Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm generally happy with my concierge. She's a pleasure to work with and while there was a period where she was not super responsive, that's improved. This week, she didn't respond right away, but I got a response from Alyssa F. as a stand-in and she was extraordinarily pleasant and did a super job applying an SUA to an award stay and explaining that it would take a while for the reservation to update.

Is the Hyatt program perfect? No, but it sure is better than any other loyalty program I participate in. This particular stay (award + SUA) I'll be getting a redemption value of 4.6 cpp.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
New Globalist here and the assigned My Concierge rep email response time is horrendous.

Already had to request for a new rep that is responsive.

Seems to me this Globalist benefit is pointless if it takes 5-7 days for time-sensitive email responses.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SF_DUKE
New Globalist here and the assigned My Concierge rep email response time is horrendous.

Already had to request for a new rep that is responsive.

Seems to me this Globalist benefit is pointless if it takes 5-7 days for time-sensitive email responses.
As a new globalist, let us teach you something about the concierge program. It is not meant for time sensitive issues. If you have such, Twitter or phone are better. It is good for more complicated issues that require someone to look at in more detail where time is not an issue. Good luck and welcome to the ranks!
SF_DUKE and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
It is not meant for time sensitive issues.
It's not useful for "right now" but I almost always get a response within 24 hours, and if I make the request during MHC's work-day typically within a matter of hours.

5-7 days is out of line and complaint-worthy.
SF_DUKE likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's not useful for "right now" but I almost always get a response within 24 hours, and if I make the request during MHC's work-day typically within a matter of hours.

5-7 days is out of line and complaint-worthy.
You have a better concierge than me and than many other who report here. <24 hours is a very unusual response time from my concierge. ~72 hours is more the average.

Also - re complaints, I spoke directly to the head of concierges when my responses were similar in delay and he basically shrugged his shoulders and said "we're busy" and your concierge is responding as best she can. He also would not move me to another concierge as he claimed it would not help. However... ~30 days later she was mysteriously re-assigned and I received a much better concierge (although clearly not the same one you have)

I just noticed I joined FT 2 mos before you. And yet I've fallen way behind in my posts
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I had a few email exchanges with my Concierge yesterday, and she responded in under 30 minutes each time!
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
How long is too long to wait for a concierge assignment?

requalified late November last year (was glob-lite) and just went to send an email… realized I never got a concierge assigned. Im assuming it never triggered a “new” concierge Since I’d been glob lite for a couple years.

Where does one even reach out for something like this?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:38 pm

Go ahead and send an email anyway...when it goes un-responded to, you will know you have a full concierge experience.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:41 pm

Anyone have ek she uses to be very good now I get responses from other people
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
MHC BV continues to be exceptional and great.

I have a reservation using a TSU, and the rate has dropped, so I wrote an e-mail this morning at 8:15, if she can adjust to the new rate.
Rate was changed at 10:45.

I thanked her, and she reply back APPOLOGIZING THAT I HAD TO WAIT SO LONG.

2.5 hours is really no wait. She is wonderful.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:52 pm

My concierge seemed to be good until a recent situation with a hotel playing games with upgrades. I asked her about the hotel not honor upgrade to standard suite (and also classifying all suites as premium suites for upgrades but one of them was standard when booking on points). She replied with the terms and conditions that hotels can decide what is best available room at check in, which is fine. I then asked for clarification on how hotels can decide what qualifies as best available room and she said they are free to do it however they want, including deciding that the best available room is actually lower room category than booked.

Yeah .... that's not good if they are telling their most loyal customers that hotel can do whatever they want in terms of upgrades, including downgrading customers but calling it an upgrade. I'm sure its not 100% accurate but my former concierge would help me with properites who played games with upgrades and this one just seems to want to allow properties to do whatever they want (she really should work for Marriott).
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Yeah ok but, really?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:36 am

I am dealing with an issue where it takes 4-5 days for my emails to be delivered to my MHC. We have tried many different email accounts on my side. For whatever reason, the Hyatt firewall is preventing my emails from going to them immediately. They're taking several days just to hit their inbox. MHC claims she a filed a ticket but nothing has changed. What should I do?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10
I am dealing with an issue where it takes 4-5 days for my emails to be delivered to my MHC. We have tried many different email accounts on my side. For whatever reason, the Hyatt firewall is preventing my emails from going to them immediately. They're taking several days just to hit their inbox. MHC claims she a filed a ticket but nothing has changed. What should I do?
call or chat if that works for the time being?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jbandy10
is that why mine take 4 or 5 days also? I thought it was just an overworked concierge 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.