Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:37 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Hyatt today announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with wasl Asset Management Group, one of the largest real estate development and management companies in Dubai, for the development of an Andaz-branded hotel at La Mer—a vibrant lifestyle district in the coastal area of Jumeirah. Expected to open in 2020, the property will become the first Andaz-branded hotel in Dubai and the second Andaz hotel in the United Arab Emirates, joining Andaz Capital Gate Abu Dhabi

Andaz Dubai La Mer will feature 156 rooms and suites, with 409-square-foot (38-square-meter) residential-style guestrooms highlighting key elements of the city through décor and design. To add to the area’s thriving culinary scene, the hotel will offer two restaurants and a rooftop bar and pool area with stunning panoramic views. Meeting facilities, available to guests and locals, will encompass two residential-style studio rooms.

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-rele...295_123771-117

Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
According to this PR announcing Andaz Dubai The Palm, https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-rele...825#assets_all , this property is being rebranded as Hyatt Centric La Mer Dubai.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:49 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Another Andaz is announced with an earlier opening date, 2019. Thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ubai-palm.html

@moderators - can you please rename this thread to "Hyatt Centric La Mer Dubai " - thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I'm excited for this one. Anyone know a more specific date for launch?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I'm excited for this one. Anyone know a more specific date for launch?
The wiki in the upcoming properties thread has this opening listed as September 21st this year.

khabah
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I took this photo of the construction site today.

agjil and GratefulSmile like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:04 am

Hmm after looking at the construction photo provided by valdor above, I'm not sure if this property will be able to open this year, which is already on a very delayed schedule.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Hmm after looking at the construction photo provided by valdor above, I'm not sure if this property will be able to open this year, which is already on a very delayed schedule.
They may be behind schedule, but seeing as the structure is more or less complete, interior works are no doubt going on and this being Dubai, there's quite a good chance this'll make the planned September 21st opening. I think it just might.

khabah
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by khabah
They may be behind schedule, but seeing as the structure is more or less complete, interior works are no doubt going on and this being Dubai, there's quite a good chance this'll make the planned September 21st opening. I think it just might.

khabah
I hope you are right, as I am planning to visit Dubai at the end of the year.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:35 am

Found this photo on the Google listing for the hotel, taken July 11th. Signs are up and some of the final balcony lighting is on, plus they're hiring on the Hyatt job site.

Opening can't be far off now.

khabah

Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:49 am

No official listing on the Hyatt website yet though?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by illico
No official listing on the Hyatt website yet though?
I was thinking the same thing; Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City, for instance, is online and it's not opening until fall 2022, yet this one with a planned opening in September is nowhere to be seen!

Hopefully it's around the corner. Property code is DXBCL, and based on the interior renderings I've seen, this one will be beautiful. This one was conceived as an Andaz and the design reflects that, contrary to the current Andaz on the Palm which was designed as a Hyatt Centric and - despite being a very nice hotel - definitely feels like a lesser product masquerading as a higher-end one.

khabah
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:10 pm

Oh nice, the building looks complete.
Fingers crossed for scheduled opening this year.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:22 am

Picture I found online taken August 4th. Interior furnishings look just about complete and they've been hiring for a while; not sure why we're seeing Hyatts opening in 2022 listed on the website but this one is totally silent.

khabah

Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:48 pm

I've been following the details for this hotel as well. I'm not familiar with Dubai very much. Is the La Mer area a good spot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.