Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Keystone Colorado REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Keystone Colorado REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by whistler814
At check in they will give you all the vouchers that you need for the activities and skiing. You’ll bring these to exchange for the actual activities on site (skate rental, lift ticket office). No extra coordination. Basically every hotel stay (excluding timeshares I think) at Keystone gets the same benefits and everyone working there is familiar.

When you order your adult lift ticket online you will pick the ski 2 days out of 3 option starting on your desired date. Don’t book this too early (>10 days iirc?) because they will charge you a dumb fee to ship you the ski pass (which is a RFID card). If you are inside 10 days they won’t mail you the pass; you’ll have to go to the lift ticket office to pick it up for free (you’ll have to go here anyways for the kids lift tickets). They’ll add the free night ski in their system to the front end of your paid package (as well as the kids’). Seems like something they see all the time because they knew exactly what to do and I was out in about 5-10 min. Again the kids don’t need to be present for this process.

I’d also like to put in a plug for Mountain View Sports for rentals which is directly across the highway from Hyatt Place. They have kids rent free with adult rental, on top of very reasonable rental rates. Their gear, even the basic stuff, is in good shape (boots were brand new for my kids back in November). Best part is they allow free early pick up at 4pm the night before your reservation. If you can time it right, your arrival day you can ski and rent for free. FWIW, I don’t work for them. Just a very satisfied customer sharing a deal.
That's great. Thank you so much for the all the super-useful info!
I will definitely rent from Mountain View Sports if we end up deciding to go.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:01 pm

I booked 3 nights during this upcoming winter, which came out to $912 including taxes for 3 nights.
Thinking this would be a good place to use my annual Chase free night cert, I tried to change the booking to 2-night stay. When I did that, the total came out to be $770 for 2 nights. So only ~$140 difference between 2 nights vs 3 nights.
It seems like the nightly rate goes down significantly, the longer you stay here. And this makes it hard to justifying burning the certificate (esp if you just have one).
Has anyone else noticed this at this property?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Planning to stay at this property in July. What is near by worth visiting (shopping, dining, hiking)? Recommendations would be appreciated.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Planning to stay at this property in July. What is near by worth visiting (shopping, dining, hiking)? Recommendations would be appreciated.
The town of Breckenridge is about 25 minutes away. Go there!
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just redeemed a certificate for a weekend getaway during the Keystone Wine and Jazz Festival. Rates advertised mid $200 but after taxes, resort fees and parking easily above $300, so good use of points.

As Globalist on points free valet, no resort fees, early and late check out and upgrade to 6th floor mountain view. Standard Hyatt place amenities, but my upgrade was a 2 room suite, the bedroom has high cathedral ceilings, so that makes it seem very spacious. Mini fridge, no microwave.

Living room has extra TV and dining table. Standard Covid modified grab and go breakfast. Room was located close to 6th floor outdoor hot tub, that was convenient. There are only 3 hot tubs on property (6th, 5th and LL).

I did see the overcrowded parking lot, but since I used valet I let them deal with the lack of parking.

The resort fee is a money grab, the only benefit they stressed is the use of shuttle and use of Keystone hotel sister property pool and spa.

The area is beautiful and, hotel walking distance to Keystone ski area and shopping, restaurants. Great location and great views. I received good value for points since not too many options in area within my budget.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Current Questions for 2021 Guests

Going very soon as a Glob on free night certificates.

The thread seems to be contradictory as to whether Glob being on an award stay gets you out of the resort fee or not. (Online program notes seems to infer yes. Old thread sounds like there may have been some hotel pushback. Or maybe just that discussion is a couple years dated). What does it cover anyway? Any recent experiences?

Similar question about parking. The booking at least infers valet is the only remaining option. Any recent experiences?

Also any walking distance dining reopened? I love Breckinridge, but doubt we haul into town every night.

Thanks

Last edited by jayer; Jul 25, 2021 at 7:55 pm
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I stayed last week and I self parked. They gave me a slip of paper to place in car and I forgot but nothing happened. Breakfast is Jimmy Deans and standard HP fare. Room faced mountains and was very nice in the morning. You can take a walk around the small lake and stream - took only about 15 to 20 mins. I used a cert and was charged nothing. There is a few restaurants in the area. Mexican right across the street and a few bars next to the hotel. If you can get the the village about 1/2 mi away, then there are more options. We ate at ZUMA Roadhouse and it was fine. Interesting they have a sister place in Beaver Creek village with a similar menu. Some of the items a bit less expensive then the one here. Bottom line this is a HP with a view.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Just adding a few comments after checking out.

Hyatt Place with a view yes, meaning that in a very good way, but with really, really good guest-facing staff at the front desk and breakfast area.

There are two different parking basements, and an open-air lot. The bottom-floor parking structures are small, tight, and dark. I was really impressed with the two guys who managed to stuff in a pick-up and a suburban, because I would not try them with a car. Don't seem to be enough spaces, but on the really crowded night they were comping valet. But I'm really not sure where all the cars were going. Not my problem.

