motels and then luxury.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Potentially a 10th inexpensive brand for another free night...
solewalker likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by myperks

if WOH tier eligible, then the $25 a night at some of these places will easily be mattress runnable
$25? You must be dreaming. Upper midscale hotels are the likes of Fairfield Inn and Holiday Inn Express, and these hotels are priced around $45 to $100 in China. Presumably, Hyatt's product will be priced at the higher end of that segment.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by tth6133
$25? You must be dreaming. Upper midscale hotels are the likes of Fairfield Inn and Holiday Inn Express, and these hotels are priced around $45 to $100 in China. Presumably, Hyatt's product will be priced at the higher end of that segment.
Homeinns in parts of China, even outer areas of big cities such as Shanghai, can go for 150-200rmb per night. Not saying all will go for that price. So the dream is real if tier credits are allowed.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The emphasis on Chinese customers makes me wonder about brand standards. Will staff speak English? Will western breakfast items be available? In fact, can foreigners stay there in that the hotel will register visas for guests?

BTW, I have stayed in "local" four star hotels in mainland China (where they did speak some English and of course they did register my visa) in somewhat smaller Chinese cities (with populations of only three or four million) and a few things would have been difficult to do with the hotel without my local Chinese host doing the translating. Let me say that there were some amusing or worse aspects.......and now I stay in foreign chain hotels only.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.........In fact, can foreigners stay there in that the hotel will register visas for guests?...........
Good question. China only allows foreigners to stay in hotels classified as International Tourist Hotels. I wonder if this new brand will be Chinese (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) only.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Aventine
There's an upper mid scale in China? I thought it was just motels and then luxury.
Branded economy hotels are actually pretty popular. I speak from experience because I stay at them often (e.g. Green Tree, Super 8, 7 Days Inn, Motel 168). Assuming you don't want to stay in the boondocks, prices are around Y300 per night in first tier cities, and Y200 in lower tier cities. Even though we are cheap, I find that going south of Y200 is often bad (i.e. no matter how crappy the city, the economics don't work at that level). In any event, this is a pretty cool development.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.