Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Beijing - Wangjing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob

Hyatt Regency Beijing Wangjing

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Lei Shing Hong Center 8 Guangshun South Street Beijing, CN 100102

Hyatt Regency Beijing - Wangjing (15 Photos)

The hotel is well away from the tourist center of the city, but was good for me considering I was on a long overnight layover and wanted to be relatively close to the airport.  I’m not familiar with the area, but Zaha Hadid’s Soho development is nearby and there are metro stations 10/15 minute walk away.  Taxi to/from the airport was about $8USD.

Arrival

I arrived around 3:30am after a late arrival to PEK for an overnight layover with my flight back to the states at 6:30pm the next evening.  Arrival by taxi was a bit of a pain as the taxi driver looked at the (100% correct) map and address (in Chinese) in the Hyatt app and proceeded to drop me off a 10 minute walk away at 3am.  I should have argued with him, but managed to figure out where I needed to go.  Note that the location in Google Maps is currently NOT correct, but the map that loads in the Hyatt app is correct.

Check-in

Check-in was relatively quick and painless.  The staff spoke good english, let me know I was upgraded as a Globalist, and that breakfast would be in the 3rd floor Regency Club.  4pm check-out was granted easily upon request.

Overall Design

The exterior (at least at night) was not much to behold.  Inside, the overall aesthetic is very subdued with a definite Asian vibe.  Stay away if you don’t like wood paneling — it’s everywhere, but feels modern and high end to me.  The hallways are done in a very dark wood which changes to a blonde tone inside the guest rooms.  

Elevator Landiing.jpg

1_Hallway.jpg

Room

I was upgraded to a Regency Suite on the 8th floor — not sure if it was the “deluxe” or not.  As you enter, there is a half bath off the entry foyer and a minbar/tea area where a full size bottle of red wine and a jar of nuts were placed (presumably complimentary, but there was no explanation and I didn’t get around to drinking the wine).

Foyer - View to Livinig Room.jpg

Living - Welcome Amenity.jpg

Bathroom - Half Bath.jpg

Also off the foyer is a dining table seating four with some complimentary fruit and then a large living room with sectional sofa and two chairs.  This whole entry/living area is hardwood floors with a notably pretty area rug in the living area next to floor-to-ceiling windows.  The seating is all very low and not particularly comfortable.  There’s a very large TV along with a small Bose bluetooth tabletop speaker.

Living Room - Overview.jpg

Living Room - View to Foyer.jpg

The bedroom is large as well with a nice king bed with massive pillows and very comfortable bed linens.  The headboard is dark brown leather(ette?) as is the loveseat by the window.  The bedroom is carpeted in a striped brown wall-to-wall carpet that I didn’t love.  A wall panel next to the bed has switches for the various lighting and to operate the motorized shades and sheers.  Of note:  all outlets in the room are universal-plug equipped so no adapters are needed.

IMG_20181107_032422.jpg

Bedroom - Switch Panel Detail.jpg

Another large TV in here as well.  There is a wall panel with HDMI and Aux inputs as well as a button to activate Bluetooth audio on the TV which loads screen telling you which bluetooth device to connect to as well as a 4-digit pin needed to complete pairing.  Unfortunately the device name is simply “Bluetooth” so it’s the same for presumably every TV is every guest room so it took some trial and error to identify the correct one.  Once paired, the audio will play through the TV as well as a ceiling-mounted speaker in the adjoining bathroom (with a separate volume dial next to the vanity).  I could not get the wall-plate HDMI port to work.

Bathroom - Overview.jpg

The bathroom can be entirely open to the bedroom or closed off with sliding doors.  In the center of the green stone-tiled room is a really nice bathtub.  At the back are a large separate shower stall (with bench and overhead + handheld sprayers) and an enclosed toilet (not Japanese style).  To one side is the vanity area with double sinks.  On the opposite side is an obscenely large walk-in wardrobe/closet.

Bathroom - Shower.jpg

The website lists the toiletries as Portico, but the brand in the room is actually [comfort zone] by LaBottega (60ml size).  Not sure how these brands compare, but the [comfort zone] products were fine for me and felt fairly luxe.  There were also two light bathrobes as well as two decent pairs of slippers.

Bathroom - Ameniities.jpg

Floorplan for reference below.  I was given an odd-number room which didn't have much of a view while I belieive the even-numbered rooms across the way have views over to the Soho area.

Floorplan.jpg

View.jpg

Regency Club

The club is on the third floor and is very nicely designed.  It felt relatively large, but it was almost empty at 8:30am and I’m not sure how busy it might get when the hotel is at full capacity.  I was only able to visit for breakfast and didn’t explore much, but it appears that there was some outdoor patio space as well.

Regency Club.jpg

The breakfast itself was somewhat limited, but good quality.  A hot food station had a few buffet-style options, both Asian and Western.  Eggs could be ordered to your liking in addition to noodles (or maybe it was congee... or both?).

A decent selection of yogurt, fruit, and juices was available as well as the European style cheeses and sliced meats.  High quality bread and pastries rounded out the selection.  Coffee is from an automated machine which made a relatively decent latte.