The sleeper sofas unfold in a manner that requires special instructions. Really. Have to pull straight out and flat all the way, yank the mattress forward, and not till then pull the outside half over and down onto the front legs, or it freezes at about a 30 degree angle. Really. They sort of tried not to laugh and apologized at the same time, explaining they usually had to go demo the process. Really.

There are three small hot tubs. No longer taking timed reservations, but you are asked to take turns and not climb in with strangers. (Seemed to be a lingering covid rule, possibly from the state--but really two of the three are very small and there isn't room for more than one family group--unless you like being skin-to-skin with people you don't know).

When asked they commented that "they" were still constraining what the hotel could be offering at breakfast. I was not really clear if "they" were Hyatt or health authorities. But the staff were helpful to our food-allergy person,

The Colo-Mex, which is different than Tex-Mex, place across the highway was unique and good. (I will pay $20 if you can get their salsa recipe they brought with the chips--sweet more than hot and loved it). The soup at the soup, burger, and whiskey place next door (really, that is a combination) was good.

Last edited by jayer; Aug 11, 2021 at 4:51 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:31 pm

Lowly Hyatt Discoverist here looking to get some value out of 2x Cat 1-4 FNCs this winter. Seems as though free breakfast is offered specifically at this HP. And the resort fee would be waived because this would be considered 2x award nights. HP Keystone's website specifically mentions that "Parking is included in the $35/night/room resort fee". Anyone familiar with whether that would then include free parking for a Discoverist since the fee is supposedly waived?

Also Any experience / recommendations on booking ski rentals at River Run (0.6 miles from HP Keystone) vs Mountain House (0.3 miles from HP Keystone)? Seems like a lot more food, drink, and apres ski options in the River Run town area.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:15 pm

Lowly Hyatt Discoverist here looking to get some value out of 2x Cat 1-4 FNCs this winter. . . . .Parking is included in the $35/night/room resort fee". Anyone familiar with whether that would then include free parking for a Discoverist since the fee is supposedly waived?
See my post above.

This summer parking was free unless you wanted to pay for the premium valet spots. That is not to say it is an easy place to park, and the joint was not full the week when we were there. Really thought it was a great value for the certificate with great guest-facing staff. You could call to confirm about the winter parking arrangements.

Last edited by jayer; Sep 10, 2021 at 4:41 pm
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hey there - can someone help me w/ suite availability and Hyatt terms? When I look at the Hyatt Place's room categories, they have a King Suite - they've categorized this as a room, not a suite. Thus, I can't use a suite upgrade, since there are no suites here.... just suites categorized as "rooms."

I'm filing a ticket with Hyatt on this, but has anyone else had luck w/ confirmed suite upgrades? Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hey there - can someone help me w/ suite availability and Hyatt terms? When I look at the Hyatt Place's room categories, they have a King Suite - they've categorized this as a room, not a suite. Thus, I can't use a suite upgrade, since there are no suites here.... just suites categorized as "rooms."

I'm filing a ticket with Hyatt on this, but has anyone else had luck w/ confirmed suite upgrades? Thanks!
I don't believe any rooms at a Hyatt House or Hyatt Place are eligible for suite cert upgrades.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I don't believe any rooms at a Hyatt House or Hyatt Place are eligible for suite cert upgrades.
​​​​​​

That's correct. They're not... And the reason is because a suite is categorized as a room. If you go to another hotel, like, for example, the Hyatt Regency Downtown Denver, and you go to their website and click "Rooms," you'll see two clickable items: "rooms" and "suites." Under the list there, you'll see which is a standard suite, which is a premium suite, which are not eligible for suite upgrades, etc. If you go to the Hyatt Place Keystone and click "Rooms," you don't see rooms and suites. You just see rooms. Suites are listed in the "Rooms" category so of course they would never show up as eligible for a suite upgrade.

It just seems like this is a big loophole in the Hyatt program. What's to stop every other hotel that doesn't want to give away a suite from jamming their suites into the rooms category?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
​​​​​​

That's correct. They're not... And the reason is because a suite is categorized as a room. If you go to another hotel, like, for example, the Hyatt Regency Downtown Denver, and you go to their website and click "Rooms," you'll see two clickable items: "rooms" and "suites." Under the list there, you'll see which is a standard suite, which is a premium suite, which are not eligible for suite upgrades, etc. If you go to the Hyatt Place Keystone and click "Rooms," you don't see rooms and suites. You just see rooms. Suites are listed in the "Rooms" category so of course they would never show up as eligible for a suite upgrade.

It just seems like this is a big loophole in the Hyatt program. What's to stop every other hotel that doesn't want to give away a suite from jamming their suites into the rooms category?
Well then you have answered your own question! I do know that the hotel will try and upgrade you to one of the king suites if they are available. I checked in over Christmas one year and was told by the desk that they tried to upgrade me but the hotel was sold out.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Well then you have answered your own question!
Well, not exactly. I spoke with someone on the globalist line, and she agreed that it seemed the hotel was trying to skirt the rules. She went through all the policies, and she filed a ticket with Hyatt. Was curious if anyone has gone down that path yet.... Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.