Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

can i change name and gold passport on reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

hi all, I have exactly 40 nights booked at various hyatts this summer. In light of the summer promotion, which is capped at 25 nights for me, is it possible to switch the from my name on reservation to my wife's for the other 15 nights as she is targeted for the 15 night 30000 points promo (up to 20 nights)? Cancelling and rebooking in her name isnt an option as the rates have gone up dramatically. Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:50 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by babypuwet
hi all, I have exactly 40 nights booked at various hyatts this summer. In light of the summer promotion, which is capped at 25 nights for me, is it possible to switch the from my name on reservation to my wife's for the other 15 nights as she is targeted for the 15 night 30000 points promo (up to 20 nights)? Cancelling and rebooking in her name isnt an option as the rates have gone up dramatically. Thanks
YES.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:23 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
To get credit for the stays, you'll want to make sure that your spouse is the Primary (first) guest on the reservation AND pays for the room with a credit card in HER name. It goes without saying that your spouse needs to actually be on the trip and spend the actual night in the room.

If your spouse does not already have status, it would be a great idea for her to enroll in the Diamond Quick Elite Qualifying Challenge, to get Diamond status after 12 nights.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. We will be travelling together on all 40 nights and I was able to call the individual properties to change it to her name.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Is your wife Diamond already? If not, did you register her for the Elite Tier Offer? 4 more DSUs would be nice.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
thanks for the replies. We will be travelling together on all 40 nights and I was able to call the individual properties to change it to her name.
Old thread, but still relevant.

Is it better to make the change in advance, or can it be done at check-in? I made the reservation in my account. Since then we have decided that she would focus on the Hyatt spend (earning neighs for spent) and the nights themselves.Basically, any downside to just doing in there?

Cheers.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:23 pm

Never mind...didn't realize the OP was so old haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.