Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I stayed here for two nights immediately after my stay at the Andaz Palm...and I can say they don't even compare in terms of location, service, and amenities. I wouldn't stay here again.
I couldn't disagree more on that. We did it the exact oposite. We cancelled our Andaz reservation to stay longer in the Centric because the house, the rooms, the views and the overall feeling are much better at the Centric in our view.

The constuction site before the hotel was not a problem for us. And it should be finished within the next couple of weeks. They are already doing the driveways.

Bye
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by rota
I couldn't disagree more on that. We did it the exact oposite. We cancelled our Andaz reservation to stay longer in the Centric because the house, the rooms, the views and the overall feeling are much better at the Centric in our view.
To each their own. The service at Andaz was impeccable, the two pool options were amazing, and the beach at Andaz was serene and beautiful, with nice views of the Burj Al Arab and the city skyline in the far distance. I enjoyed the large infinity pool at the Andaz, along with the pool beverage service and poolside restaurant. The breakfast buffet at Andaz was far superior also.

If you want to trek across a dusty construction zone to get to the beach, and if you want to swim in a small wading pool with views of a rocky harbor and cranes, Hyatt Centric is definitely the way to go.

But again, to each their own.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:41 am

Haha, sorry for angering you 😉

I buy that the breakfast at the Andaz and overall F&B is better. Also, as I said, the beach at Centric is not an option for me, as isn't the pool.

The Centric has the much better views and rooms, though.

We need a big, nice suite with a view as homebase for our trips. We don't need a full service resort but want to go out to different locations (Pools, Restaurants, Shops) each an every day. We even skip breakfast on some days and go brunch elsewhere (e.g. try Brunch & Cake at the lake (not wasl51!) although included for Globalists.

So I think whether the centric is perfect is related to your expectations.

Bye

So the centric
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:52 am

Just had a 1-night stay because I had been intrigued to give this a try. For some context behind my comments, I am based in AUH and stay very regularly in a number of different chain hotels in Dubai.

Pros:
- Quite nice rooms, obviously new and designed reasonably well.
- Supposed benefit of being close to La Mer (but see below).

Cons:
- Area immediately around the hotel is still under construction. In fact, they were still doing loud construction works outside my room at 10:30pm. None of the landscaping is done, the access roads are a mess, and it all just feels like you've made a mistake staying in an unfinished area of town.
- Various teething issues as you would expect from a 1-month old hotel, including lack of signage guiding you to the parking (no valet, self parking only), staff not yet experienced or familiar with the hotel (let alone polished service), and so on.
- La Mer development was popular a couple years back but seems to be on a clear decline - during my evening walk, I'd say 70% of the outlets were unoccupied / recently abandoned, and I don't see how this is going to recover anytime soon. So it really wasn't much of an advantage being located where it is located.
- If you need to make frequent trips up and down SZR then this is not a great location, and prone to traffic in the Jumeirah area.

Dealbreaker:
- There are at least two beach clubs / nightclubs right next to the hotel, hilariously on both sides (so there is no escape wherever your room is facing), which are open until 3am and 4am respectively at weekends. Every guest I saw in the front desk were loudly complaining about the noise which kept them up all night. I am normally not a fussy sleeper but I had to turn on my own music in order to drown out the bass-heavy music accentuated by obnoxious MCs. The front desk was even telling guests that "the hotel can't complain to the police because they told us that the guests need to be reporting it to the police directly".

Until the noise issue is sorted out, this hotel is firmly off my list. Even then, I'm not sure how likely I would return, but until then there is absolutely zero chance.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Dealbreaker:
- There are at least two beach clubs / nightclubs right next to the hotel, hilariously on both sides (so there is no escape wherever your room is facing), which are open until 3am and 4am respectively at weekends. Every guest I saw in the front desk were loudly complaining about the noise which kept them up all night. I am normally not a fussy sleeper but I had to turn on my own music in order to drown out the bass-heavy music accentuated by obnoxious MCs. The front desk was even telling guests that "the hotel can't complain to the police because they told us that the guests need to be reporting it to the police directly".

Until the noise issue is sorted out, this hotel is firmly off my list. Even then, I'm not sure how likely I would return, but until then there is absolutely zero chance.
Thanks for reporting the noise issue.
I have a 1-night stay coming up next month and unfortunately my stay is on a weekend.
Maybe I should just move to the Grand Hyatt instead.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Dealbreaker:

Thanks for the heads up. Zero chance here too because I'm ultra sensitive to noise.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:24 am

And if you wanted to see the state of the surrounding area as at last weekend:

Let's just say that it will need a little time
TravelTheWorld66 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

And if you wanted to see the state of the surrounding area as at last weekend:

Place looks like a construction zone. I'm guessing the owners put a lot of pressure on this place to open ASAP.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:39 pm

Compared to one month ago, it actually looks pretty finished for the ground works. Looks like landscaping and gardeners are the next.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Absolutely. There are much better Hyatt options at this moment in time. The ONLY reason I would recommend staying here is if you're trying to complete Hyatt Centric on your brand explorer challenge.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Booked 3 nights here using Certs for April. Ill go ahead and check it out.

Where is parking for this hotel?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:46 pm

It's basement parking.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
Where is parking for this hotel?
When I was there in late December they had valet service; however, that may have changed.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
I guess someone in the management has lost his mind. Checked April-June when only Executive suite is bookable for 21k points although all types Standard rooms are bookable by cash. Means that free night and brand badge vouchers cannot be used. Standard room cash prices are higher than in Andaz and PH.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Stayed here last week. Booked 3 nights using cat 1-4 certs. Upgraded to a Executive Suite.

*I liked the location, we had a car and valet parking was free. However, I noticed in general parking here is free no matter what (YMMV).
*Construction is still on going for the street past the hotel and development of homes/condos are still on going next door. Noise is minimal.
*Breakfast is a la carte
*Service was very good, puts a lot of centric here in US to shame.

I would definitely come back to this hotel.
clublevel15 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.