The staff at breakfast were very sweet and eager to help me navigate and then clean plates away.

Hyatt Regency Beijing - Wangjing

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Beijing Wangjing?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Very nice review and write up.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:02 am

Thanks for the review.

Very timely, as I will be staying there for three nights in ten days' time. Looking forward to it.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm considering staying here next week. Any other reports of Globalist benefits? I assume since it's a Regency breakfast is only in the club?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Just had a great stay at this new Hyatt -- I really like it. I won't post any pictures as mine are identical to KevO -- I was upgraded to the same regency suite.

Since it's a Regency breakfast is at the lounge. I didn't attend evening food/cocktails (between 5:30 and 7:30), but breakfast is pretty good... full continental spread along with eggs cooked to order, noodles, and Congee.

Staff are super nice though... you can tell they're proud of their hotel and are very friendly. I moved from here to the Park Hyatt this trip and next time will just stay at Wangling, although it's a bit farther away from most of the tourist stuff.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:21 pm

Would it be worth staying at this hotel for an overnight layover vs hotel next to the airport? I'll be landing at 6PM and have a flight the next morning at 10AM.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iamalexchung
Would it be worth staying at this hotel for an overnight layover vs hotel next to the airport? I'll be landing at 6PM and have a flight the next morning at 10AM.
I wouldn't do it. A 10am flight means you need to be there at 7:30 or 8 the latest (super busy time at PEK). You'll hit the morning rush hour traffic which is brutal. I can recommend the Hilton Beijing Airport.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:47 am

Thanks Kevo for the first review. Very helpful. GH Beijing out of my price range and not really where I need to be this trip. Any recent stays at this property?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 11:22 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here back April for a week.

Applied a Globalist upgrade and got a standard suite on a high-floor overlooking the inner courtyard. Was very happy with the room: large, lots of space, and natural wood that reminded me of my stay at the Park Hyatt Seoul. Housekeeping was great and we had no complaints.

Club Lounge punched above its weight, with made-to-order breakfasts and evening offerings. Service was friendly throughout and as a family, we couldn't have asked for a more relaxed and inclusive place. The nearby neighborhood is definitely a suburb of Beijing, with transit options requiring connections to get into the center. Didi was quick and efficient, although it could be anywhere between 15-30 minutes to get to the inner ring roads.

All in all a really solid hotel, although the biggest downside is just that it's outside of the city core. We were visiting family and didn't mind, but if you're a first time visitor Beijing, I'd suggest trying to be closer to city center.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
I have stayed at this property for more than 20 times from 2020 onwards, with the most recent stay being in June 2023 where I stayed for 3 nights and was upgraded to Regency Suite King.

I would advise anyone who is staying for more than 1 night and wants a suite to apply an SUA here as this property has a high occupancy rate. Their rooms are spread across from 3rd to 9th floors, with Regency Suite King bearing the following room numbers:

Soho View (12 of them)
3016/28
5016/28
6016/28
7016/28
8016/28
9016/28

Garden View
3015 (only standard suite with outdoor space)

If you are unable to get a suite, I'd advise to go for their King deluxe rooms or their Twin deluxe rooms.

Globalist benefits include:
1/ Breakfast at Regency Club (3rd floor) or Market Cafe (latter not being offered often - depends on special occasions/dates)
2/ Happy Hour at Regency Club

Their breakfast at Regency Club is a full spread with made to order eggs/noodles. There is a good balance between the western and chinese dishes, with traditional Beijing food being particularly delightful.

Happy Hour is among the best I've been for Grand Hyatt/Hyatt Regency in mainland China. It can easily be dinner and in my view better than what's being offered at Grand Hyatt Beijing.

4pm late check out is proactively being offered.

If you are visiting for the first time, I recommend you getting one of the Soho view rooms (either Suite or Deluxe or Standard, in that order).

All in all this property is very well run by Till Martin who is German and has been in Beijing for a while (and with this property since its opening in 2018).

Happy to answer any questions.

Entrance of Hotel

Hotel Lobby

Suite King Living Room

Suite King Bedroom with Outdoor Space

Happy Hour Drinks

Breakfast - Beef Noodles

Beijing Yoghurt and Tofu Soup
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I don't like this property - while the rooms are nice, I don't like the location and I don't like that we can't choose full buffet breakfast in the main restaurant. Most Hyatts in China allow full buffet. The club breakfast is ok but it's a club breakfast.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Stayed here last night on points, (only 8k +used a club access award). As posted in above threads, the staff is amazing and the hotel rooms modern, location is so-so.
Yes, i agree the 'club' breakfast is good & better than the downtown grand Hyatt. Also toured the full buffet downstairs & saw the eggs benedict, they said just ask for it in the club & allow a few minutes & they would deliver the eggs to the 3rd floor lounge. Fabulous 'team' service, this club lounge could hold 100 people, so lots of space.
Oh, they had 10 tv channels in English, 3 were movie channels & 2 are star sports channels.
The live music in the corner whiskey bar doesn't start until 9pm. (It's on the main lobby floor)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.