Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any real difference between Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any real difference between Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Out of the all the non-US Regencys and GHs I stayed in, GH is certainly any notches higher in terms of service, size, amenities and offerings than the Regencys. More modern too.
It’s interesting how different the portfolio is. I don’t think I’ve seen a modern GH this decade, yet the vast majority of HR’s I go to are relatively new!
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Something doesn't have to be modern to be nice. For example, in Seattle, the GH is much less modern than the HR, but I think the GH has a much better and more luxurious design.

Still though, the difference between GH and HR is IMO very hit or miss and very dependent on specific properties.
rhg247 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:31 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Some GHs like in Amman and and Muscat have preserved their classic touch. At the same time, some HRs like in Koh Samui and other tropical locations are more modern

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.